Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never watched Daredevil. But I really would love to see some religion in Marvel; it's controversial, I know, but it could be kind of interesting. I'd be here for it. As a devout Roman Catholic myself, I've never had a problem with exploring my religion's pros and cons. Also, if any LGBT characters are involved in the storyline, then religion could feature there too (or that might be way too controversial). I just think we've done the generic storyline of nationalism and xenophobia, and it's time for a new angle. Something unique to separate this from everything that's come before.
I would totally recommend Daredevil, regardless of the religion aspect. But Matt Murdoch is catholic and that certainly plays a part in his storyline over the seasons. You might find that aspect interesting aside from all the other awesomeness on show.

Yup, for sure. I want to see a moment equivalent to this in the MCU at some point
View attachment 13691

Kurt can be used to highlight religious folk in a good light. A counterbalance to people like Stryker and Grayden Creed.

I also like the idea of the U-Men. People wanting to be mutants to cash in on the mutant phenomenon yet they don't want to deal with the struggle that comes with being one. "Everybody wanna be a mutant but nobody wanna be a mutant' another thing relevant to modern-day society.
Poor Kurt in that image lol.

If we get Kurt in the MCU I would certainly hope they include his religion and it was good to see it at least touched on in X2.

The U-Men sounds interesting too, just going to be hard to fit all this potential stuff in. There really is an amazing film that they could make with all this material.

I would totally recommend Daredevil, regardless of the religion aspect. But Matt Murdoch is catholic and that certainly plays a part in his storyline over the seasons. You might find that aspect interesting aside from all the other awesomeness on show.

I will definitely check it out. These sorts of things interest me a lot. Are there any Muslim superheroes in Marvel? I heard a rumor that there would be a Muslim girl in Spiderman Far From Home, and I was really excited about that. Are there any from the X-Men who could potentially make an appearance onscreen?

Poor Kurt in that image lol.

If we get Kurt in the MCU I would certainly hope they include his religion and it was good to see it at least touched on in X2.

The U-Men sounds interesting too, just going to be hard to fit all this potential stuff in. There really is an amazing film that they could make with all this material.
I hope they don't shy away from his Catholic roots. One of the most interesting dynamics of the character is the fact that he is a devout catholic but he looks like a demon and is the son Azazel. It creates a very interesting, sort of Irony around the character that tells people it doesn't matter what you look like in Christ's eyes and it shouldn't be lost in the MCU. Plus Kurt's morals and reluctance to fight comes from his faith and the Bible's teachings. It needs to be in there, it's vital.

I will definitely check it out. These sorts of things interest me a lot. Are there any Muslim superheroes in Marvel? I heard a rumor that there would be a Muslim girl in Spiderman Far From Home, and I was really excited about that. Are there any from the X-Men who could potentially make an appearance onscreen?
Kamala Khan is gaining a lot of notoriety. Feige has even said there are plans for her in the MCU
Kamala_Khan.jpg

For the X-Men, the Muslim hero that immediately comes to mind for me is Dust - from Morrison's X-Men run. She would definitely bring a more unique power-set to the MCU/X-Men which is what Marvel will probably want to differentiate themselves from the Singerverse144172-132073-dust.jpg

There's a character called Dust.

Dust (comics) - Wikipedia

I hope they don't shy away from his Catholic roots. One of the most interesting dynamics of the character is the fact that he is a devout catholic but he looks like a demon and is the son Azazel. It creates a very interesting, sort of Irony around the character that shouldn't be lost in the MCU. Plus Kurt's morals and reluctance to fight comes from his faith and the Bible's teachings. It needs to be in there, it's vital.

Kamala Khan is gaining a lot of notoriety. Feige has even said there are plans for her in the MCU
View attachment 13693

For the X-Men, the Muslim hero that immediately comes to mind for me is Dust - from Morrison's X-Men run. She would definitely bring a more unique power-set to the MCU/X-Men which is what Marvel will probably want to differentiate themselves from the SingerverseView attachment 13695
Dust is someone we might see 4 or 5 films down the line, wouldn't expect her in the first 3 films. She definitely has a unique power. But Kamala I bet they're working on right now and expecting her to be big ( ;) ) when she launches.

Oh yeah, I had heard about Kamala Khan - and Dust looks awesome! I would love either or both of those characters. Diversity is what I'm gonna be looking for in this new X-Men, and I hope to see a broad range of cool characters. Dust could actually be very fun onscreen, with those powers. We haven't seen anything like that before. But I think @Iceman you're right, she would probably be a few films down the line.
Give me something with Kamala now!

Dust is someone we might see 4 or 5 films down the line, wouldn't expect her in the first 3 films. She definitely has a unique power. But Kamala I bet they're working on right now and expecting her to be big ( ;) ) when she launches.
Well, that really depends on what direction Marvel takes. Like if they decided to go a more Homecoming-esque route with the X-Men in terms of wanting to do something completely different and distanced as much as possible from the Singer films, we may see a lot of mutants on the first roster that we've never seen before in a movie. If they go a more traditional route then you're probably right. But who knows, they may want something radically different like they did in Homecoming. The only characters imo that are guaranteed a spot on the roster are Cyclops, Jean and Storm.

I will definitely check it out. These sorts of things interest me a lot. Are there any Muslim superheroes in Marvel?
She's not a mutant (then again, neither is Kamala, even though it's likely that she'll be one in the movies) but there's also Faiza Hussain, a muslim heroine with a very... peculiar power.

891290-757061_capbmi002_int_4.jpg

Not a very... PG-13 character. :hehe: She's the current wielder of Excalibur... yep, that Excalibur.

we may see a lot of mutants on the first roster that we've never seen before in a movie.

I think Feige will do it, he'll totally surprise us with a cast of new and incredible characters (along with Scott, Jean, Ororo, etc). I just, I've got such a great vision of this team in my head, and it looks so good.

Wow, @Abudefduf , that is...unique...wow. :wow:

Oh yeah, I had heard about Kamala Khan - and Dust looks awesome! I would love either or both of those characters. Diversity is what I'm gonna be looking for in this new X-Men, and I hope to see a broad range of cool characters. Dust could actually be very fun onscreen, with those powers. We haven't seen anything like that before. But I think @Iceman you're right, she would probably be a few films down the line.
Give me something with Kamala now!
I mean Dust could appear as a cameo with that exotic ability, especially to show the rise of mutants in everyday life around the globe, but I don't expect her to have a role beyond that until all the regular crew have had a shot.

I think Feige has huge plans for Kamala! She is a big fan of Cap Marvel in the books too.

I think Feige will do it, he'll totally surprise us with a cast of new and incredible characters (along with Scott, Jean, Ororo, etc). I just, I've got such a great vision of this team in my head, and it looks so good.

Wow, @Abudefduf , that is...unique...wow. :wow:
I think there is a good chance of that happening. If Homecoming is any indication.

Well, that really depends on what direction Marvel takes. Like if they decided to go a more Homecoming-esque route with the X-Men in terms of wanting to do something completely different and distanced as much as possible from the Singer films, we may see a lot of mutants on the first roster that we've never seen before in a movie. If they go a more traditional route then you're probably right. But who knows, they may want something radically different like they did in Homecoming. The only characters imo that are guaranteed a spot on the roster are Cyclops, Jean and Storm.
Doing the main X-Men properly (outside of Wolverine) will already be a massive departure from the Singer films. :funny:

There's no harm in having that external diversity from the off for mutants that exist in the universe, either independently in other countries (who Xavier might be able to see using Cerebro), or as students at the school.

But I expect the core X-Men to get their shots in the first 3 team X-films (which could easily include diversity anyway) and after that anything goes.

Doing the main X-Men properly (outside of Wolverine) will already be a massive departure from the Singer films. :funny:

There's no harm in having that external diversity from the off for mutants that exist in the universe, either independently in other countries (who Xavier might be able to see using Cerebro), or as students at the school.

But I expect the core X-Men to get their shots in the first 3 team X-films (which could easily include diversity anyway) and after that anything goes.
Right, but you could have easily said the same thing about Mary Jane since the Kirsten Dunst version was very far-removed from the comics yet Marvel still opted to give us a new character that merely echoes Mary. And nobody from the old films outside of Flash and May were used in HC or FFH. (And even then, the Tomei and HC version of May and Flash were radically different from the comics) All new characters. That's why I say Scott, Jean and Ororo since they are the core trifecta of the X-Men. Somebody here said something a few months ago about this topic - I think it was DA champion but he made a similar point about Feige/Marvel going the Homecoming route and that they don't need the more known members from the comics to make the X-Men a household name again.
HT-Spider-Man-ml-170620_12x5_992.jpg

Just playing devil's advocate. It's certainly a possibility that we all should keep in mind in case it happens.

Kurt can be used to highlight religious folk in a good light. A counterbalance to people like Stryker and Grayden Creed.

I'm an atheist, but I admire Jesus's teachings about compassion, empathy, forgiveness, equality. Those are values directly linked with the fight for civil rights. Kurt should be a reminder of what christianism is really about.

I'm an atheist, but I admire Jesus's teachings about compassion, empathy, forgiveness, equality. Those are values directly linked with the fight for civil rights. Kurt should be a reminder of what christianism is really about.

True. It could be very inspirational. It ties into the message of diversity so well.

I've never watched Daredevil. But I really would love to see some religion in Marvel; it's controversial, I know, but it could be kind of interesting. I'd be here for it. As a devout Roman Catholic myself, I've never had a problem with exploring my religion's pros and cons. Also, if any LGBT characters are involved in the storyline, then religion could feature there too (or that might be way too controversial). I just think we've done the generic storyline of nationalism and xenophobia, and it's time for a new angle.

It does feel kind of weird that for many of the Fox films LGB discrimination and acceptance/rights was a prominent subtext or even allegory and yet with having that start they never went further to direct text or representation.

It does feel kind of weird that for many of the Fox films LGB discrimination and acceptance/rights was a prominent subtext or even allegory and yet with having that start they never went further to direct text or representation.

Weird, and frustrating, but it was kind of inevitable that nothing would actually be done with any of the LGBT characters. Even now, Marvel's only gay character is Valkyrie, and that was only admitted after the fact. Now's the time to change.

Honestly, that could be great social commentary on America of today concerning Trumpian rhetoric and how some people, fueled by hate, use the Bible to attack people/groups they don't like. Distorting the word of God to spread bigotry, hate and intolerance i.e Westboro Baptist Church. While Kurt is a symbol of true Christianity. How there are good Christians out there fighting for equality and love, for all people. A movie with Stryker or the Church of Humanity should have Kurt in there as a thematical counterbalance to the arguments the Anti-mutant prophets raise against mutants. Could be a very emotional, powerful film if Marvel truly went to that place.

Honestly, that could be great social commentary on America of today concerning Trumpian rhetoric and how some people, fueled by hate, use the Bible to attack people/groups they don't like. Distorting the word of God to spread bigotry i.e Westboro Baptist Church. While Kurt is a symbol of true Christianity. How there are good Christians out there fighting for equality and love, for all people. A movie with Stryker or the Church of Humanity should have Kurt in there as a thematical counterbalance to the arguments the Anti-mutant prophets raise against mutants. Could be a very emotional, powerful film if Marvel truly went to that place.

Yes. This is like everything I want to see from X-Men summed up perfectly.

So the MCU X-Men won't have a Stan Lee cameo =(

Just think of a scene if Kurt was recruited into the X-Men before Rogue (who's apart of Mystique's BOH) and they have a powerful scene like in TAS where he explains his faith, the teachings of Christ, how it can make mutant/human relations better and from the conversation is what persuades Rogue to join the X-Men. It'll also make for a good setup for them as siblings. I hate the fact that Kurt is Dark Phoenix and not Rogue! And from the looks of it their will be no Kurt/Mystique mother/son plot. I hope Marvel just gives the family stories a mini story line somewhere down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Blacktopolis24
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"