• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few of Xavier's students in the Spiderman Homecoming style casting

1239e6b78d451e4f0fa0fba69f6eb187.jpg

Cyclops

Sophia-Lillis.jpg

Jean Grey

Laura-Kariuki.png

Storm

Peyton.png

Angel

Noah-Schnapp.jpg

Iceman

20742122.jpg

Psylocke

Wolverine being the only key X-man to get his own project once again?
2hgx.gif

If we're talking about a 15 year old plan, I'd definitely give Storm a solo movie, a Rogue solo show, a Gambit solo show, a team up Rogue & Gambit, a Dazzler musical, a X-Factor Investigation show and as many D+ project as we can.

Guys guys guys I got an idea.
We have among us the lingering question of 'Should the MCU try the Dark Phoenix Saga again?"

My basic plan was to just focus on the Phoenix Saga over two films, with the space adventure and battling the Shi'Ar, and incorporate the best parts of the Dark Phoenix story into it.

But suppose there's a way to make it more interesting. We're in a post-Multiverse era now. Suppose we take a page from 'No Way Home' and turn the repeated failures of the FoX-Men movies around. Suppose that a glimpse into the Multiverse allows the MCU X-team to see what happened to Jean both times she became Phoenix, where she went on a power-mad rampage, killed lots of people including her teammates, and then died. Now the stakes are raised, and the current team must find a way to prevent that outcome so that maybe, just maybe, Jean and the Phoenix entity get to part ways peacefully and everyone gets to go home. Thoughts?

View attachment 58155

My vision of the franchise-- Top bar are films, and bottom are D+ shows
This shouldn't happen. Looks all over the place.

Having a drastically different team per film...might as well start with 10 X-Men in Marvel Studios' X-Men and build from there.
Wolverine being the only key X-man to get his own project once again?
This shouldn't happen.

It’s interesting, I was reading this book “fighting for our lives” which is about the community response to the AIDS crisis and everyone looking back expects everyone to act perfectly but really they’re just a bunch of imperfect people doing their best and constantly making mistakes because people are imperfect. That’s what I want to see with the x-men. A group of people with diverse ways of handling things who are forced to work together for a civil rights cause
The experience of being a mutant speaks directly to the experience of being queer (and other minorities). But I expect this kind of conversation in the shows, not the movies. And it's still Disney, so...

Guys guys guys I got an idea.
We have among us the lingering question of 'Should the MCU try the Dark Phoenix Saga again?"

My basic plan was to just focus on the Phoenix Saga over two films, with the space adventure and battling the Shi'Ar, and incorporate the best parts of the Dark Phoenix story into it.

But suppose there's a way to make it more interesting. We're in a post-Multiverse era now. Suppose we take a page from 'No Way Home' and turn the repeated failures of the FoX-Men movies around. Suppose that a glimpse into the Multiverse allows the MCU X-team to see what happened to Jean both times she became Phoenix, where she went on a power-mad rampage, killed lots of people including her teammates, and then died. Now the stakes are raised, and the current team must find a way to prevent that outcome so that maybe, just maybe, Jean and the Phoenix entity get to part ways peacefully and everyone gets to go home. Thoughts?
The last thing I want to see in the MCU are footage from Simon Kinberg-written (X3) and Simon Kinberg-directed (Dark Phoenix) scenes. Sorry but hard pass.

Edit: That dude has had his hands all over this franchise for far too long (I personally don't get how one "fails upward" writing X-Men The Last Stand to being handed keys to the franchise), and it's inevitable that any footage shown from the OT, the Prequel films, the Wolverine trilogy, the Deadpool films or the one-off New Mutants will have his mark but the less we see from those 2 previous Dark Phoenix films in particular (movies that sucked royally) the better.

As a fan of that movie franchise since even before Corona's Coming Attractions first reported on the goings-on of the pre production in the late '90s, I wish people would move on. There really is more to the X-Men than nostalgia. But obviously that's not up to me.

Last edited:
The experience of being a mutant speaks directly to the experience of being queer (and other minorities). But I expect this kind of conversation in the shows, not the movies. And it's still Disney, so...

And its not even Disney being the issue. Feige and Marvel deserve a lot of the flack they get over queer representation. In theory, Ms. Marvel had a gay supporting character. Let me just say, I don't have much faith in how they they are handling her story.

Oh well I just keep hoping. If you don’t have hope nothing ever changes

Again, you were the one that listed 18-22 Havok / 25-35 Cyclops, which meant you were okay with idea of a 18 year old Havok and a 35 year old Cyclops. Which is a bit eXtreme if you have read the comics.

In comics, Iceman and Havok are about 2 years less than Cyclops. I agree with casting a 30 years old actor for Cyclops. Feige expressed his fed-up with origin stories, maybe F4 and X-men will be already actives and skilled when introduced in MCU.
They must be around 30 years old

I want Patrick Stewart being the original Xavier in 616 and then transfer his mind into another body and Bryan Cranston plays the usual Xavier in MCU 616

Lol at Benjamin Button.
In my case they used to tell me I was younger when I was a teen or young adult.

About the age topic of the Summers bros.... Id preffer Havok to be younger this time around. But yeah, you made the right point, it doesnt matter the actual ages, as long as they look close enough, specially taking into account their comics origin with the plane crash and all. Ideally a 4-5 years gap would be perfect, but Im fine with a big more flexibility. 5-6 years would be fine to me too. As long as we see that iconic flashback scene with actual kids, Scott would finally have a great origin story on the big screen (unlike whatever SK did on XM Apocalypse)
Yep, no reason to not have Havok younger this time and have actors who look like they have that age difference (regardless of their real ages). I would love to see Havok in charge of X-Factor looking to Scott for advice on leadership, and then for larger events for Havok and Polaris to be in the main X-Men films helping out.

Interesting that he was teased in a Hulk related property.

plano-critico-hulk-180-e-181-marvel-comics-wolverine-quadrinhos.jpg

I didn't like the idea of Taron a few years ago but he's matured since then and the pick has grown on me. I think he could sell it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back