• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Marvel Films MCU X-Men - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd "uglify" him a bit (thicker eyebrows, maybe a prosthetic nose), but Egerton's the ticket for me.

dee8fcc09d13da80567b2ed67b2c9227892fdc9c.gifv

Yeah he's a bit too pretty for my taste
They could ugly him up a bit... but would they? I couldn't imagine him spending a decade in prosthetics

If we're talking about a 15 year old plan, I'd definitely give Storm a solo movie, a Rogue solo show, a Gambit solo show, a team up Rogue & Gambit, a Dazzler musical, a X-Factor Investigation show and as many D+ project as we can.
Big yes to all of those! I think Rogue could be really fun like She-Hulk although facing much more serious issues. A Dazzler musical seems like something that could explode in popularity if done right.

They could ugly him up a bit... but would they? I couldn't imagine him spending a decade in prosthetics
Some false eyebrows and a nose prosthetic wouldn't be too much time or hassle. Ian McKellen did it with Gandalf.

I'd "uglify" him a bit (thicker eyebrows, maybe a prosthetic nose), but Egerton's the ticket for me.

dee8fcc09d13da80567b2ed67b2c9227892fdc9c.gifv
I'd take Egerton right now if he wanted the part. The thick beard/sideburns would make him look more the part, plus I imagine Wolverine is going to be around the MCU for a very long time, (maybe a couple of decades or more) so he would look more and more rough as time went on.

Just saying. Makeup artists know what to do. It really boils down to whether or not Feige wants Wolverine to be rougher looking.

Egerton is great in Blackbird. I'd be thrilled if he nabbed it.

Screen-Shot-2019-04-09-at-1.48.18-PM.png

I wouldn't even say the actor (especially if they go younger with the cast) would have to be uglied up, but, probably aged up a bite (at least for their first couple/few appearances) if were talking about them being in the role for a decade, eventually they'll start aging into the role on their own, and then you wouldn't need the prosthetics, anymore
(gained there's no way of knowing actually how someone is going to age/look in 10 years down the line, so, there might be a slight disconnect)

for a character like Wolverine whose not really suppose to age at all, by making a youngish actor look older now, it'll help match they future look for they aging to not be as noticeable

It worked out with Hemsworth, no makeup needed

He looks pretty much the same as he always did except for the bleached eyebrows lol

Hiddleston on the other hand, looks noticeably more... matured than in his first appearance

That said, I've also never seen Edgerton in anything, so I can't speak to his acting ability

noel-flores-new-wolverine.jpg

I really like this one. I think they should go for longer hair in the beginning, to differentiate from Jackman. Something like this
Rob+Zombie.jpg

He should look scruffy, and unkempt, like he doesn't give a damn about his appearance, outside the occasional grooming, and shower.

Not until he joins the X-Men that we see the gradual transformation into something more familiar. But IMO it should start from a very different place

It worked out with Hemsworth, no makeup needed

He looks pretty much the same as he always did except for the bleached eyebrows lol

Hiddleston on the other hand, looks noticeably more... matured than in his first appearance

That said, I've also never seen Edgerton in anything, so I can't speak to his acting ability
I wouldn't say that... looking back at Thor (2011) now, he did look a lot younger, then (he's aged into the role, for the better imho) the beard helped, and maybe just a simple set of mutton chops could do the same for Wolverine (or any other facial hair style they go with) but, the character was never traditionally (despite his anti-aging) a pretty-boy... he does need a little unconventional ruggedness to him

which this new young generation of actors just don't real have

Egerton is a great actor and I'd be happy with him as Logan, but my personal favorite remains Jack O'Connell.

If you're not sold on his intensity, check out either Starred Up or '71.

Scary stuff...

actor-jack-o-connell-267047_large.jpg

I was watching the show Warrior earlier and I think Joe Taslim would be an excellent Wolverine. He has a great ferociousness in his fight scenes throughout different movies and would bring a level of intensity and fighting skills that would make the MCU Wolvie really differentiate from the Fox films.

I have some hope Wolverine will be announced at D23 as one of the 2025 movies.

View attachment 58263

I really like this one. I think they should go for longer hair in the beginning, to differentiate from Jackman. Something like this
View attachment 58266

He should look scruffy, and unkempt, like he doesn't give a damn about his appearance, outside the occasional grooming, and shower.

Not until he joins the X-Men that we see the gradual transformation into something more familiar. But IMO it should start from a very different place
I have no problem with this. :)

I just want him to be greasy and gross. No more heathcliff wolverines

if Feige and execs had the balls to search and choose an actor that actually gives those vibes, it would be f**** awesome. But Im afraid no studio has the balls to go for it for real

Marvel loves their pretty, funny and charming boys that can conquer the audience on all the press tours and late night shows. I get it, but its sad. They could easily get an amazing actor that becomes Wolverine almost straight from the comics if wanted.

I mean, the X-Men already have hoooot characters like Cyclops, Gambit, Angel and co. Its not like Marvel needs to change Wolverine's vibe to have an appealing cast. Storm, Jean, Cyclops, Rogue, Gambit, Angel, Psylocke and co. arent enough for them to sell the property or what? :dry:

It really sucks that Tom Hardy and Jon Bernthal are already snatched up in roles because they both could give us Logan.

Hope MCU Wolverine’s costume takes cues from the Marvel Strike Force game:
3C433924-AC55-4AB8-B10A-A9A6FCDB815B.jpeg

I think mcu wolverine will get the brown suit. He's rocking it again in the comics currently.

And I get what's being about marvel finding a guy who really looks the role, but the hard about that is, where is one. Find one talented and young eough (more than likely) to fill the role. A leading role. Not ever actor is a leading man. So I can see some sacrifices can be made on that part. But as others said, vfx make up teams can absolutely bring him to life, look at Colin Farrell in The Batman, he's unrecognizable and if you didn't know it was him you wouldn't think it was mask.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"