Transformers Megatron's head undergoing a redesign?

I can't really see it myself. Assuming the CGI is upto scratch and the camerashake doesn't kill us first, then I think it'll be packed with some really cool scenes, and I'm just as anxious to hear the characters speak as I am to see them punch stuff.

how does one prove which film is better than the other? prove to me it can be done and I'll prove BB was better than SR

cryptic name said:
begins was definitely better, but SR was not crappily made. it was quite a technical achievement. certainly better edited than BB.

I wholeheartedly agree. I think SR may have been a bit too "mature" for some people. And while I liked Batman Begins a lot too... it was certainly not the definitive Batman movie I had been waiting for. No detective angle, no real "mystery" where you see Batman piece things together.... and what's funniest of all is that it had the same old "doomesday" poison-the-water story as Tim Burton's Batman 89 movie. :whatever:

And even Nolan couldn't resist the eye-roll-inducing "I gotta get me one of those" line, which was as idiotic as Schumacher's "It's the car... chics love the car." Batman Begins IMO was good... but SR- as underwhelming (in the end) as it may have been- was light years ahead.

My fear is that TR won't be as good as EITHER of those movies. But, will be "X3 good" instead... if not worse.

P.S. I saw SR twice. Second time in IMAX 3D. And I have NO IDEA whatsoever how someone could say that it was "crappily made."

i think we can stop this endless debate for now...lol

ugh.... two(?) more months for a trailer:(

ragdus said:
how does one prove which film is better than the other? prove to me it can be done and I'll prove BB was better than SR

To me at least that's like asking if Van Gogh is better than Monet. Everything is relative I guess. And it depends on what you mean by "better." Is Armageddon better than say John Carpenter's "They Live" because Armageddon was glossier and had a humongoid budget? I dunno.

BB was better than SR IMHO mainly because of the superb acting talent (Bale, Freeman, Oldman, Caine) and Nolan's superb direction. I think where it failed is that it was not the visually stunning masterpiece that Batman 89 was to many of us back in 1989. I can honestly say that Batman 89 was the first and I think the last movie I ever saw where people cheered (in a huge way) and practically gave standing-O and everyone streamed out of the theater wide-eyed (I'm sure it happened in Star Wars... but I was too young to have seen it in the theater).

Sure, Batman Begins was good... but it wasn't stunning. So in that sense... I think it failed (and believe it or not... it did fail money-wise when compared to Batman 89). On the other hand Singer did manage to create a visual masterpiece IMHO. The guy created a piece of art with a very meaningful subtext. Now whether you like that art- personally- is another question.

xwolverine2 said:
heres hoping its as early as thanksgiving..... thats what i could be thankful for:csad:

30+ more days:csad: .......at the very minimum:csad:

When is Thanksgiving? I don't know much about American holidays.

Nov 23

It's always celebrated on the 4th Thursday in November, so it's not always on the 23rd

xwolverine2 said:
superman returns was crappily made:(

LMAO! Judging from your choice in movies, I'd say that's a good thing.

Megatron's head undergoing a redesign?

What about the rest of him?

"...Pays to go with the union card everytime." -- Ziggy

CFlash said:
Sure, Batman Begins was good... but it wasn't stunning. So in that sense... I think it failed (and believe it or not... it did fail money-wise when compared to Batman 89). On the other hand Singer did manage to create a visual masterpiece IMHO. The guy created a piece of art with a very meaningful subtext. Now whether you like that art- personally- is another question.

To me BB would have been better if they gotten rid of the improbable ending. The poision water plot would require me to believe that no one in Gotham boiled water or took a shower if they were putting this stuff in the mains for weeks. Also if anyone who owns a microwave oven knows microwaves dont pass thru metal....the water mains were shown as being metal.

CFlash said:
To me at least that's like asking if Van Gogh is better than Monet. Everything is relative I guess. And it depends on what you mean by "better." Is Armageddon better than say John Carpenter's "They Live" because Armageddon was glossier and had a humongoid budget? I dunno.

BB was better than SR IMHO mainly because of the superb acting talent (Bale, Freeman, Oldman, Caine) and Nolan's superb direction. I think where it failed is that it was not the visually stunning masterpiece that Batman 89 was to many of us back in 1989. I can honestly say that Batman 89 was the first and I think the last movie I ever saw where people cheered (in a huge way) and practically gave standing-O and everyone streamed out of the theater wide-eyed (I'm sure it happened in Star Wars... but I was too young to have seen it in the theater).

I agree to a certain point that the cinematograpy in Batman Begins was..okay.

However, the same cinematographer was used for The Prestiage, and you can tell he has improved. Hopefully, he'll only get better for Dark Knight.

CFlash said:
I wholeheartedly agree. I think SR may have been a bit too "mature" for some people. And while I liked Batman Begins a lot too... it was certainly not the definitive Batman movie I had been waiting for. No detective angle, no real "mystery" where you see Batman piece things together.... and what's funniest of all is that it had the same old "doomesday" poison-the-water story as Tim Burton's Batman 89 movie. :whatever:

And even Nolan couldn't resist the eye-roll-inducing "I gotta get me one of those" line, which was as idiotic as Schumacher's "It's the car... chics love the car." Batman Begins IMO was good... but SR- as underwhelming (in the end) as it may have been- was light years ahead.

My fear is that TR won't be as good as EITHER of those movies. But, will be "X3 good" instead... if not worse.

P.S. I saw SR twice. Second time in IMAX 3D. And I have NO IDEA whatsoever how someone could say that it was "crappily made."

I agree with you, TR may pretty much be like X3 in a sense of action. My only thing is that i dont want TR to seem like another one of those "earth has been invaded" type of disaster movies. IMHO, I saw SR and I was pretty impressed at the visuals, Im jus getting a little tired of Lex Luthor, but I'm pretty sure they'll have a new villain for the sequel.

SR was ok and BB was definitely better! It has been the best Batman movie made so far. As far as BB not having the detective angle side of Batman...I say give it a chance and wait for the sequel. It was the origin and I'm sure the sequel will show more of his detective type side. Transformers will be a great movie!

CRASHNBURN12198 said:
SR was ok and BB was definitely better! It has been the best Batman movie made so far. As far as BB not having the detective angle side of Batman...I say give it a chance and wait for the sequel. It was the origin and I'm sure the sequel will show more of his detective type side. Transformers will be a great movie!

Actually I liked Batman better

roach said:
Actually I liked Batman better

Batman 89's somewhat lame (in the end) story notwithstanding, Batman 89 was all sorts great (plus, BB IMO didn't fare much better in the story dept). B89 oozed "Batman." From the first scene where you see him come down in the *background* almost off-camera... I get chills everytime I see it. That's filmmaking!

Both are good in their own way..... but for some reason to me Batman Begins was missing the 30's creepy horror and classic Detective Noir vibe that is in so many of the Batman comics... and Tim Burton captured excellently (IMHO).

But, to me, the best Batman movie EVER is Sin City (CGI and gore aside).... I keep substituting the Dark Detective in it every time I see it. :woot:

They don't teach Reading Comprehension in school's anymore huh Tad?

Both are good in their own way. Batman 89 IMO is better. Sin City is best (said in jest BTW). Looks like you need to watch some Sesame Street episodes or something.

also what pissed me off about BB was that they went thru all this time to develop a fighting style for Batman and you really cant see it. Im not asking for Batman to jump into a karate pose but i'd like to see him whoop ass. The camera was too close at times which made the action too difficult to make out

Yeah, but i think that was his style. It was all about mis-direction and quick moves. Nolan was trying to keep his "moves" blurred so they would be more mysterious. Like at the shipping crate scene you just see Batman in the middle of all those punks and a lot of movement and then next thing you know Batman is just standing there with bodies around him.

I think it made him more than human - which is what he was trying to portray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"