Metal Monstrosities - The Official Sentinels/Project Wideawake thread

Mister Sinister

Picture of Paul McCartney
Reaction score
Looking forward to seeing Sentinels, they can provide some great visuals which is just what the X-Men series has been crying out for.

Discuss Sentinels/Bolivar Trask and just about everything associated in here.

so, do we think bill duke's gonna be trask or a president advisor, or possibly both?

I don't see enough proof to conclude that the Sentinels are even in the movie..

-TNC

me neither, it would be nice if at least a sneakpeak of them were in x3

I'm still going with Dr. Lang. Duke looks like he can pull of the slightly mad "mutants are the end of humanity so we must kill them to save ourselves at any cost" type.

Trask has too much of a story, and if they want action right away, go right into project apocalypse rather than wideawake.

I really believe this is going to be the last film for a while so they are going all out with this movie. After X3 they are going to concentrate on spin offs so we might have to wait 10 years at least before we see a whole different take on X-men. In my opinion I like the fact they are doing this because the last thing we need is for people to get tired of X-men like other franchises. That said I do believe Sentinels will be in, if anyone saw the post the person made, they also mentioned that its a new design too. So how do you all think they are going to make them? Human size? or Giant Robots?

Xfanfan

Xfanfan said:
So how do you all think they are going to make them? Human size? or Giant Robots?

I really hope they're human size. Idealistically, I'd want them to be Prime Sentinels. I think that was a cool idea that wasn't really used to its full benefit in the comics, but done right in the film, it adds a real threat. Mutants are not safe anywhere. Any human could be a Sentinel. To me, that scarier that a 25 ft robot, because those you can see coming. But would you expect your brother to be a Sentinel? Your next door neighbor? It also provdes good social commentary. Many bigots hide their opinions in the shadows.

afmvdp said:
I'm still going with Dr. Lang. Duke looks like he can pull of the slightly mad "mutants are the end of humanity so we must kill them to save ourselves at any cost" type.

Trask has too much of a story, and if they want action right away, go right into project apocalypse rather than wideawake.

I've been dropping Lang's name before. He's much more militant and perverse and would therefore make a better villain for X3 I think.
Bolivar Trask has the whole 'my son is a mutant' complication which we saw in X2 and would not like to see repeated. Not that it can't be changed for the movies, but there isn't a need when we have another Sentinel builder in Lang.

Bill Duke for Stephen Lang in X3!
:D

considering how things are working, the only way they could do the giant robots is majority or full CGI which I really would prefer not to see. (and has been a staple of the X-series to keep away from using too much)

So I think if they exist they'll be slightly larger than/ or actual human sized. Think closer to the Terminator cyborgs or recent Star wars drones. Maybe I could see them doing one giant one or maybe a fan hint towards Master Mold, but other than that I think it's more likely we'll be getting the smaller 2nd generation Sentinels.

Now the Prime bots would be an entirely different twist, but I think it would come off as a bit too much of a T-1000 type ripoff, and the 3rd generation sentinel clones of the X-men which were the first primes would be WAY too much to introduce in this already packed flick.

I hope Bill duke is not just a re hash os Brian Cox's Stryker.

Hopefuly he is not the main villain, make the main baddies the brotherhood.

Endeavor said:
I've been dropping Lang's name before. He's much more militant and perverse and would therefore make a better villain for X3 I think.
Bolivar Trask has the whole 'my son is a mutant' complication which we saw in X2 and would not like to see repeated. Not that it can't be changed for the movies, but there isn't a need when we have another Sentinel builder in Lang.

Bill Duke for Stephen Lang in X3!

Yeah, that was my point. X2 already had alot of the Trask symbolism and characterization. X3 in a new government world where the government is trying to maintain peace with mutants and even use them in agencies where their powers would be beneficial (leech, cypher, beast, etc) a government member with a Dr. Strangelove mentality where he sees the forthcoming end of humanity by allowing mutants to prosper and live. So he takes on the sentinels project apocalypse in order to destroy them.

I just thought of something.

The question of Bolivar Trask being in the scripts has been asked before and everytime the answer has been 'No'.
Well what if they were planning this all along and they kept saying no because it was actually Stephen Lang? I mean, most people know to associate the Sentinels with Trask because he was the first, so if they wanted to keep it secret they would not say Trask is involved. But they could have gone with any of the other guys that were in charge of the Sentinel making projects... and Lang makes the most sense because of his connection to the Phoenix Saga!

glad I'm not the only one who made this connection. Like I said Issues #98-102 on uncanny arc starts with the lang sentinels, then goes into the phoenix rising, then into the return of the brotherhood and then juggernaut, and then the return of Angel as a main character. I mean, how can that be ignored? Especially if they were planning the Dark Phoenix, I'm QUITE certain that Ratner would of been reading that arc and all the characters lining up make sense. Even Moira was in the #96-99 books and that came out of no where.

Sentinels are comfirmed??????? *is confused*

looks like we got another addition to the get your hopes up file.

I suggest this be moved to "Non Spoilers" or "sequels"......

Oh boy. I'm having a geekasm. For the first time in years I actually accept the even minute possibility we might see Sentinels in an X-Men movie!

EnSabahNur said:
Sentinels are comfirmed??????? *is confused*

looks like we got another addition to the get your hopes up file.

I suggest this be moved to "Non Spoilers" or "sequels"......

Why should this be moved? There are many threads in this forum that deal with things that have no sort of confirmation of being in X3, yet here they are.

yeah its very interesting, so many things could be happening

Like I said, there's not QUITE enough to go on to jump to the conclusion that the Sentinels will be at all in the film (physically)...This is like X2 all over again when I think about it and even back then there were ALOT more clues and possibilities of them being added...

-TNC

Xfanfan said:
I really believe this is going to be the last film for a while so they are going all out with this movie. After X3 they are going to concentrate on spin offs so we might have to wait 10 years at least before we see a whole different take on X-men. In my opinion I like the fact they are doing this because the last thing we need is for people to get tired of X-men like other franchises. That said I do believe Sentinels will be in, if anyone saw the post the person made, they also mentioned that its a new design too. So how do you all think they are going to make them? Human size? or Giant Robots?

Xfanfan

This is Hollywood we're talking about. if x3 makes a ton of money it won't be the last one. Maybe for the actors, but Fox will move on.

Endeavor said:
I just thought of something.

The question of Bolivar Trask being in the scripts has been asked before and everytime the answer has been 'No'.
Well what if they were planning this all along and they kept saying no because it was actually Stephen Lang? I mean, most people know to associate the Sentinels with Trask because he was the first, so if they wanted to keep it secret they would not say Trask is involved. But they could have gone with any of the other guys that were in charge of the Sentinel making projects... and Lang makes the most sense because of his connection to the Phoenix Saga!

Dude,that arc you pointed out in the comics is one crazy observation.I hope it's not just a coincidence!

I meant this is the last film with this cast, off course they will be another X-men movie. I saw an article saying after X3 they are going to start on Wolverine, then we know about Magneto movie and the one with the young mutants. They might do these before doing another X-men movie, but there is no doubt that there will be another X-men movie, what I was saying is for now we won't see another one. Who knows they might change their mind if X3 really does well and also gets good reviews.

Xfanfan

i actually wouldnt mind seeing stephen or steven lang. i would prefer to see trask. also even though lang isnt asian, i can see them casting an asian in the role.

Bump

I was thinking of changing my name to Project Wideawake if Sentinels are confirmed.

well if bill duke turns out to be called bolivar trask or stephen lang, i think we could pretty much assume that sentinels will be involved in x3.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"