Dark of the Moon Michael Bay has killed Transformers for me

Status
Not open for further replies.

knowsbleed

Avenger
Reaction score
I was a serious Transformers fan from 1984 - 2007. When the first movie came out... I lost almost all interest in the entire franchise. The 2nd movie came out and Optimus Prime was somewhat redeemed... but the bots were still second fiddlers to the humans with no real personalities other than cliche/stereotypical cannon fodder blah blah suck suck crappiness. I can't even form a decent sentence about their characters... they are just that 'meh'.

I'm still a Negatron. I predict an equal amount of suckage for this new movie.

I half-heartedly agree.

The cartoons arent that good either. Transformers Animated has a laughable Optimus Prime and the upcoming Transformers Prime is inspired by Michael Bay's version so meh.

I consider the whole Transformers 2007 movie and everything inspired by it a missed opportunity. There was a chance to make an awesome new serious/cool sci-fi movie franchise that they turned into a laughing stock for gag jokes and toilet humor.

I remember that I didn't have high expectations when I saw that Michael Bay was going to direct the movie. But hey I'm looking forward to TF3, and is also will be Bay's and Labeouf's last TF movie.

Bay is a fantastic visual director with awesome action but he's horible with actually telling a story.

I was a serious Transformers fan from 1984 - 2007. When the first movie came out... I lost almost all interest in the entire franchise. The 2nd movie came out and Optimus Prime was somewhat redeemed... but the bots were still second fiddlers to the humans with no real personalities other than cliche/stereotypical cannon fodder blah blah suck suck crappiness. I can't even form a decent sentence about their characters... they are just that 'meh'.

Look at it this way, TF3 will likely be Bay's last time directing, and I doubt that Dreamworks/Paramount will waste any time getting to work on a reboot. Which I bet we'll get in 2016/2017.

If you hate the movies so much, just ignore them. :yay:
Kinda hard to ignore a Transformers movie when you're a life-long Transformers fan.

Can't wait for the reboot.

Bay is a fantastic visual director with awesome action but he's horible with actually telling a story.
The Transformers are realistic looking but they're rather ugly to look at.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda hard to ignore a Transformers movie when you're a life-long Transformers fan.

Can't wait for the reboot.

I know you have to watch everything to do with TF, but most people's lives don't revolve around TF.

We have more important things to do. Like beating the crap out of whiney fanboys. :woot:

Last edited:

I feel your pain, man.

We got a frat boy's condescending version of Transformers. We need a geek-centric version like the good lord intended.

I don't think God gives a crap about Transformers. I'm pretty sure he's more of a Batman fan. :woot:

Transformers had the pontential to be this generations Star Wars. When i heard Speilburg was involved i thought that the franchise was on the right track to becoming, what made movies like Close Encounters, E.T, Jaws, and Star Wars, timeless........the magic; boy was i wrong!

I blame Speilburg, moreso that Bay, for the movies we've gotten, which are Transformers in name only. Bay didn't want to do TF1. He openly said he thought the premise was silly, and that he hated the cartoon, but Speilblurg twisted his arm and convinced him otherwise. Why Mr.Speilburg make someone do a movie about a franchise they hate? It's obvious they would change just about everything they could about it. And this is what Bay has done. made this Bay-Formers. Speilburg as a veteran of the industry should have known better.

I know you have to watch everything to do with TF, but most people's lives don't revolve around TF.

We have more important things to do. Like beating the crap out of whiney fanboys. :woot:
A studio cheerleader beating people up?

Thanks for the laugh buddy. :awesome:

Transformers had the pontential to be this generations Star Wars. When i heard Speilburg was involved i thought that the franchise was on the right track to becoming, what made movies like Close Encounters, E.T, Jaws, and Star Wars, timeless........the magic; boy was i wrong!

I blame Speilburg, moreso that Bay, for the movies we've gotten, which are Transformers in name only. Bay didn't want to do TF1. He openly said he thought the premise was silly, and that he hated the cartoon, but Speilblurg twisted his arm and convinced him otherwise. Why Mr.Speilburg make someone do a movie about a franchise they hate? It's obvious they would change just about everything they could about it. And this is what Bay has done. made this Bay-Formers. Speilburg as a veteran of the industry should have known better.
I'm confident a loyal version of G1 could've been magical and timeless if they focused on the elements that made TF popular with fans in the first place.

Look at who you're attacking and who you're defending. The rest is self-explanatory.

I not attacking or defending anyone. All I said was that if you don't like something, don't watch it. It was just a suggestion. Do whatever you want. :yay:

I'm confident a loyal version of G1 could've been magical and timeless if they focused on the elements that made TF popular with fans in the first place.

I completely agree with you on that. :yay:

^ I have standards. They're just really low. :woot:

Last edited:
I not attacking or defending anyone. All I said was that if you don't like something, don't watch it. It was just a suggestion. Do whatever you want. :yay:
Calling people who don't like Bayformers "whiners" is an attack. :dry:

^ I'm sorry if you felt I was attacking you guys. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously. :yay:

Last edited:
I love the G1 cartoon... I love Beast Wars and Beast Machines, and I love Bayformers. But it would be nice if there was a live action Transformers movie closer to the cartoons

It would be nice if the material had evolved instead of devolved. The original cartoons were silly, yes, but why make a live action movie seem even moreso silly? To poke fun at something whose appeal you don't truly understand? Well, I guess he knew what the general public wanted... big ****ing robots pounding each other while humans had all the "character development" while making elementary school remarks toward each other.

Coulda, woulda, shoulda, this franchise didn't stand a chance with Bay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"