Michelle Pfeiffer is Janet van Dyne/The Wasp I

I hate to be a shamer, but Michelle; eat something.

Michelle has always had this slim frame... I doubt it has anything to do with her eating habits.

Very cool to have Ms. Pfeiffer involved, and I hope that we get to see her in costume back in the days.

I want to see Pfeiffer's Wasp command the Avengers at some point.

I hope she is revealed sooner rather than later in the film. have her be a true co-star, not a cameo.

I hope she is revealed sooner rather than later in the film. have her be a true co-star, not a cameo.

Nah, she's better left later in the film. We pretty much need to establish Hope as the legit Wasp during the first act of the movie, if not the first and second. Can't introduce JVD too soon, or it will suck all the air out of Hope's role.

It could start with a flashback of the vets in their prime.

These are not the best analogies, but I'm thinking of something along the lines of Lawrence Fishburne's role in Predators or Spock Prime's role in Star Trek 2009, except more significant. Midway through the second act, the heroes find themselves in a strange, unfamiliar place (i.e., the Microverse) and are rescued from danger by JVD (Michelle's first appearance in the film). Who then delivers some exposition, etc. etc., but unlike the other roles I mentioned, JVD actually joins them as a major new character, and proves instrumental in the resolution of the climax.

So JVD and Hank don't reunite until almost the end of the film, which is good, because it leaves the audience walking out of the movie with the right kind of unanswered question (i.e., what happens next?).

No I'm completely on the opposite side. We already had an entire film where she wasn't a physical presence (which in an of itself makes this situation different from those other examples). And fans were already annoyed that, for the purposes of that first film, you basically killed Janet off offscreen decades ago to further her husband's man-pain (one of my biggest gripes with that fil actually).

Dragging out her intro for as long as possible would just be, well lame. We did that already, time to bring her in and let be an actual character and let her interact with the others. Also given that the entire first movie was set-up, dragging out her reunion with Hank purely for the sake of set-up would also be really lame imo.

I don't care about a potential third film at this point, they need to interact in THIS film. Everything cannot just be glorified set-up for hypothetical future movies. MAYBE it'd be different if they hadn't done the first movie the way that they did, but they didn't. So now, enough with the stalling.

No I'm completely on the opposite side. We already had an entire film where she wasn't a physical presence (which in an of itself makes this situation different from those other examples). And fans were already annoyed that, for the purposes of that first film, you basically killed Janet off offscreen decades ago to further her husband's man-pain (one of my biggest gripes with that fil actually).

Dragging out her intro for as long as possible would just be, well lame. We did that already, time to bring her in and let be an actual character and let her interact with the others. Also given that the entire first movie was set-up, dragging out her reunion with Hank purely for the sake of set-up would also be really lame imo.

I don't care about a potential third film at this point, they need to interact in THIS film. Everything cannot just be glorified set-up for hypothetical future movies. MAYBE it'd be different if they hadn't done the first movie the way that they did, but they didn't. So now, enough with the stalling.

Yeah, I want to see her as soon as possible. No more set up. We see enough of those. That's why some heroes only get part of their costumes in episode 13 of Netflix series, and only in the last 10 minutes. Enough of that.

Just heard about this and I'm so glad! I had Michelle in mind in the role after Ant-Man came out.

I was desperately hoping Janet would appear in the trailer but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Maybe trailer #2?

I hope she has the bob

I was desperately hoping Janet would appear in the trailer but I enjoyed it nonetheless. Maybe trailer #2?

I hope she has the bob
She's definitely someone they'll hold back on because they need something to reveal in the later trailers and she has a key role in a plotline or two.

I wonder how Janet will be when she gets out of the microverse? Like, she’s been in there for ages maybe she’s gone nuts? I mean if you’re going to get a great actress like Michelle, make the most of her

I wonder how Janet will be when she gets out of the microverse? Like, she’s been in there for ages maybe she’s gone nuts? I mean if you’re going to get a great actress like Michelle, make the most of her
Going to be quite an adjustment for her. I don't think she will be nuts though, Cap was still getting use to life up to Cap 2. He is still a bit awkward and he was frozen for 70+years. In the Quantum realm we don't know if she is floating in a frozen like state or if it is a place with people around.

She was under so long though. And cap just went to sleep and woke up in the present. Janet was assumably awake the whole time. Imagine the shock she’s going to go through when she finds out she’s missed everything. Even how sex and the city ended etc. that’s a lot to catch up on

She was under so long though. And cap just went to sleep and woke up in the present. Janet was assumably awake the whole time. Imagine the shock she’s going to go through when she finds out she’s missed everything. Even how sex and the city ended etc. that’s a lot to catch up on

Yeah being stuck in a Quantum Realm for over 30 years is probably enough for any one in her position to go crazy

The Quantum Realm is disorientating as space and time work differently in there. are believed to be irrelevant. Scott could barely remember what happened when he was in the Quantum Realm. I think for Janet it will be like coming out of a haze. I don't think Janet was aware of the passage of time passing in the Quantum Realm

I just want to see footage of her as Janet though but more excited to see her in scenes with Douglas/Hank than anything

I just want to see footage of her as Janet though but more excited to see her in scenes with Douglas/Hank than anything
Probably be the stinger in the trailer like Ego was in GOTG2.

Yes her showing up in the last part of the trailer makes the most sense but I really can't wait to see Hope reunited with her mother especially thinking that her mother was dead all these years but come to find out that she isn't. It will make for an emotional reunion that's for sure.

Yeeees! Janet is serving some alexis carrington realness

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"