Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Ming-Na Wen IS Agent Melinda May

I REALLY want to know what happened in the past that affected her this much.

I REALLY want to know what happened in the past that affected her this much.

I'm sure they will address Agent May's past in a future episode; they'd be stupid not to.

Looks like the next episode may have a lot more Melinda May, can't wait :)

Looks like the next episode may have a lot more Melinda May, can't wait :)

The writers need to wise up and focus on Coulson & May instead of the boring side characters.

They should focus on all the characters.

Yes. Yet the two least interesting had most of the focus for the last couple of episodes. It's past time to flesh out the others. We need to know what drives Coulson, why May is so emotionally scarred, where Fitz and Simmons met and where they went to school, etc. All of them need to be crafted into real characters instead of caricatures, which is what some of them are now. The writers have to set about doing that sooner rather than later.

Ok, May's comment to Coulson about "going a few rounds like old times" is very interesting. I think that her and Coulson have "history."

Ok, May's comment to Coulson about "going a few rounds like old times" is very interesting. I think that her and Coulson have "history."

I loved that line and it's what I like about the show so far. They are laying the groundwork for so many things. Just about every line of dialogue can be taken in different ways.

That smirk she used when delivering the line was wonderful. Was May simply talking about sparring or did she and Coulson have a fling in the old days?

I want more May- more action scenes, more background revealed. And an evening gown sequence.

That idea would probably lead to May shooting somebody while wearing her evening gown.

All of May's scenes have been a lot of fun. Besides Coulson himself, she's my favorite character.

Not only is she very talented and kicks butt, but she is quite attractive, I may add :heart:

2065372530.jpg

Today is Ming-Na Wen's birthday...she's 50!

After seeing the latest episode, Ward is one lucky guy.

Someone should cut together May's dialogue with eddy murphy's in mulan

May & Coulson are the only two characters that actually have good on-screen chemistry

Ming-Na Wen has more range than the episodes so far have shown. Anyone who has seen ER or The Batman or Mulan know that. Hopefully Melinda May will show more emotion and range as the show progresses.

I'm sorry guys. I don't see it. I think May is the most annoying character in the show. Cynical, stuck up, and seeming constipated 24/7 is not cool at all. I wish they'd get rid of the character.

Melinda May's surprising affair with Agent Ward has caused such a fuss on other sites that the lack of mention here is a little odd. A lot of fans were shocked and even outraged when it May & Ward's relationship became undeniable. The writers gave Ward and Skye so many obvious "bonding" moments that many assumed that those two would be the first to hook up. Melinda May coming along to derail that runaway train was a welcome development.

ABC's AOS site has a poll asking people to tweet whether they prefer May & Ward together or dislike them. Although it started out lopsidedly against MayWard, the tides have turned and now the responses are decidedly in favor of the pairing. That's a pleasant surprise, with all the venom being aimed at May in particular from some for having an affair with a younger man. I like them together for the shock factor and because I'm looking forward to the fallout on Coulson's stupidly happy little Bus when the MayWard nuke explodes.

tumblr_mwl4awV5fB1qf22o6o5_250.gif
tumblr_mwl4awV5fB1qf22o6o6_250.gif

I think it is a brilliant move by the writers to ship May and Ward together. Now it should get more interesting in the future, provided that the writers have a goal in mind when they pair these two together.

Oh, and Ming-Na Wen is probably the most gorgeous 50-year-old actress in Hollywood. :up:

I'm not really for or against a relationship between them. Though I honestly don't really see it leading anywhere. I see them as co-workers who actually bang one out, in order to relief stress. But a big romantic relationship? Doesn't seem likely in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"