Monarch: Legacy Of Monsters

I mean, I expect a certain level of negativity, because no monsters, and really was a slower, character focused episode. Probably should have expected a certain level of right wing hate as well.

Even not liking the way certain characters are written or the lack of any kaiju appearances I can understand to an extent. It's only when those type of criticisms arise that I violently roll my eyes at, especially regarding Cate's sexuality and LGBT+ "pandering".

Even not liking the way certain characters are written or the lack of any kaiju appearances I can understand to an extent. It's only when those type of criticisms arise that I violently roll my eyes at, especially regarding Cate's sexuality and LGBT+ "pandering".

Gay people don't exist it's all liberal propaganda, dont ya know?

Oops. Hope he's not too cranky when he wakes up.

I re-upped my AppleTV subscription for a month and caught up with this over the weekend. I like it a lot. I'm a little more invested in the 1950s storyline but the 2015 part of it isn't bad either, it's cool to see what was going on during the time between G14 and KOTM.

The one thing I have a hard time buying is Anders Holm turning into John Goodman in 20 years. Not that he's bad in the role or anything but...come on now.

Honestly this episode felt a little all over the place.

Glad to know my home city is now the birthplace of
Mechagodzilla

For a second i thought Kurt was Big Boss in the last scene. Let the circle become complete Apple.

I do like how they are building out the world, and setting up the world of the sequels. I will be shocked if Hiroshi doesn't name drop the Russels in the future. I laughed at them being subtle at first, but then just going full out at the end there.

Nice backstory for May.

It will never not be funny of May and Cate flirting/getting closer right in front of Kentaro's face. And his resigned lok is the perfect meme.

This show has a very odd obsession with characters cheating and for some reason Kentaro continues to get treated like crap by everyone. Not gonna lie, I was fine with these characters in the beginning because I figured there'd would be room for character development, but damn if the writing is making it hard for me to care now. I also just can't stand May in general and hate the love triangle cliche.

It will never not be funny of May and Cate flirting/getting closer right in front of Kentaro's face. And his resigned lok is the perfect meme.
That was hilariously sad. These writers hate Kentaro so much, why is he even in this show when he's just an unnecessary third wheel at this point? Like, I'm not the biggest fan of the guy but damn. :funny:

I don’t think the writers hate kentaro. He’s just a bit naive. I like that the women characters are a bit more nuanced and complicated. I’m sure kentaro will end up ok at the end anyway

I do like how they are building out the world, and setting up the world of the sequels. I will be shocked if Hiroshi doesn't name drop the Russels in the future. I laughed at them being subtle at first, but then just going full out at the end there.

Nice backstory for May.

Yeah that look on his face at the end was perfect, haha. I didn’t expect a sweet queer love story in a Godzilla show but it’s nice to see.

And at long last, the question of who Hiroshi's father is answered:

Neither. None, Someone completely else. HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

Hats off to the writers, I did not see that coming

So Shaw spent some time in the Hollow Earth. Interesting explanation for his age. Wonder how much we are getting in the next episodes is going to tie into GxK.

Not gonna lie, got a few flashback to Godzilla vs Destroyah with all the lighting when the Randa kids and crew entered the reactor. Helped by the moltings.

I love John goodman’s character. In the first episode he runs like super Mario

Yeah I’m going to be sad when it’s all over. Hope we see the cast popping up everywhere

This episode felt very 'CW...ish'

:wow:

Omg that ending.
Keiko :wow:. I knew there had to be more to that death scene! She’s probably my favourite character in all of this so I’m very happy that she survived.

Looking forward to the finale. There’s still a bunch of unanswered questions so I hope they’re able to deliver everything in a satisfying manner.

I just find it hard to believe that a guy like Shaw would willingly stay at that 'retirement' home for all those years without even attempting to escape until the kids came to visit

I just find it hard to believe that a guy like Shaw would willingly stay at that 'retirement' home for all those years without even attempting to escape until the kids came to visit

Yeah, especially considering how easy it was to break out, even when he was a senior citizen. That was just bad writing on the show’s part.

Funny how time dilation didn’t affect anyone in GvK. Plus as far as I can remember in KOTM, the entrance to hollow earth was like a whirlpool in the ocean. But then in this and GvK, it’s literal black holes :funny:. Though I guess even in GvK, Godzilla burned a physical hole to the hollow earth and Kong climbed through it so it wasn’t even consistent in the same movie let alone the same verse. Probably best not to think too much about it :oldrazz:.

Funny how time dilation didn’t affect anyone in GvK. Plus as far as I can remember in KOTM, the entrance to hollow earth was like a whirlpool in the ocean. But then in this and GvK, it’s literal black holes :funny:. Though I guess even in GvK, Godzilla burned a physical hole to the hollow earth and Kong climbed through it so it wasn’t even consistent in the same movie let alone the same verse. Probably best not to think too much about it :oldrazz:.

Yeah, that’s pretty much the best way to go about it, lol. The rules change depending on the show or movie (and like you said, sometimes they change in the SAME movie). They’re just kinda making up the “science” as they go along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"