Gotham Morena Baccarin Cast as Dr. Leslie Thompkins

Problem with morena playing leslie Thompkins Is noone will want to see barbara again.

Morena Is beautiful,as fans of firefly/serenity can tell you,and can act,remember she was nominated for a emmy for homeland,so a win win for everyone.Well except Erin Richards.

Problem with morena playing leslie Thompkins Is noone will want to see barbara again.

Then get rid of Barbara. Problem: solved.

Erin Richards will find other jobs. Preferably playing a character that gets good material.

Dr. Thompkins is already a better character than Barbara and most other female characters. It really sucks they've done such a poor job given how important Barbara is in Gordon's life.

If "Smallville" can have Oliver Queen ending up with a made-for-TV character in Chloe Sullivan as opposed to with Black Canary, then no harm done with having Gordon ending up with Leslie..lol

If "Smallville" can have Oliver Queen ending up with a made-for-TV character in Chloe Sullivan as opposed to with Black Canary, then no harm done with having Gordon ending up with Leslie..lol

The funny thing about that is that Chloe was much more Lana Lang than SV's Lana ever was. From the start, SV's Lana was pretty much just a standard issue love interest and for some reason they made her a cornerstone of the ****ing series. Chloe was the true Lana Lang.

And yet for years, fans harped on her actually being Lois. Go figure.

Smallville could be problematic in a variety of ways and unfortunately alot of the bad romantic tropes have hang around in the Superhero genre since then. That said , overall it was good . And as far as the thread goes, Morena has a simle that just makes a guy melt...

100 times better looking than mouse face Barbara

tumblr_nhr8x5M5fu1qk34klo1_400.gif
tumblr_nhr8x5M5fu1qk34klo2_400.gif

tumblr_nhr8x5M5fu1qk34klo3_400.gif
tumblr_nhr8x5M5fu1qk34klo4_400.gif

I never thought I would say the phrase Leslie Tompkins is hot but....there you have it.

Morena is such a goddess. I had pretty much given up on this show but then... I saw her in a preview and I was like, "Yep, gotta start watching it again."

I say where there's chemistry, make it happen. Like on Arrow with Oliver and Felicity. Or here with Gordon and pretty much anyone except Barbara.

Morena did great as Leslie Thompkins. I hope she interacts and helps raise young Bruce.

I love Leslie and I'm really digging the chemistry between her and Jim. I wish they would have made Essen younger and a detective like Jim instead of his boss. They could have played that angle too.

I finally got caught up on this show last night. Morena looks great and has pretty good chemistry with Ben. But... I don't know, is it just me or do some of the performances in this show just feel off, like the actors didn't have enough time to prepare or something? There were even a few lines that Morena just blurted out that sounded like she was reading them. I've noticed it with Logue and McKensie too. I wonder if they're only getting the scripts a day or so before filming, or if the director is just using the worst takes possible. It's strange.

I love Leslie and I'm really digging the chemistry between her and Jim. I wish they would have made Essen younger and a detective like Jim instead of his boss. They could have played that angle too.
I just assumed that Gordon would eventually have an affair with the boss's daughter whom we haven't met yet. I have no idea how old the actress playing Essen is, but she doesn't seem too young to have a teenage (or even older) daughter right now that could come work for Jim in a few years. Especially if the show features any time jumps between seasons.

Last edited:
anyone else finding she comes off as kind of strange? like socially awkward? wasn't expecting that at all. Usually beautiful women are cast to just play it straight

I figured they were gonna give her some kinda quirk. She's kinda morbid.

Unless there is more than one Barbara in Jim's life, I think she is the perfect et too brute back stabbing lady. She knows Jim too well, and could go fatal attraction on him at any given moment. Now that would make one heck of a sub plot.

Dr. Leslie Thompkins is a nice upgrade over Barbara but I think she's a bit off center for for Jim Gordon. Once the fireworks wear off, there will be some trouble. Work romances can be dangerous.

Bullock's comment that Gordon was a monkey on a race horse ( Barbara ), and easy catch comment on our hero finally getting some action with Lesile I think were excellent.

Leslie slayed tonight. And I don't just say that because she bashed Barbara's head into the floor repeatedly.

Well.... mostly, but still. :o

Baccarin is so gorgeous. Whenever she smiles she makes my heart stop. I hope she becomes a regular next season.

I’m really glad they got her in to become a regular. Was a good boost to the show and I’m definitely becoming a fan of hers. Need to see her earlier stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"