MOS now Summer of 2013 instead of Winter 2012

not principal photography, but post production which is very important.

I think Nolan’s participation and influence is “front loaded.” He was involved with the basic story concept and WB probably wanted him to shape the approach and general “tone” of the movie. But at a certain point, he had to hand off to Snyder. So by the time post-production rolls around, the ship has basically sailed. I can’t see Nolan spending a lot of time with Snyder in the editing room.

Nolan will probably want to start his next venture asap anyway. Lol, What if he went to Marvel and did a noir-friendly superhero trilogy for them too, like Daredevil?

I think Nolan will be done as a director with superhero/comic book films after TDKR.

I think Nolan’s participation and influence is “front loaded.” He was involved with the basic story concept and WB probably wanted him to shape the approach and general “tone” of the movie. But at a certain point, he had to hand off to Snyder. So by the time post-production rolls around, the ship has basically sailed. I can’t see Nolan spending a lot of time with Snyder in the editing room.

see i can absolutely picture nolan in the editing room. again, if it was my reputation on the line, i would be as involved as possible.

i think Nolan will be doing everything he can to help out with this production without sacrificing the quality of his work for TDKR. i'm not sure what kind of involvement he was have once he's wrapped up TDKR, but i can't see Nolan as the type of guy that would do with Snyder what Spielberg did with Bay. Spielberg gave his input but he basically let Michael Bay do what he usually does. Nolan's name is attached to this project and he's still a fairly young chap and fairly new to Hollywood, so he has much more to gain/lose than Spielberg does.

so while he's certainly gonna let Snyder do his thang, i also think that while Nolan isn't busy with TDKR, he'll be helping out with MOS as much as his abilities will allow.

If WB wants to make "Man of Steel" a success then Nolan will be also ediiting it!

see i can absolutely picture nolan in the editing room. again, if it was my reputation on the line, i would be as involved as possible.

Maybe Nolan is more interested in cultivating the reputation (as producer) of someone who respects the talents and autonomy of directors. :cwink:

Exactly. I'm sure WB's executives are expecting Nolan to be more involved with the editing and post work as well. With the release date pushed back, it allows Nolan more free time. I don't see Nolan diving into another project to direct right away anyway after the long TDKRises filming process.

Hmmm...I'd say Fox drops The Wolverine to Memorial Day weekend, and fight it off against Fast & Furious 6 and Star Trek 2 beams down on the July 4th weekend. Wouldn't expect that big holiday weekend to be dependent on just an animated movie (albeit the sequel to a very popular and successful one).

Trek 2 going to head to head with Despicable Me 2?

I don't see Paramount wanting to take that chance, but ya never know.

Last edited:
This makes no sense...

Most pictures require about a year after shooting to make everything look good when it has such a large amount of FX shots...

The fact that they have not started filming at all makes me feel confident that they will have more time to make it right... Despite how much I want the Superman flick as soon as possible

They pushed the release date back for multiple reasons and making sure the film gets done and executed right is one of them. :up:

Trek 2 going to head to head with Despicable Me 2?

I don't see Paramount wanting to take that chance, but ya never know.

WB took "that chance" with The Hangover 2 against Kung Fu Panda 2 and the latter got eaten alive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"