MOS now Summer of 2013 instead of Winter 2012

:up:

There'l definitely be a trailer with the Dark Knight Rises WB's wouldn't be dumb enough to miss that oppurtunity. As if going to see the Dark Knight Rises isn't gonna be exciting enough :D
A full trailer would be with TDKR blu-ray I reckon.

Avatar could have probably been released any month and it still woulda made a boatload of cash....god knows why.
You're right. Not even JC (Jesus Christ) himself knows.

]A full trailer would be with TDKR blu-ray I reckon.[/B]

You're right. Not even JC (Jesus Christ) himself knows.
Not likely. A full trailer is almost never released on a Blu Ray. Now if it's released a couple months before, then yeah it would be possible that it would be included in the Blu Ray, but not as a premier.

Yea this is bull not happy about the move. **** u WB
Calm down there, spanky. This will only help MOS be a better overall movie. Isn't that what you, me and most everyone wants? They will have a lot more time to clean up the VFX, SFX, do necessary re-shoots, etc. The delay will do nothing but HELP.

Calm down there, spanky. This will only help MOS be a better overall movie. Isn't that what you, me and most everyone wants? They will have a lot more time to clean up the VFX, SFX, do necessary re-shoots, etc. The delay will do nothing but HELP.

like I said, it means nothing of the sort. Also gives them far more chances to screw it up.

200M=Superman name.
100=WOM
50=Nolan's name
10=Cast/Synder
---------------------
360 Domestic - add or subtract 50 Million and thats what I think this movie makes domestic.

Interesting calculation. :cwink:

I’m not sure the Supes name is automatically good for a minimum $200M. By that logic, Superman IV should have made (adjusting for lower ticket prices) $100M. In fact, it didn’t even make $16M.

Word-of-mouth is, of course, a double-edged sword. If MOS sucks (see SIV, above), then the monetary value of WOM has to be adjusted appropriately.

Nolan’s name is starting to become a draw. But that’s only among a relatively small section of the movie-going public. And anyone who is savvy enough to recognize his name and seek out his films would likely be aware that Nolan isn’t directing MOS. So a $50M name-value might be pushing it.

You could be right, though, about $10M for Snyder and the big name cast. :woot:

Last edited:
Weep,,, weep!!!

the world already ends by the time!!!

STM was a winter movie too!!!

by the time, there would have ironman 3, thor 2 & captain american 2. too much a competition again and too many superhero movies??? push it back further again???

if WB is soo damn little chicken, better then they don't make it!!! they wouldn't lose then!!! just keep in the bank and enjoy the interests!!! :mad:

Last edited:
This seems so obvious now. WB needs a summer tentpole film for 2013. What did they have before? I don't think anything. It's a smart move. I'll have to wait longer, but hey, at least we have Iron Man 3 and this in the same year. Not bad.

like I said, it means nothing of the sort. Also gives them far more chances to screw it up.
Fair enough, but we have to remain optimistic here. We really don't know, for certain, why they pushed it back. Either way it's going to get made, and I have to believe that it's going to be better because of it. Filming is scheduled to start next week in Aurora/Chicago area, so let's have faith that everything is going to work out. :up:

This seems so obvious now. WB needs a summer tentpole film for 2013. What did they have before? I don't think anything. It's a smart move. I'll have to wait longer, but hey, at least we have Iron Man 3 and this in the same year. Not bad.
That's a good point too. Paramount will have Iron Man 3 and possibly Captain America 2 (although I'm not certain when that sequel is scheduled for, if at all), plus there are no more Harry Potter movies for them to lean on, so that is probably the biggest factor in their decision to push it back 6 months. Of course, this is all purely speculation, but that makes the most sense to me.

plus Thor 2. IM3 and Thor2 will prove that Marvel will have no idea how to make a superhero sequel after Avengers. fantastic times.

plus Thor 2. IM3 and Thor2 will prove that Marvel will have no idea how to make a superhero sequel after Avengers. fantastic times.

But... but... there's TOO MANY of these movies being made! We're all SO tired of superhero movies. That is evident by the fact that NO superhero films have turned a profit since The Dark Knight.

They need to COMPLETELY stop making them altogether for another 20 years or so and focus solely on adapting every young adult romance/fantasy novel written in the last 10 years because THAT'S what people REALLY want to see.

Oh, and more 7-hour Transformer movies, please.

:hehe:

anybody know/guess that this new date has to do something with the legal batle?

I don't think so. Double checked my filed areticles re: the legal fight and all I can find is that a film has to be in production by EOY 2012 or else the heirs could sue WB for additional tens of millions.

Can't find anything about a restriction or drop dead date on the release.

The only thing I can think of is that in mid-2103 the Siegels own half the character. Does that mean that 50% of the profits MOS brings in after that date have to go to the heirs?

I'm guessing not as WB would be aware of this and could have as easilly moved the release to November 2012 if that was an issue.

Its probably been mentioned, but I think moving MoS to 2013 not only means that WB needs a "big" summer tentpole, but that support for a sequel to GL is off the books, or has been severely frazzled. Then again, it could just be pushed to 2014 (in which a 3 year gap makes sense).

That's a good point too. Paramount will have Iron Man 3 and possibly Captain America 2 (although I'm not certain when that sequel is scheduled for, if at all),

Disney is releasing IM-3 and Thor 2, as well as any Avengers and Captain America sequels.

Like I said, production on MOS will likely continue on as if the film comes out December 2012 (since it's so far into production). Snyder will have locked the picture and do the final sound mix by December 2012/January 2013.

WB will just hold on to the completed film and release it in June. That makes more sense.

Maybe the movie was pushed back because of Chris Nolan.

http://screenrant.com/christoper-nolan-superman-batman-dark-knight-rises-mikee-90198/

I guess after Nolan is finished with TDKR he will be able to help Snyder with Superman. WB isn’t counting on Snyder to deliver all the goods after his last few movies underperformed, but they needed a good visual director to provide cool action scenes.

The article doesn't indicate Nolan will be coming back to MOS. Sounds like it's all in Snyder's hands now.

Not sure if Lex is even in it or not, but I stand by what I said before about the role needing an A lister with B.O. draw. Someone like a Decaprio, Depp, or Day-Lewis.

I'm pretty sure thats an old article...snyder was still searching for his superman then.

I don't think so. Double checked my filed areticles re: the legal fight and all I can find is that a film has to be in production by EOY 2012 or else the heirs could sue WB for additional tens of millions.

I read EOY 2011 – which explains the current production schedule.

Can't find anything about a restriction or drop dead date on the release.

The only thing I can think of is that in mid-2103 2013 the Siegels own half the character. Does that mean that 50% of the profits MOS brings in after that date have to go to the heirs?

I'm guessing not as WB would be aware of this and could have as easilly moved the release to November 2012 if that was an issue.
I doubt S&S would get a “profit” share. More like a licensing fee. Apparently, S&S got (or are entitled to) monies from SR. But a judge determined that WB had paid a fair licensing fee to DC to use the character - $13.6M, I think. So S&S have to chase after DC for their share of the $13.6M (whatever that is). A similar situation probably applies to MOS.

Once S&S fully recapture Action #1 in 2013, it’s a whole new ballgame. But doubtful that it would retroactively affect MOS.

IMO it's clear that at WB they are still betting on Superman as summer tentpole. I don't see a single reason of being pessimist, even the story of "Superman will not be released on summer because it's not their #1 sh franchise anymore" is gone.

Reguarding the legal battle, I don't know nothing about it (like everyone in this forum), but I've the feeling that something good is happening.

Having more breathing room, especially on a project like this is always a good thing IMO. There will be more time to get the script right, (with Jonah and Johnstad involved) more time for SVX and CGI post work and editing. Plus releasing the film during Supermans 75th Anniversary month is a wise move. This will also allow more time to promote the film and create buzz. I also have a feeling this will allow Mr. Nolan more time to be involved more and oversee the post production and editing process.

This is an all around wise and smart move by WB's and the producers of the Man Of Steel film!

Let's just hope they don't shoot a 10 million dollar scene thats critical to the film and leave it on the cutting room floor...

WB do indeed have a summer tent pole film on 2013. It's Pacific Rim.

Logic is not your friend.

I get a kick out people who constantly have a pessimistic and negative attitude on these forums. These same people must be fun to hang out with outside of these baords huh? :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"