Christopher Meloni Eyed for Major Role

But why is he just a General? Why no name?

Is he a General from Krypton or Earth?

Maybe he's just a new character with no connection to the comics.

Maybe he'll actually play a sergeant. Sergeant John Corben. Probably too old though.

I think he'll end up been General Lane and they want to keep it a surprise.

But why such secrecy for Sam Lane?

I think they're pulling a JGL on us. Where we think he's a major comic character, but he's really just a newly created character for the movie. Not that I would mind.

I think they're pulling a JGL on us. Where we think he's a major comic character, but he's really just a newly created character for the movie. Not that I would mind.

I doubt it seen as though they said he's just a General. If they didn't want us to know who he is they'd have probably just said nothing. I really don't think he's Lex.

I doubt it seen as though they said he's just a General. If they didn't want us to know who he is they'd have probably just said nothing. I really don't think he's Lex.

But its in different cases to me. Like We know that Marion Cotillard is Miranda Tate...but we should know better that she's really Talia :p

Meloni's a General...but who, and where from? Earth or Krypton? Is he Sam Lane? Or Dax-Up or something? :hehe:

It adds to the realism if he's not based on a comic character.

But its in different cases to me. Like We know that Marion Cotillard is Miranda Tate...but we should know better that she's really Talia :p

Meloni's a General...but who, and where from? Earth or Krypton? Is he Sam Lane? Or Dax-Up or something? :hehe:

It adds to the realism if he's not based on a comic character.

You may be right Im just saying I dont think he'll be Lex

You may be right Im just saying I dont think he'll be Lex

A lot of people don't seem to be fond of the idea of 'General Luthor' :p

But I really think Meloni's going to be a new character like John Blake in TDKR.

There's not much secrecy, really. There's just been no official announcement at all. All we have is his indication that he's in the movie and he's playing a general. The fact that he stopped short of giving a name doesn't really mean much. He probably just didn't want to say anything else because he already knew he'd said too much. It's not as if there was some official decision made to announce that he was a general and not indicate a name, as if there's something secretive relating to his name.

so when can we expect them to name the other casting? i think if lex was not going to be in MOS synder would of come forward and said soo.

There's not much secrecy, really. There's just been no official announcement at all. All we have is his indication that he's in the movie and he's playing a general. The fact that he stopped short of giving a name doesn't really mean much. He probably just didn't want to say anything else because he already knew he'd said too much. It's not as if there was some official decision made to announce that he was a general and not indicate a name, as if there's something secretive relating to his name.

But there was official announcements for other characters, even Lennix got one.

Why is there nothing about Meloni's character, not even a name?

Either there is something juicy regarding him, or he's not a comic character.

But there was official announcements for other characters, even Lennix got one.

Why is there nothing about Meloni's character, not even a name?

Either there is something juicy regarding him, or he's not a comic character.

Because Meloni's part has never been officially announced.

Slashfilm and Vulture heard it through the grapevine, and Vulture questioned Meloni directly about his role (that's when he responded that he was playing a general, and would "have to kill you if I told you anything more blah blah").

Because Meloni's part has never been officially announced.

Slashfilm and Vulture heard it through the grapevine, and Vulture questioned Meloni directly about his role (that's when he responded that he was playing a general, and would "have to kill you if I told you anything more blah blah").

Ah. I thought his involvment was announced by WB :p

so......have they ever confirmed what role Meloni's playing??

He's obviously not playing Perry White......lol

Regardless of what has been said, i'm holding out hope that he is Lex

It's all a ruse.

Chris Meloni is playing General John Edward Gammell, who is actually Alberto Falcone, the twin brother of Alfred Borden and the one who actually killed his wife by giving her one too many Insulin injections and then accidentally shot his partner due to a lack of sleep brought about trying to avoid having dreams of his dead wife crashing trains into cars.

Meloni is playing a 'Colonel Hardy' according to the official press release.

The film also stars three-time Oscar® nominee Amy Adams (“The Fighter”) as Daily Planet journalist Lois Lane, and Oscar® nominee Laurence Fishburne (“What’s Love Got to Do with It”) as her editor-in-chief, Perry White. Starring as Clark Kent’s adoptive parents, Martha and Jonathan Kent, are Oscar® nominee Diane Lane (“Unfaithful”) and Academy Award® winner Kevin Costner (“Dances with Wolves”).Squaring off against the superhero are two other surviving Kryptonians, the villainous General Zod, played by Oscar® nominee Michael Shannon (“Revolutionary Road”), and Faora, Zod’s evil partner, played by Antje Traue. Also from Superman’s native Krypton are Lara Lor-Van, Superman’s mother, played by Julia Ormond, and Superman’s father, Jor-El, portrayed by Academy Award® winner Russell Crowe (“Gladiator”).
Rounding out the cast are Harry Lennix as U.S. military man General Swanwick, as well as Christopher Meloni as Colonel Hardy.“Man of Steel” is being produced by Charles Roven, Emma Thomas, Christopher Nolan and Deborah Snyder. The screenplay was written by David S. Goyer, from a story by Goyer and Nolan, based upon Superman characters created by Jerry Siegel & Joe Shuster and published by DC Comics. Thomas Tull and Lloyd Phillips are serving as executive producers.

Odd, and Lennix has gone from Sgt Swanwick to General Swanwick. Interesting.

Meloni as a "Colonel Hardy...."

Wonder if he's still considered a "major role" as the earlier reports indicated.

It's all a ruse.

Chris Meloni is playing General John Edward Gammell, who is actually Alberto Falcone, the twin brother of Alfred Borden and the one who actually killed his wife by giving her one too many Insulin injections and then accidentally shot his partner due to a lack of sleep brought about trying to avoid having dreams of his dead wife crashing trains into cars.

Hahaha

He's playing Colonel Tom Hardy!

It all makes sense now!

He's going to take Kryptonite steriods and turn into Bane. The movie will be a prequel to The Dark Knight Rises. IT ALL MAKES SENSE NOW.

If you've never seen Chris in Law and Order, you need to take a moment and watch it. While I think the world of him as an actor, he wouldn't be capable of being Lex or Brainiac. It's out of his range. He is, however, very capable of being Metallo or Turpin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"