Christopher Meloni Eyed for Major Role

Maybe linnix is killed by zod and his crew, and lane is promoted to general. Idk, just a thought.

these whispers of Lex as a military man don't gel with me at all. i can't imagine Lex being the type of guy that would take orders from someone. his ego is too big, he's too much of a genius, and despite my respect for the military it seems like it would be below him to join. Lex likes to pave the way and call the shots, not step in others' footsteps and follow orders.

I'm not saying Meloni will be General Luthor, its just the only thing I can imagine since they are keeping it a secret :oldrazz:

He could start out as a good guy, then turn into the villain we all know and love ;)

Or he could already be a bad ass, ordering people around and taking control of things before Superman arrives. Dreaming of running for presidency :)

117071401.jpg

Most recent picture I could find. Sometime in June.

He's playing Ra's al Ghul!!!!

The facial hair gives it away!!! :D

This "General Lex Luthor" nonsense has to stop. He's either playing a general, like he claimed, or he's Lex Luthor. Not some hybrid.

For the love of Zod, make it stop.

This "General Lex Luthor" nonsense has to stop. He's either playing a general, like he claimed, or he's Lex Luthor. Not some hybrid.

For the love of Zod, make it stop.

This. All the general luthor talk is nauseating. Lol

I'm sick of this whole 'aging actors 10 years' business. Why cant people just cast the right damn age for a change??

Lois' father in this movie, with Lois being in her 30's should be late 50's.

I mean in Smallville I believe Micheal Ironside is about 60 now and Erica Durance is only about 33 now.

It's not a big deal but I dont understand why they cast parents so young on this movie. Martha only being 45 and Sam Lane only being 50.....

playing a character that's younger or older than an actor/actress is incredibly common for thespians. Tom Hanks was 38 when he played Forrest Gump (he played Gump as early as a high school senior) and Al Pacino had to be aged for Godfather 3.

also, someone brought up that Sean Connery was able to convincingly play Indiana Jones' dad despite being only 12 years older than Harrison Ford.

He defiantly has the Luthor look, But I think he'll be down for Sam Lane and that they'll go for a big name to be Luthor.

playing a character that's younger or older than an actor/actress is incredibly common for thespians. Tom Hanks was 38 when he played Forrest Gump (he played Gump as early as a high school senior) and Al Pacino had to be aged for Godfather 3.

also, someone brought up that Sean Connery was able to convincingly play Indiana Jones' dad despite being only 12 years older than Harrison Ford.
He doesn't care. He just doesn't like Amy Adams, so he's latched onto her age as his only excuse. This isn't about Meloni, it' about Adams to him. It's just (not so?) subtle trolling. The problem is, he's a teenager who can't properly tell the difference between a 28 year old and a 35 year old.

I'm sick of this whole 'aging actors 10 years' business. Why cant people just cast the right damn age for a change??

Lois' father in this movie, with Lois being in her 30's should be late 50's.

I mean in Smallville I believe Micheal Ironside is about 60 now and Erica Durance is only about 33 now.

It's not a big deal but I dont understand why they cast parents so young on this movie. Martha only being 45 and Sam Lane only being 50.....

An actor/actress being a certain age and playing an age other than their own is part of...well...acting. Some of the most memorable performances in cinematic history involve actors playing a totally different age range than there own. So that will literally never stop.

Ah. I didn't see your post. I could have just said, what he said.

Meloni makes perfect sense for Luthor here, people. Yes, he claimed he was playing a General. People lie. Everyday. With Zod as the villian here, and Braniac supposedly being set up for the sequel, if your including Luthor from the start then he is just as much of a supporting character in these as he will be villian. You really think you are going to get a Daniel Day-Lewis in that capacity? LMFAO. You are going to have to get someone willing to sign a three film deal for one, and then be cool with letting their character build during the first two films as a true Superman/Lex showdown occurs in the third, or may even be put off until an eventual Justice League film. Which brings up the issue that the Luthor actor may be asked to sign a three film solo Superman deal and a a Justice League clause. Day-Lewis would soooooo be down for that.

Personally, and I have stated this before, I would leave Lex out of this film. Alot appears to be happening anyway. Keep in mind that just because we don't see Lex in person, that doesn't mean LexCorp can't be mentioned and Lex himself can't be talked about, qouted, or even have his voice heard on the radio or a television off camera(Clancy Brown would be down), but build to his physical debut in the sequel, ala the Joker with the Nolan Batman series. But, if you bring him in and use him as a supporting character villian here, and keep him in his TAS/Smallville style role throughout this new series, then you need an actor willing to one, sign that deal, and two, an actor that will progress beside Henry Cavill as the series progresses. This rules out alot of fantasy, A-List, oscar calber choices. The only fan favorite choice you could get for that is Jason Isaac or Billy Zane. with Isaac being a longtime favorite of mine. I do not know alot about Christopher Meloni, crime drama's bore the **** out of me, but from what I have seen I like so this could be a very solid choice for the role and for someone who will play off of Cavill over the next 5-7-10 years.

Russell Crowe is listed under "rumor" for Jor-El when we know definitively that he is. So I wouldn't take what IMDB says as the Gospel.

im not i was simply pointing it out. if they leave lex out i will be severely disappointed.

about 5/6 weeks until filming starts and the roles of Lex, Perry, and Jimmy have yet to be filled ( that we know of )

I think comic con will reveal the remaining cast, and supes in costume.

Bit unlikely since neither Man of Steel or The Dark Knight Rises are scheduled for a panel.

I remember Meloni from OZ...He's a very good actor.

Meloni makes perfect sense for Luthor here, people. Yes, he claimed he was playing a General. People lie. Everyday.

Why do people continue to have trouble coming to grips with reality? Every time an actor specifically states that he/she is playing someone *other* than who Fanboy #1 picked out, then Fanboy #1 ALWAYS comes to the same "inevitable" conclusion: the actor is clearly lying.

No.

The actor (in this case: Meloni; but see multiple other instances, particularly on the Dark Knight Rises board) is *not* lying. He has absolutely NO reason to do so. If Meloni doesn't want us to know who he's playing, he reveals *nothing* --- not even a vague hint. But Meloni *did* give us a vague hint, so there's absolutely no reason to doubt him when he says he's playing a general. Not a kinda-sorta general; not a play-on-words general; and sure as hell not a "General Luthor" (which would cause the biggest fanboy ****storm in a looooong history of cinematic Lex Luthor screw-ups).

no.....please no General Luthor.

that's almost as bad as "CIA Luthor" or "Kryptonian Luthor." remember them?

I'd be fine if Meloni is General Lane. Or as Luthor.

but enough of this General Luthor stuff.........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"