Movie Stuff You Only Now Just Realized - Part 7

Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets has a post credits scene. Interesting since it's from back in the pre-MCU days when post-credits scenes were much more uncommon.

As I was re watching LotR again a thought occurred to me : how the hell does someone access Orthanc roof top, there is no visible stair case or hole in the ceiling.

Click. Some good ones.

First one was an eye opener.

Tim Burton’s Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Charlie’s father works for a toothpaste company, called “Smilex.” Which is one letter away from being “Smylex,” the weapon of Jack Nicholson’s Joker in the 1989 Batman directed by Burton.

Was just watching the first T-Rex scene in Jurassic Park on Netflix, and noticed the attention to detail; its pupil gets smaller when Lex shines the flashlight in its eye.

I already knew who Jack Quaid's dad was, but I'd completely forgotten that Dennis Quaid and Meg Ryan used to be a couple.

Okay.

In the Bourne Ultimatum the CIA suspect Bourne of the killing that starts the story, because they find his fingerprint at the scene on an explosive device that didn't go off. Later on a junior CIA officer notices this seems fishy and is murdered.

TBH I can't believe that the senior CIA officer ( played by Joan Allen) takes the bait so easily at first instance. The fact that a device failed to go off and had a retrievable fingerprint on it should have been a big red flag that it was a set up - because, as the Julia Stiles character says, these guys don't make mistakes.

A Clockwork Orange

The short montage of newspapers at the end refer to the character as “Alex Burgess,” not Alex DeLarge.

Gladiator features Superman's dad and Wonder Woman's mom. And arthouse Joker while we're at it.

Gladiator is loaded.

Superman’s dad, Wonder Woman’s mom, Arthouse Joker, Shazam, the OG Dumbledore, Discount Haley Joel Osment, and Emperor Claudius.

John Wick was such a big deal that it has spawned several imitators, most notably Atomic Blonde starring Charlize Theron. And like a million years ago Charlize played Keanu's wife in The Devil's Advocate.

Just happened to catch a clip of Airplane. Never noticed that when there is a call from the Mayo Clinic that the person who's making the call have nothing but jars of mayonnaise behind them.

Michael Dorn has been on Star Trek more than anyone else.

WorfTNG.jpg

5 movies (The Undiscovered Country, Generations, First Contact, Insurrection, Nemesis), 175 episodes of The Next Generation, and 102 episodes of Deep Space Nine give him a record 282 Trek appearances.

Vasquez from Aliens (don't remember her name) was in Titanic and Star Trek Generation (blink and you miss her at a ship console).

Batman and Robin

After they melt the ice with the telescope or whatever, they give Alfred his blue Powerade to cure Connor McGreggor’s Syndrome. Robin is wearing his red bird costume, not the ice and blue, separately sold costume he was just wearing.

I think I noticed that too, a while back when channel surfing.

I was today years old when I realized that the skeevy nobleman Pierre Le Peu who "buys" Drew Barrymore in Ever After was also Riff Raff in The Rocky Horror Picture Show (Richard O'Brien).

Jennifer Ehle is Rosemary Harris' daughter, and was originally cast as Catelyn Stark on Game of Thrones.

She actually filmed the pilot episode, but then decided it was too much of a commitment after having recently had a baby, and the pilot was refilmed (due to that and other casting changes) and she was replaced by Michelle Fairley.

George Romero worked for Fred Rogers and filmed varying pieces for the Mr. Rogers show as well as filming ads for Democratic candidates.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"