Movie Stuff You Only Now Just Realized - Part 6

Status
Not open for further replies.
The new Mission: Impossible movie has 'The Syndicate' who were bad guys from the old TV show. Meanwhile James Bond is fighting Spectre, who were also bad guys from the old days (mainly with Connery).

One of the Mums in Honey I Shrunk The Kids was Buffys Mum Joyce in BTVS

The news anchor woman in Die Hard is played by the same actress as the psychiatrist in Lethal Weapon.

I just re watched Knight and Day and was surprised Gal Gadot was in it (in a small role mind you) as it came out 5 years ago and I am sure was not as well known then as she is now.

The end of Mission Impossible Ghost Protocol sets up the Syndicate.

In The Prestige, Wolverine and Batman play rival magicians mentored by Alfred Pennyworth, and the latter marries Maya Hansen from Iron Man 3, the former visits Jareth the Goblin King for help in his endeavors, Jareth's groundskeeper/assistant happens to be Caesar, and they both have a relationship with Black Widow.

Last edited:
In The Prestige, Wolverine and Batman play rival magicians mentored by Alfred Pennyworth, and the latter marries Maya Hansen from Iron Man 3, the former visits Jareth the Goblin King for help in his endeavors, and Jareth's groundskeeper/assistant happens to be Caesar.

You forgot Black Widow was also in it.

I remember when that movie was first announced, people thought it was secretly really a sequel to Batman Begins, with Jackman as Two-face and Bowie as Joker.

The redneck at the beach that wouldn't take his beer bottles off of Mr Miyagi's truck in The Karate Kid was played by Larry Drake (Dr Giggles, Dark Man, LA Law).

^ Good one.

The great French actor Jean-Louis Trintignant was personally selected by Stanley Kubrick to be the (French) voice of Jack Torrance in The Shining.

I've seen Mission: Impossible - Ghost Protocol many, many more times that I would admit (it really is one of my favorite movies ever) but I just realized that right when Ethan and Benji enter the Kremlin, Hendricks (the bad guy) can be briefly seen on the side of the screen, in front of them. We haven't met the character at that point yet, so is after a couple of viewings that you can see that.

This one is actually from TV. On the series "Tour Of Duty", in the episode "The Battling Baker Brothers", the role of Scott Baker's twin brother Karl was played the actor's (Eric Bruskotter) actual twin brother, Karl Bruskotter. Also, in that same episode, Karl accidentally refers to his brother as Eric and it wound up being used in the episode (it happens when Scott & Karl are POW's and a jet is coming in to drop napalm on the NVA).

As I'd never seen it before, I didn't know Brady from Halloween 4 was in Dazed and Confused.

^ There's a lot of familiar faces in Dazed and Confused. The teacher who mocked Mitch and his friends with a war story of sorts. Would later go on to play the head coach of all black high school football team in Friday Night Lights.

A couple of weeks after learning Tom Cruise's birthday was on July 3rd. It hit me that he was almost actually Born on the 4th of July.

Sam Peckinpah has a small part as a meter reading gas-man in the original "Invasion of the Body Snatchers."

This is something I've known for a while, but I figured I'd post it for those of you who don't know.

The director of the original Black Christmas back in 1974 later went on to direct A Christmas Story. Then in the remake of Black Christmas (which I think came out in 2003), you can see the leg lamp from A Christmas Story in the background of the sorority house living room.

Charles Bronson was originally meant to be playing Robert Thorn in The Omen back when it was going to just be released as a b-movie.

I also believe Charlton Heston turned down the role. Gregory Peck, of course, took the part.

Dominic Purcell is one of the bad guys in Mission: Impossible II

Generally, when a movie features identical twins, they usually fit into two stock plots:
1) After being separated at birth, they meet for the first time and probably have to switch places or engage in mistaken identity shenanigans, or
2) One is killed, so their estranged twin must investigate their death and probably take their place.

In Captain America The Winter Soldier at the end I didn't notice Maria Hill is hooked up with a polygraph lie detector as she's applying for an interview at Stark Industries.

And on Nick Fury's tombstone there's a small paragraph from Ezequial that Samuel Jackson's character Jules quotes from Pulp Fiction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"