Mutant Massacre hints in X3.

chaseter

Esteemed Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2006
Messages
45,867
Reaction score
50
Points
73
There are a lot of clues that a mutant massacre could happen in the next X-Men movie. Post here all your hints or suggestions on what characters or events in X3 could cause the Mutant Massacre story line for the next movie.

We obviously are introduced to Callisto in X3...leader of the Morlocks.

Psylocke is in the brotherhood in X3. When the mutant massacre occurs, she joins the X-Men.

Angel is introduced in X3 and is captured during the massacre to produce Archangel.
 
Kitty Pryde and Colossus also have more major roles in X3 and are big players in helping defend the Morlocks during the mutant massacre.
 
I think the Mutant Massacre would be amazing to have in X4! I'd love it if the movie starts the same way as the comic book, with Tommy running for her life. *drools*
 
I just also realized that Arclight is a member of the Marauders, the ones who massacred the Morlocks. Maybe she goes "badder" at the end of X3 and the Marauders are formed???
 
Imagine Harpoon impaling Angel in his wings! Gambit saving young Marrow!

I just want to see Archangel!!

:eek:
 
WorthyStevens4 said:
Imagine Harpoon impaling Angel in his wings! Gambit saving young Marrow!

I just want to see Archangel!!

:eek:
It does look more and more like we will see it:) :up:
 
chaseter said:
It does look more and more like we will see it:) :up:

I hope so. And if Sinister appears sometime during this movie, that's it for me. Add in the fact that Simon has previously said that Fox is interested in Archangel, and that the makers are waiting to give Gambit a prominent role later on down the line...
 
I always thought an X4 should have the Mutant Massacre and Sinister as the villian. It would be a perfect way to introduce Gambit as well as carry over some of the smaller characters from X3 like Leech, Callisto, Arclight, etc.
 
Any more hints we can come up with to confirm a possible mutant massacre?
 
Now that I think about it, maybe if there's an X4 it'll most probably be about the Massacre, maybe Simon and Zak have something under their sleeves since they chose Arclight out of a lot more characters, and she takes part of the MM.
 
We will get a sort of hanger ending that could set up for another film. Maybe it hints at the mutant massacre?
 
I think really that if we get an X4 we will see a mixture of the Massacre and the introduction to Sinister.
 
JustABill said:
I think really that if we get an X4 we will see a mixture of the Massacre and the introduction to Sinister.
Well Sinister is a major reason for the massacre.
 
I think it would be cool if in X3 we got a few hints that Arclight and Callisto, while part of the same group and joined together through Magneto, are at odds with each other. Theres tension between them and thats what causes them to seperate at the end of X3. Callisto goes and forms the Morlocks and Arclight goes and becomes a Marauder. Sort of like a female Iceman/Pyro dynamic. Wouldnt take much screen time either.
 
tonytr1687 said:
I think it would be cool if in X3 we got a few hints that Arclight and Callisto, while part of the same group and joined together through Magneto, are at odds with each other. Theres tension between them and thats what causes them to seperate at the end of X3. Callisto goes and forms the Morlocks and Arclight goes and becomes a Marauder. Sort of like a female Iceman/Pyro dynamic. Wouldnt take much screen time either.
That could work and sounds good.
 
I hate to admit to this...but....

-never read the mutant massacre, just read summaries and short details- :O
 
tonytr1687 said:
I think it would be cool if in X3 we got a few hints that Arclight and Callisto, while part of the same group and joined together through Magneto, are at odds with each other. Theres tension between them and thats what causes them to seperate at the end of X3. Callisto goes and forms the Morlocks and Arclight goes and becomes a Marauder. Sort of like a female Iceman/Pyro dynamic. Wouldnt take much screen time either.
That's a great idea :up: But I think that in X3 there are already Marauders and Morlocks, so they wouldn't be "forming" them, maybe in X3 Callisto is the leader of the Morlocks and Arclight the leader of the Marauders.
 
chaseter said:
That could work and sounds good.

Yeah and this is why I'm gonna be pissed if they stop at X3. Theres so many more directions they can go in, so many more things they can develop, not to mention the characters that still havent been used (namely Gambit of course). Frankly I find it a little arrogant that Ratner thinks they cant go anywhere after X3.
 
JustABill said:
I hate to admit to this...but....

-never read the mutant massacre, just read summaries and short details- :O
Haha, like 2 weeks ago I started downloading the MM. I've just read the first issue, I haven't had time to read the rest but I sure will.
 
Slim_X said:
Haha, like 2 weeks ago I started downloading the MM. I've just read the first issue, I haven't had time to read the rest but I sure will.
I know a bit about it but I need to read up on it beacause it is what we will most likely see in X4. It just easily ties so much of X3 into it.
 
mutant massacre, mr sinister, archangel, gambit, hellfire club, a focus on the younger xmen... these are the things i'd like to see in the next trilogy beginning with x4. in x5 apocalypse can be revealed... and be defeated in x6.
 
A correction on the first post:

Angel wasn't kidnapped during the massacre. He had his wings impaled, and afterward, they were too damaged, and had to be amputated to save his life. After that, he became suicidal, and tried to blow himself up on his personal plane, and then he was taken by Apocalypse to become Archangel. Going through all that emotional turmoil like that with the character could come across very well on the screen and actually give him reason to want to join up with Apoc.
 
Specter313 said:
A correction on the first post:

Angel wasn't kidnapped during the massacre. He had his wings impaled, and afterward, they were too damaged, and had to be amputated to save his life. After that, he became suicidal, and tried to blow himself up on his personal plane, and then he was taken by Apocalypse to become Archangel. Going through all that emotional turmoil like that with the character could come across very well on the screen and actually give him reason to want to join up with Apoc.

Not to mention a little bit of brainwashing to help that transition. ;)
 
Slim_X said:
That's a great idea :up: But I think that in X3 there are already Marauders and Morlocks, so they wouldn't be "forming" them, maybe in X3 Callisto is the leader of the Morlocks and Arclight the leader of the Marauders.

I dunno from what we know it seems like Callisto and Arclight and Quills and all those others are part of the same group b/c they ALL end up joining with the Brotherhood. I highly doubt we'll see Magneto individually recruiting Juggs/MM and the Morlocks AND another seperate group of Marauders. But we'll see...IMO it would just make more sense for the lines to be drawn after everything that happens in X3. Because if they're seperate to begin with then they certainly wouldnt join forces.
 
Specter313 said:
A correction on the first post:

Angel wasn't kidnapped during the massacre. He had his wings impaled, and afterward, they were too damaged, and had to be amputated to save his life. After that, he became suicidal, and tried to blow himself up on his personal plane, and then he was taken by Apocalypse to become Archangel. Going through all that emotional turmoil like that with the character could come across very well on the screen and actually give him reason to want to join up with Apoc.

That would make for good drama. After X3 I'd like a new trilogy that focuses on Cyclops, Angel, Gambit, Sinister, and Apocalypse. One of the reasons I want Cyke to survive X3 so badly is b/c he would fit perfectly into future sequels with Sinister as the villian. It would be an easy way to further develop Scott's character.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"