Mutant Massacre hints in X3.

Hmmm no wolverine, cyclops, jean or storm...if those characters dont return, i doubt we will get a film.....unless rogue, kitty, iceman and colossus turn out to be extremely popular characters in X3. If they do, then thereis no need for the others.

EmmaFrostRules said:
Hmmm no wolverine, cyclops, jean or storm...if those characters dont return, i doubt we will get a film.....unless rogue, kitty, iceman and colossus turn out to be extremely popular characters in X3. If they do, then thereis no need for the others.

Who said we wouldn't get atleast Cyclops or Jean?

I'm just saying, if either cyclops or jean die or refuse to come back for another film, it all depends on the popularity of the new mutants.

WorthyStevens4 said:
Who knows...

Mel Gibson and Danny Glover said Lethal Weapon 3 would be their last Lethal Weapon movie... then a few years later, they're starring in Lethal Weapon 4.

Nothing in Hollywood is definite.

True, but I think by the end of this film Magneto's story arc will be pretty much finished, especially if Xavier dies. I would rather have these movies go out on a high note story-wise rather than to string along the franchise simply because the films attract big box office numbers.

BMM said:
True, but I think by the end of this film Magneto's story arc will be pretty much finished, especially if Xavier dies. I would rather have these movies go out on a high note story-wise rather than to string along the franchise simply because the films attract big box office numbers.

That's just it, they don't have to be "strung along". There are a lot of meaningful storylines left that can be told.

BMM said:

Magneto has gone on when Xavier died in the comics. In fact, he even led the X-Men for a while. If I remember right.

However, if Mags dies in the movie, that's a different story.

Specter313 said:
That's just it, they don't have to be "strung along". There are a lot of meaningful storylines left that can be told.

Sorry, I was just referring to McKellen from the post Worthy was previously responding to. I don't think McKellen will return. I think Magneto's storyline is finished, especially if Xavier dies . . . I think bringing Magneto back would just be bringing him back for the sake of bringing him back. I think the general audience would grow tired of seeing Magneto as the main villain for the fourth film in a row . . . I think the general audience would grow somewhat tired of Magneto on the whole for a fourth film . . . even if he did lead the X-Men in Xavier's absence . . . it just drags his story along for the sake of having McKellen in another movie.

It takes away fom his and Xavier's powerful dichotomy that has been building up since X-Men and will hopefully reach a conclusion of some kind in X3. It would be kind of like, "Well, nevermind all that . . . I'm here for a fourth go around and now I'm going to lead the X-Men . . ." That's all fine and well, but then what? I just don't see the story getting any more powerful or poignant than it already is for him.

I like Magneo but I agree. It is time for a new villian besides Mags, men, or machines.

WorthyStevens4 said:
I hope so. And if Sinister appears sometime during this movie, that's it for me. Add in the fact that Simon has previously said that Fox is interested in Archangel, and that the makers are waiting to give Gambit a prominent role later on down the line...

i am glad they didnt show the pics of his wings in X2 at the weapon x facility. It just gets to be too much. Wolverine is special cause he is from there... and very few others share his nightmares. And from what i understand once gambit steps up... wolvie is going to step down. Cause the characters are too much for the same screen. From what i read in X2 times!

the problem with villans in these big comics is the fact that they get like one or two great ones... then no other one sticks. IE. Mags, and umm...umm.... umm... apocolypse? He is not a good movie translation. Spidey has several thankfully. Daredevil has kingpen. Cap had red skull. Hulk had abodimation. But Xmen is really kinda screw cause thier best two returning villans are the biggest bad ass ever MAGS and the second coolest... HUMANITY! But really... who could step up for mags? and be that cool?

I don't want to see Magneto die b/c he's been one of my favourite characters from the movies. So, if there is an X4 and there's going to be a new villain (Sinister?), I think it should be a mutant villain, definitely. It'd be quite interesting to see how Magneto will react (that is, if he doesn't die).

There are so many storylines left that they haven't explored. It would be a shame to just kill the characters and not bring them back..all the more reasons why I want Sinister to be the villain. He does genetic clonings. I don't know, maybe he could just clone all the dead characters. :o

sinisters fine if you do the ULTIMATE version... just more real that way... and no relation to scott

How was Sinister in the Ultimate version? What's his history?

Sandman138 said:
Have her regress. This story has a lot to do with her childhood and current instability. Would it be that hard to imagine her mentally going back to a younger age, and thus losing the abilities that she has gained? It would be cool, because sh would be back on the side of the angels, but all the angels would know what she is capable of, making it hard for her to fit in.
I say the best way to write jean off would be to have her take the cure. That way she'll still be alive and she won't be all powerful. She can still play part as an X-men. Just not that active.

I'd rather to see her not die (b/c she already "died" in the last movie and I really don't want to see it again) and she should just leave the X-Men in the end or something. It'd be nice to finally see her embrace her Phoenix powers in the end, too.

Having her die again would be kind of redundant, but what's gonna happen to her after the final battle if she doesn't die? Most likely she'll have to leave the X-Men, but I'm not too sure if I can see that happening, considering all the damage she's done.

Where would Jean go if she left the X-Men? That would leave too many open and unanswered questions. Having her ultimate power englulf her would be more understandable.

chaseter said:
Where would Jean go if she left the X-Men? That would leave too many open and unanswered questions. Having her ultimate power englulf her would be more understandable.

I agree. I think giving her the cure would be lame. I'd rather have a dead Jean than a powerless Jean.

As far as future films. I think that the only way I feel it would be successful is if they did plan out another trilogy. If they made a fourth just for the sake of making a fourth, then it could tarnish the first 3 films (if the third film holds up at all). But if they plan another story arc/trilogy with the younger mutants it might work. Assuming Wolverine, Jean, Cyclops, and Storm aren't there (for whatever reason; personally they might start looking too old) they might need a big name to jumpstart the series (i.e. Halle Berry, though to be fair Hugh was practically an unknown before Wolverine so they might not need an A lister).

I think Gambit is a must though. If the older mutants are gone, I think Gambit's character could generate enough buzz to have people interested. My hope is that they at least try to keep the same level of quality. It's no secret that movie sequels tend to deteriorate, but if planned correctly it could work.

There hasn't been enough time after her last death for her to die again. They'll probably play it out differently.

And even though Magneto is my favorite villain, I dont want him back for X4. Finish his story and lets have some closure. Time for some new stuff in X4.

I'd like either all the central cast to return (Famke, Hugh, Halle and Marsden) or none of them, and have a film focusing on Beast, Iceman, Rogue, etc.

There hasn't been enough time? Jean is one of the two major plot arc for X3. She will have sufficient time for us to understand and be explained what has happened to her. Having her die...would complete her story arc. Look at her power stages. X1 - Small, coping with them X2 - Expanding powers, cannot control some X3 - Ultimate power and cannot control most of it. What is next for Jean if her character doesn't die? It is more fitting if her newly acquired powers consume her.

chaseter said:
There hasn't been enough time? Jean is one of the two major plot arc for X3. She will have sufficient time for us to understand and be explained what has happened to her. Having her die...would complete her story arc. Look at her power stages. X1 - Small, coping with them X2 - Expanding powers, cannot control some X3 - Ultimate power and cannot control most of it. What is next for Jean if her character doesn't die? It is more fitting if her newly acquired powers consume her.

What Balrog meant was that it would be dumb to have her "die" in X2 and X4.

I highly doubt we will see most of the big names that are in X3 to return for an X4. We will most likely see Beast, Angel, Colossus, Kitty, Rogue, Iceman, and a few other smaller actors. I would love and die if all the cast in X3 came back for X4...but I highly doubt it will happen. That is why I suggested that the mutant massacre storyline be introduced so that we can use some of the lower characters we have here and then be able to introduce new ones like Gambit and Sinister to take over the larger roles.

It would be incredibly cool if they showed Glow Worm in this film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"