• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

My First Girlfriend Is Getting Married

jaguarr said:
I get where you're coming from, Erz. When the girl I was engaged to in college got married a couple of years after we broke up, I experienced was a really odd sort of feeling upon hearing about it. Probably because she had ended things where I hadn't wanted to and I kind of got blindsided by all of that and right about the time I got my head back on straight again and had started to move on, her getting married came up and made some of those old wounds hurt again just a tad. It took me some time to just realize I needed to be happy for her since it just wasn't meant to be for her and I, and keep on moving forward for myself.

jag
In this situation, I recommend that one remind oneself of the current divorce rate and the percentage of americans acctually in happy marriages.

AmazinUncleBen said:
Ah thats nothing, the girl I dated 4 months ago just got engaged last week and we're only entering college this fall.

Well those wounds may be more fresh and like I said this isn't about love unrequited but almost just looking back and reminiscing.

Here's a similar story. I broke up with a girl I dated for two years because she started cheating on me. Now on her defense, I had already left town for a year (I joined the Navy) and would come home for a couple of weeks every six months. We did the letter writing and phone calling almost everyday, in any case, it was not enough.
A couple of years later her brother asked me to be his kids godfather. I said yes since I was still in contact with her family (I was also still friends with her too). So one time I go home to visit my goddaugher who was upstairs with her parents while my ex was down stairs with the new boyfriend and her mom. My goddaugher's parents were talking to each other while I was visitng my goddaugher and I heard, "Have they told her?" "No, I don't think so" So I ask, "what are you guys talking about?" "Oh", one replies, "Rachel (my ex-) is pregnant and they are telling her mom". :eek: That sucked! They didn't even think that it would bother me. It was totally unexpected. They must of told her soon after I got there, because as I was leaving their house, the grand-ma to be (who had been crying) gave me a hug and whispered, "I really wish you were the dad". I replied, "Yeah, me too." :( They never got married, but I think they are still together. The real sad thing is that when the baby was younger (2-3) I would spend more time with her than her own dad would.

Spidey Rules 2 said:
Here's a similar story. I broke up with a girl I dated for two years because she started cheating on me. Now on her defense, I had already left town for a year (I joined the Navy) and would come home for a couple of weeks every six months. We did the letter writing and phone calling almost everyday, in any case, it was not enough.
A couple of years later her brother asked me to be his kids godfather. I said yes since I was still in contact with her family (I was also still friends with her too). So one time I go home to visit my goddaugher who was upstairs with her parents while my ex was down stairs with the new boyfriend and her mom. My goddaugher's parents were talking to each other while I was visitng my goddaugher and I heard, "Have they told her?" "No, I don't think so" So I ask, "what are you guys talking about?" "Oh", one replies, "Rachel (my ex-) is pregnant and they are telling her mom". :eek: That sucked! They didn't even think that it would bother me. It was totally unexpected. They must of told her soon after I got there, because as I was leaving their house, the grand-ma to be (who had been crying) gave me a hug and whispered, "I really wish you were the dad". I replied, "Yeah, me too." :( They never got married, but I think they are still together. The real sad thing is that when the baby was younger (2-3) I would spend more time with her than her own dad would.

that's really sad :(

Spidey Rules 2 said:
For a second there I thought that said "I really wish you were dead" :o

Ronny Shade said:
For a second there I thought that said "I really wish you were dead" :o

The new grandmother-to-be probably thought of that about her new "son in law", well, they never got married, so what would he be to her, "the guy that scr-w-d my daugher and didn't marry her" person?:confused:

Ronny Shade said:
yeah that sucks :down

Yeah, sure does and you'd think it would all end there, right? Wrong. I still see my goddaughter and if it's a birthday (or sporting event), my ex- is there as well, along with her boyfriend. My wife isn't very pleased. I last dated this girl when I was 19, I'm 36 now and I still get sh-t about it from my wife. The only good thing about all this is that it does bother him (the boyfriend) whenever he sees me. :p I guess it pays to be first! :D

Hey Erzengel, are you sure it's your ex-? It could be someone else with the same name.

Ronny Shade said:
In this situation, I recommend that one remind oneself of the current divorce rate and the percentage of americans acctually in happy marriages.

Nahhh. If I'd have married that girl I never would have met the woman who is now my wife and SHE is definitely the one for me. :up:

jag

Spidey Rules 2 said:
Yeah, sure does and you'd think it would all end there, right? Wrong. I still see my goddaughter and if it's a birthday (or sporting event), my ex- is there as well, along with her boyfriend. My wife isn't very pleased. I last dated this girl when I was 19, I'm 36 now and I still get sh-t about it from my wife. The only good thing about all this is that it does bother him (the boyfriend) whenever he sees me. :p I guess it pays to be first! :D

Hey Erzengel, are you sure it's your ex-? It could be someone else with the same name.

She had a very unique name. Middle initial, age and location matches up as well.

jaguarr said:
Nahhh. If I'd have married that girl I never would have met the woman who is now my wife and SHE is definitely the one for me. :up:

jag
well you weren't married when that happened, right?

That's what I meant.

Erzengel said:
She had a very unique name. Middle initial, age and location matches up as well.
Shakwandanuka Barandutha?

I called her Wanda for short.

Spidey Rules 2 said:

tell your wife to stop *****ing.

:eek: Please tell me that it's not Wanda from Wakanda? :eek:

I just ignore my wife now. If I have any response to her comments it will only get worse.

Erzengel said:
I just stumbled upon a newspaper that said my first girlfriend just applied for a marriage license.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for her and there are no feelings of loss or forelorn love. I haven't talked to her in years but it just feels really weird. It's hard to explain and I don't even know why I'm posting this. :o

who cares?

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stevezorz
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"