My Mom Made It For Me: The Superman Suit Thread

I like the simplicity in that art work. I enjoyed hid trunksless version too.

I kinda hope we get boot designed inspired by this

1000008995.jpg

This is basically what I see in everyone's mock ups using Gunns new symbol. It suuuuucks
The people making these owe you nothing and just do it for their own fun and imagination.

I feel like the modern internet has made people really unappreciative of fan work, like they are owed something.

You will get the final vision soon and complain or yay it but these aren't people being paid for their art.

swanson-yay.gif

The people making these owe you nothing and just do it for their own fun and imagination.

I feel like the modern internet has made people really unappreciative of fan work, like they are owed something.

You will get the final vision soon and complain or yay it but these aren't people being paid for their art.

Probably should have been clearer, I was referring specifically to the shield design - I agree 100%, these are talented people with the exact same passion I have for this. I did MoS fan art on the run up to its release. These renders / mock ups / photoshops are great, far beyond my capability and will keep us going until the real reveal and then long after.

For me the shield is the most important element of the suit, so to see these great renditions (and potentially the final suit) punctuated with a shield which reminds me of a symbol like this just hurts a little
sign.jpg
And thats on the film makers, not these fans.

I'm hoping the real thing is curvier and not as harsh, rendering all my concerns over blown and making me look stupid for worrying in the first place :cool:

Is this round enough??

That one looks very close to me. I just think the yellow border will be thicker with slight more curve than the red so that it curves away from it just a tad, but we are getting much warmer! :up:

That one looks very close to me. I just think the yellow border will be thicker with slight more curve than the red so that it curves away from it just a tad, but we are getting much warmer! :up:
I want to see a shot of the suit just to see if you are right, because my prediction is that the gold trim will be a consistent thickness all the way around.

I've extremely exaggerated so it is easier to visualize, but you predict it will be like this where it is thinnest at its corners, thickest at the midpoint of a line segment, right?
curvedg.jpg

I want to see a shot of the suit just to see if you are right, because my prediction is that the gold trim will be a consistent thickness all the way around.

I've extremely exaggerated so it is easier to visualize, but you predict it will be like this where it is thinnest at its corners, thickest at the midpoint of a line segment, right?
View attachment 84477
Definitely exaggerated but yeah that’s the basic idea. The yellow border will still have points though lol.

I am literally trying to do an investigation over here to get to the bottom of this, trying to compare the border with the individual stitches that we can see. Definitely possible, hard to say. In the middle where it would be its thickest I am seeing the same length as maybe 1.5 to 2 stitches. Far end is harder to tell, looks like it could be less. :shrug:

stitches.jpg

Last edited:
I am literally trying to do an investigation over here to get to the bottom of this, trying to compare the border with the individual stitches that we can see. Definitely possible, hard to say. In the middle where it would be its thickest I am seeing the same length as maybe 1.5 to 2 stitches. Far end is harder to tell, looks like it could be under.

View attachment 84483
These are the moments of fandom I cherish. :funny:

If it helps, look at the top border. That’s the part that gives me the clearest impression of the border getting thicker towards the middle, because you can see how thin it gets at the corner.

These are the moments of fandom I cherish. :funny:

If it helps, look at the top border. That’s the part that gives me the clearest impression of the border getting thicker towards the middle, because you can see how thin it gets at the corner.
An uneven boarder sounds pretty silly... But we shall see. I need this to be over with

It's not uneven. :funny: Still symmetrical, just curves outward.
Have you got an image that you think best represents what you are seeing? I really hope your enjoyment for this film isn't riding on the curvature of the symbol :p

Have you got an image that you think best represents what you are seeing? I really hope your enjoyment for this film isn't riding on the curvature of the symbol :p
I truly could not care less. :funny: This has absolutely nothing to do with preference, as I’ve already seen it and I like it. I just care about accuracy! So far, the fan art has simply not been accurate to what’s been shown. That’s all.

And no, I haven’t seen one posted here that’s 100% accurate, and I haven’t been looking elsewhere, either. So we’ll just have to wait until the suit reveal for y’all to see what I’m talking about I guess!

We should poll Superfans on what minuscule costume/appearance detail matters most to them:

Trunks
Curved S Logo
Spit Curl
Yellow S on the Cape
Notch at the Top of the Boots
Wide Collar
Oval-Shaped Belt Buckle
Clean Shaven
Butt Chin

Did I miss any?

The thing I'm most worried about regarding the suit is the collar. I'll admit I used to like the look of it when I was younger, but collars go hand-in-hand with rank and elitism to me, and I just don't think it's right for a guy with a blue collar upbringing like Clark. I won't throw a fit or automatically hate the suit if it has one, but that's a preference thing I feel more strongly about than the shield or trunks, tbh.

We should poll Superfans on what minuscule costume/appearance detail matters most to them:

Trunks
Curved S Logo
Spit Curl
Yellow S on the Cape
Notch at the Top of the Boots
Wide Collar
Oval-Shaped Belt Buckle
Clean Shaven
Butt Chin

Did I miss any?
For me it would likely be between collar and S on cape. I don't often think of the collar because I assume they will get it right, so I lean S on cape.

For me it would likely be between collar and S on cape. I don't often think of the collar because I assume they will get it right, so I lean S on cape.

Yeah, I assume they know that giving Supes a collar or a tightly fitting neckline looks like crap but we’ll see. As for the cape… I would love to see the S but I guess I’ve gotten used to not seeing it now so it won’t really bother me either way.

The thing I'm most worried about regarding the suit is the collar. I'll admit I used to like the look of it when it was younger, but collars go hand-in-hand with rank and elitism to me, and I just don't think it's right for a guy with a blue collar upbringing like Clark. I won't throw a fit or automatically hate the suit if it has one, but that's a preference thing I feel more strongly about than the shield or trunks, tbh.

So what you’re saying is that Superman having a blue collar upbringing should reflect itself in the absence of a literal blue collar? :funny:

I agree with you, btw; it’s just funny when you put it that way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"