Mysterious phone call with a stranger who called w/ my friend's number

Timstuff

Avenger
Reaction score
OK, this is some seriously weird stuff right here. I got what I thought was a call from a friend who transfered out of my school-- his name appeared on my phone when it was ringing, so I picked it up. Something was off about the way he was talking, though. His voice was slightly different than I remembered, and he was speaking in with a much more hesitant / shy sentence structure, using a minimalist amount of words and leaving a lot of awkward pauses in our conversation. He seemed to have knowledge of a lot of stuff about the school though, and even brought up the topic of girls at school, which was something me and my friend would talk about occasionally, and he even asked about which professors I had this year, and knew the name of one I couldn't remember.

But then get this-- one of us lost our reception, and I think it was on the caller's end. So I got into my call history and see my friend's number at the top of the list, and then I give him a call. I got the answering service, and left him a message saying that the call got dropped and to call back when he got the chance. So my friend calls back, except it turns out that he never made the first call! I was talking to someone completely different, who somehow was using my friend's number! He was as confused as I was, and now I'm really freaked out. Was someone impersonating my friend and using their number, or could this possibly have been some bizarre coincidence caused by a fluke at the phone company? And that still doesn't answer the question of who the heck I was talking to.

You were probably talking to the devil or something. You shouldn't sleep alone tonight.

I have a feeling you are going to mysteriously dissapear within a week.

Well it looks like *glasses* you've got a ghost.

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAH!

Clearly you've gotten a cross-dimensional phone call from that alternate dimension where everything is the same except for our phone numbers.

Hmm... This could be answered pretty easily actually.

Is Bill Cosby your dad?

If I were a psychic, and I'm not, I would say...you have nothing to worry about. But you probably do.

I am a psychic and I say you should worry.

Clearly you've gotten a cross-dimensional phone call from that alternate dimension where everything is the same except for our phone numbers.

For all we know this could be the alternate Timstuff crossing into the wrong dimension.

I'm gonna stick by my theory that your friend is messing with your head. Bc if your gonna mess with someones mind do it to someone who you know it can get to. He got what he wanted bc he chose you and your nervous.

But of course keep your guard up bc you never can tell anymore.

Go straight to your phone company with this and see if they can help you straighten it out. It's possible your friend was just playing a prank on you, it's also possible someone was impersonating your friend to try and find out information about you for God only knows what reasons. If he asked what Professors you have then he could be trying to figure out what classes you have so he can find you. If he seemed to already know some things about you he could actually be someone you know or he could be a stalker who has already been doing a lot of research.

I wouldn't fool around with this kind of thing for a second, even if it does turn out to be some kind of mistake or a harmless prank. Go to your phone company ASAP and tell them what's going on. They should be able to look up records and see exactly who was calling from where. Also ask your friend (make sure it's really your friend) what they were doing at the time of the call, whether they were near their phone or if it's possible someone else could have used it without them knowing. And if it was your friend the whole time playing a trick on you or something then go ahead and punch him in the face.

This sounds like the thing a friend of mine did to another friend a while ago - he got some kind of program that messed with the caller ID. Basically, when he called the other friend, it would come up as a random name in his contact list.

What you mistook for your friend was actually the girl who has secretly loved you since the third grade. She masked her identity just for an opportunity to talk to you, but now that she knows you're aware of her lame attempt to break the ice by reading this thread she's likely to never make another attempt again. Sad thing is, she's completely hot once she takes off the glasses.

Or your friend is trolling you. Whichever works best.

EDIT: Quick Reply is my new nemesis.

This sounds like the thing a friend of mine did to another friend a while ago - he got some kind of program that messed with the caller ID. Basically, when he called the other friend, it would come up as a random name in his contact list.

I just read an article about a service that "spoofs" caller IDs, allows people to record conversations, alter their voice, and lets people break into voice mail accounts by masking their caller ID as whatever number they please for a fee ranging between $10 and $80. Even $10 seems awfully expensive for a prank, but hey, you never know with some kids... Still, it's creepy that someone was impersonating my friend. If it happens again, I'm going to try "testing" them to see just how much they know about me.

Looks like your life... is on the line.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"