Name That Reboot: Title Suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Superman:The Man of Steel would do

The Death of Superman

Superman Lives

Superman: I Don't Drive a Tank but I'm still Relevant?

Superman: Nuclear Man Strikes Back

Superman: He's in this one for more than 30 minutes

Superman Speaks

Superman is Keysor Soze

American Dad : Superman

Superman goes to Summer Camp

I'll tell you which titles will sound ignorant "THE MAN OF STEEL" and "SUPERMAN STAYS". I would name the sequel

SUPERMAN:FATE OF DESTINY
SUPERMAN: REIGN OF JUSTICE
SUPERMAN VERACITY

I quite like the SR theme.

Superman Ruined

Black Goblin said:
Superman Returns: Returns
hahaha. awesome! :up: how about: "Superman vs Chuck Norris"? i'd pay to see that!

from ign:November 9, 2006 - With Bryan Singer now confirmed as the director of the next Superman movie, the rumor mill has offered up what may very well be the title for the sequel.

According to IESB.net, the working title for the follow-up to Superman Returns will be Superman: The Man of Steel. The site says Warner Bros. had no comment.

Singer advised fans at this year's Comic-Con that the sequel will be the Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan to the first film's Star Trek: The Motion Picture, meaning more action and less talk.

In related news, The Honolulu Advertiser caught up with Bryan Singer and learned that the Superman sequel "will likely begin production mid- to late next year in a location yet to be determined."

X-Men veteran Singer also expressed interest in helming Hugh Jackman's Wolverine spinoff.

Think they'll keep the Superman in?

Or they'll have it fly solo along the lines of "The Dark Knight"?

I don't know, but I would love either one of those titles!

Hmmm, you gotta wonder how legit it is. It can't exactly have a title without some form of script can it? Although I do quite like The Man of Steel. It mirrors the Dark Knight title nicely.

I love that title and i hope they use it. Somone suggested it in this forum. Heres the full story....

Superman Sequel Has A Working Title

Written by Robert Sanchez
Thursday, 09 November 2006

A few weeks ago, we broke the story that director Bryan Singer had signed on to direct the sequel to Superman Returns. This week, we can reveal that the new film does in fact have a working title.

While we can’t guarantee that this will be the final title of the film, as of right now the sequel project is being referred to as Superman: The Man of Steel.

What you think?

For me, I like it. Simple, nostalgic…it conjures up thoughts of major action that was lacking a bit in “Returns.” Actually, it’s very similar to Nolan’s The Dark Knight, if they decide to drop the Superman part.

I contacted the reps over at Warner Bros. to ask if they had any comment regarding the working title. The official response earlier today was "no comment."

Update

We just received a quick note from a WB rep who believes that the working title of The Man of Steel may not be accurate. We have double checked our sources and we are being told that even though it is early, that is the name being used for now.

So while it’s too early to tell what to expect in the new film, considering there is no script as of yet, Bryan and his merry band of writers know exactly where they are headed.

Like any good filmmaker, Bryan has laid the groundwork and has confirmed there are many clues in “Returns” that hint to what direction the sequel will take. He has also said that the next film will be very, “Wrath of Khan.”

If I had to take an educated guess, Jason White, his love child with Lois Lane, is going to be a big focus of the sequel. If I had to take another educated guess, Superman will be challenged by his old nemesis, General Zod.

However, Zod will not be alone in his quest of vengeance against Jo-Rel and his son Ka-Lel. I believe that Zod will team up with other villains and maybe, just maybe, his cross hairs will be aimed directly at The Man of Steel’s heir, Jason White.

What’s for certain? Only that The Man of Steel will be back on the big screen mid-2009.
Source: http://www.iesb.net/index.php?optio...age=1&category=featured&article=632&Itemid=27

I'm down with Man of Steel. That's the smarter choice, anyway.

If they continue with the "Returns, Lives, Begins " material, they'll be doing it that way until the film series is over, and there are only so many catchy singular subtitles that end in "s".

It's not going to be called, THE CHALLENGE OF THE SUEPRFRIENDS?

I'm dissapointed.

I think in the end it'll be called LUTHOR STRIKES BACK or SUPERMAN VS ANOTHER GREAT BIG CHUNK OF LUTHOR REAL ESTATE or WRATH OF THE WIGS.

If I had to take an educated guess, Jason White, his love child with Lois Lane, is going to be a big focus of the sequel. If I had to take another educated guess, Superman will be challenged by his old nemesis, General Zod.

However, Zod will not be alone in his quest of vengeance against Jo-Rel and his son Ka-Lel. I believe that Zod will team up with other villains and maybe, just maybe, his cross hairs will be aimed directly at The Man of Steel’s heir, Jason White.

Oh yeah I'm really looking forward to this. It has "Wrath of Khan written all over it. :whatever:

you know what's so sad?

Because Superman Returns wasn't the event movie of the year (sorry if you're a fan, I'm not trying to be cynical), there's pressure on Singer's part to 'deliever' with the sequel.

And from I can tell, Singer is putting his smaller movie (about the gay mayor of San Fran) on hold. Doesn't that suck?

raybia said:

Oh yeah I'm really looking forward to this. It has "Wrath of Khan written all over it. :whatever:
lol, more like Wrath of the Ripoff if you ask me...

you know what's so sad?

Because Superman Returns wasn't the event movie of the year (sorry if you're a fan, I'm not trying to be cynical), there's pressure on Singer's part to 'deliever' with the sequel.

And from I can tell, Singer is putting his smaller movie (about the gay mayor of San Fran) on hold. Doesn't that suck?

I wouldn't say that it sucks. It just goes to show how hard he's willing to work to keep the franchise alive and to hopefully appease fans who may have been disappointed with Returns. Say what you will about the man, but he obviously cares.

yeah, but i'm saying there's more pressure on Singer's part now. He can't do the smaller indie movie like what Nolan did with The Prestiage.

Think about it: It's been....almost 6-7 years since Singer actually did a non-comic book movie.

Wesyeed said:
It's not going to be called, THE CHALLENGE OF THE SUEPRFRIENDS?

I'm dissapointed.

I think in the end it'll be called LUTHOR STRIKES BACK or SUPERMAN VS ANOTHER GREAT BIG CHUNK OF LUTHOR REAL ESTATE or WRATH OF THE WIGS.

How about SUPERMAN AND THE RISE OF THE PIANO CHUCKER? Or WRATH OF THE STEINWAY? :woot:

Superman Man of Steel is good. It brings with it great responsibilties though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"