NBC's ''Timeless''

I'm glad it looks like a keeper for NBC.

The show got one over on me, because I fully expected they'd have Wyatt stay behind to die in The Alamo, so they could pull the rug out from under us GoT style.

Only got three episodes picked up. RIP.

A shame because I am really enjoying this show.

He thinks because it wasn't the normal 22 episodes that the series is just running on borrowed time. I think the shorter season would be best for the series. If it holds on to the #1 rating at that time slot during it remaining season 1 run. It'll get renewed. Then it gets ****ed over by NBC when they move it to another night.

13 - 16 episodes per season is good for shows like Timeless and other case-of-the-week basic network shows. 22-24 episode seasons have way too much filler.

Creatively, I prefer shorter seasons like you get on HBO, AMC, Starz, etc. I completely agree with what you say.

But it isn't how the major networks work. A rookie fall show not getting its back nine ordered is a very bad sign. The ratings haven't been that bad, so maybe it is just too expensive or something.

It must be a fairly expensive show, since they have all the period costumes and sets. They've had to recreate several key moments of American history, which wasn't something that Quantum Leap did on a weekly basis. While there were some key moments, most of Quantum Leap's stories were just set in everyday past settings.

It must be a fairly expensive show, since they have all the period costumes and sets. They've had to recreate several key moments of American history, which wasn't something that Quantum Leap did on a weekly basis. While there were some key moments, most of Quantum Leap's stories were just set in everyday past settings.

Timeless looks way better than Legends of Tomorrow does with the same basic concept. So yeah, I imagine the budget is high.

Creatively, I prefer shorter seasons like you get on HBO, AMC, Starz, etc. I completely agree with what you say.

But it isn't how the major networks work. A rookie fall show not getting its back nine ordered is a very bad sign. The ratings haven't been that bad, so maybe it is just too expensive or something.

Its happens more than you think. The networks dont give every freshman show 22 episode seasons anymore. Chicago PD had a 15 episode season 1. Chicago Fire had an 18 episode season 1. Sleepy Hollow had a 13 episode season 1. Agent Carter had an 8 episode season 1. Castle had a 10 episode season 1. How to Get Away with Murder has had three 15 episode seasons.

And Im sure there are plenty other shows that had short seasons on the four big networks.

Castle was a mid-season replacement though. And Agent Carter was to fill in the break between Agents of SHIELD, so it was never going to be more than 8.

There is a big difference between a show that is announced as having a limited schedule and one that fails to get its back nine picked up.

The ratings are small enough that NBC could opt not to renew it (based on high production costs) or stick it on Fridays for season two. If it does get a second season it won't be back on Mondays.

The network is at a point where it has a stable lineup of dramas after the Jay Leno Show debacle hurt them.

Timeless could be the show not be renewed simply because of its cost and average ratings. There's 5 new dramas and 4 new comedies yet to premiere this season, plus whatever new shows they pick up for next fall.

I've enjoyed the few episodes I've watched, but as I said back in May, I would've rather seen it as a movie franchise.

The TV Grim Reaper has knocked Timeless down to Likely to be Cancelled.

That's not good. Can another station pick it up instead?

It is in the Week 8, November 7th Predictions.

It is in the Week 8, November 7th Predictions.

That was quite a jump in just one week. From 4 smiles to two frowns. And yet only dropped from 102% to 97%. He's got 5 other NBC shows, including the new show The Good Place, with a lower percentage and yet all of them have four smiles. He explains why, but still is seems rather severe.

So the heroes are working for the villains and the villain may be a good guy after all?

And here I am still waiting for NBC to bring back "My Name is Earl..."

So the heroes are working for the villains and the villain may be a good guy after all?

that's what I'M getting out of all this, as well... I'm starting to look at Flynn a little more sympathetically... Rittenhouse really seems to be the big bad now more than ever...

Yep. Rittenhouse killed his family. Maybe we'll find out that they killed Wyatt's wife too. If that happens, maybe he'll be more open to listening to Flynn. What if they do that to Rufus's family as well. Then they'll all be joining forces. Flynn ought to really tell his story to the other two. In fact, they should all sit down and talk.

And Lucy's father is the big bad. Funny this week how she was told to wait outside instead.

did anyone else think that "The Doc" might be related to Mason or Rufus? she said that Rittenhouse members are kinda born into it, and that could explain how either one of them got involved

if i were Lucy, i'd go see her professor and ask her questions about Doc to see if he remembers her

That's what I wondered. I thought she could be Mason's mother, or perhaps Rufus's. But then surely Rufus would recognise his own mother.

Do they get stranded somewhere next week? That's what I'm reading in some of the episode previews.

And how long do people reckon it might be before the time team catch on that Flynn maybe isn't the villain and decide to team up with him to take down Rittenhouse? But if that happens, Lucy, Wyatt and Rufus can't use the time ship from Mason Industries anymore. They would have to use the one that Flynn uses, unless they steal the one they've been using themselves.

But let's say they do team up. Then how does the plot of this series progress? Are they all just going back through time to change history now instead of preventing any time aberrations? And would they have a new team from Mason Industries (and Rittenhouse) chasing after them, doing their old job to stop history from being altered?

Fun stuff on the last episode, I barely understood what was said in French but C+ for the effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ohkeelay
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"