Neon Genesis Evangelion Mega Thread

Tsunulia said:
*waggles bottom lip*.....................................................but I like the way it was done the first time. It's gonna take a lot to get me to like a live action.........................speshaly since a ton of live action things like this get so jacked up that's it not even funny :( If this happens they better get it right or I'll hunt them down and make them do right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Hey, let me put it to ya this way:

V for Vendetta: You liked both the book and the movie, right? Well, I don't know about you, but I liked them both for different reasons.

If the people doing Eva are just as careful about the series as the guys that did V were about it's respective book, it will be just as good, just in different ways. :)

Yeah, that's what my opinion is, as well. The Evangelion movie, if it's good, will be complimentary to the Anime. It will be different, but still good, in a way that's a little different from the show. They're two different mediums, and that means they will be two different entities. Being different does not automatically mean it's not as good, it just means it's different. If you are going to dislike something just because it was a little different than the source material, then you are being a purist. And being a purist means being someone who's almost impossible to satasfy.

I'm not a purist. I just don't want to see this project get screwed up.

Still...i once heard a Eva movie annoucement on another forum and it was proven to be a hoax.Is there any real proof that this,infact is going to be a real movie?I still have my doubts.

Eva is just about finished on Cartoon Network,1 episode left...

Jourmugand said:
Still...i once heard a Eva movie annoucement on another forum and it was proven to be a hoax.Is there any real proof that this,infact is going to be a real movie?I still have my doubts.

Eva is just about finished on Cartoon Network,1 episode left...

I haven't been able to keep up through all the schedule changes they do. When duz the last one come on?

We know that the movie is for real because Richard Taylor from Weta and Matt Greenfield from ADV won't shut up about it. :p

It's most certainly real. But where the doubt lies is wether or not it's going anywhere yet. Supposedly several A-list directors are interested, but the trio of ADV, Gainax, and Weta aren't saying who they are. Also, no studio is attached yet, and until one is, we probably aren't going to be hearing a lot of actual news about the project.

Tsunulia said:
I'm not a purist. I just don't want to see this project get screwed up.

I hear ya, I'm just guessing since you have V all over your profile, that you'd get where we're coming from.

Ah that's cute. Another famous movie trailer audio track spliced with anime clips. This time Love Hina and Evangelion.

Normally voice-overs freak me out,but I admit the Dafoe/Gendo voice-over is probably one of the few that fit perfectly.

hmm, wonder what Dafoe would look like with a chin-strap beard....

Yep those are legit. But it looks like nothing has gone further than those pre-prod. sketches and a script treatment.

At least those sketches have the actual names and not the dummy names. I remember those dummy names scared a lot of fans.

Finally got to see an episode a few hours ago...I had no f**king idea what was going on, but it was still cool. :D

I suggest you see if they have volume one of the Platinum collection at your local Blockbuster and rent it. Evangelion is one of the last series on earth I'd reccomend jumping into the middle of. :p

Timstuff said:
I suggest you see if they have volume one of the Platinum collection at your local Blockbuster and rent it. Evangelion is one of the last series on earth I'd reccomend jumping into the middle of. :p

Yeah, all I could comprehend was that one of them was a
genetic expiriment
and the guy is a bit of a whiney b***h on wheels. :o

'Kay, finally was able to get the first part of the Plantinum edition. 'Twas pretty good, so far, though I wouldn't mind punching Senji in the face when he gets in his whine mode.

By the way, I noticed the motherf**kin' Brodie--Jason Lee--is part of the English cast. Who does he play? Was he Senji's father or something?

"Jason Lee" is a fairly common name, and as such, there are several credited actors with that name. The Jason Lee who provides a voice in NGE is not the Jason Lee from Kevin Smith and My Name is Earl fame, but somebody different

Elijya said:
"Jason Lee" is a fairly common name, and as such, there are several credited actors with that name. The Jason Lee who provides a voice in NGE is not the Jason Lee from Kevin Smith and My Name is Earl fame, but somebody different

Oh. Man, it would have rocked if Brodie was in it, and would have made NGE higher up in the badass catagory. :(

Well...Neon Genesis is over.Im hearing that some first time viewers are a bit let down by the ending.Now there is a new argument...do you think CN will show End Of Evangelion?

Jourmugand said:
Well...Neon Genesis is over.Im hearing that some first time viewers are a bit let down by the ending.Now there is a new argument...do you think CN will show End Of Evangelion?

not a chance, unless they edit it, then we'll only get about 15 minutes worth of it

He's also married to Amanda Winn Lee, the English voice of Rei.

Okay, got part II of the Plantinum series. Pretty good stuff.

Whoever said Shenji was a b***h obviously didn't remember the German chick. Damn, that girl needed to be slapped a few times.

It would be good if CN could somehow show EoE, but it will inevitably have to be edited. I'm not sure how they'd go about aquiring the rights though, since I think I heard that they're currently held by one of the cable movie channels. They'll obviousely have to air it at midnight with an MA rating. I suspect that a lot of the gore shots will be cut short, and Shinji's little jerk-off scene will be edited a lot, if they don't cut it out completely.

They need to get around to showing EoE eventually though, because otherwise they're going to leave a lot of first-time viewers feeling sour about the series. Even if they have to "clean it up", it's better than not showing it at all.

Timstuff said:
It would be good if CN could somehow show EoE, but it will inevitably have to be edited. I'm not sure how they'd go about aquiring the rights though, since I think I heard that they're currently held by one of the cable movie channels. They'll obviousely have to air it at midnight with an MA rating. I suspect that a lot of the gore shots will be cut short, and Shinji's little jerk-off scene will be edited a lot, if they don't cut it out completely.

They need to get around to showing EoE eventually though, because otherwise they're going to leave a lot of first-time viewers feeling sour about the series. Even if they have to "clean it up", it's better than not showing it at all.

...Jerk-off scene? :o

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
evilAIS
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"