The Dark Knight New Joker Picture Message (6/25)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The puzzle has been solved.
One part has. We believe there's another layer, because the images were sent with two messages. We've got the "substitution," now for the "amazed." :cwink:

I'm refering to the talk that there is more to this puzzle then just what has been found...

I think there are programs (online? I dunno, I haven't checked) where you can enter in a code and it will spit out the substitution cypher for you.

Or it was by trial-and-error. It's not impossible that way, just time-consuming. :oldrazz:

ive collected some web-based decryptors at the top of the timecode thread. Taken as a group they can crack pretty much anything.

OK I've got a couple spare hours. It strikes me that (if you want to keep puzzling, and I do) the easiest way to de-maze the images is to translate the edges.

Here's what I mean. The symbol alphabet is:
symbol_alpha.jpg

So the character 'A' has four edges
symbol_a.jpg

with (clockwise from top) the following colors:
GGPG = 1
GPGG = 2
GPPG = 3
GPGG = 2
------------
|111111111|
|2xxxxxxxx2|
|2xxxxxxxx2|
|2xxxxxxxx2|
|333333333|
------------

Now the lining up the images to form a continuous maze is the same as solving one of those 'tetravex' puzzles and im sure there's a solver out there.

I am trying to wrap my head around the four corners, can you explain that again cause I am not following?.

I am trying to wrap my head around the four corners, can you explain that again cause I am not following?.

im just trying to de-maze the image. I dunno if anything will come up (don't really expect it to).

I'm suggesting you first translate our problem into a tetravex-type problem, then use existing solvers. eternityeditor-1.1.0.jar is one.

It looks to me like he broke each edge up into 4 equal parts and then took the colors in order, either Green or Purple.

im just trying to de-maze the image. I dunno if anything will come up (don't really expect it to).

I'm suggesting you first translate our problem into a tetravex-type problem, then use existing solvers. eternityeditor-1.1.0.jar is one.

<blinks> whoa! tetravex puzzles like this are NP-complete. State space is 21! * 21^4 = 2.2470034 × 10^32 possibilities large. I think I'll scrap that as an afternoon's idle puzzler.

I guess I am still considered a noob but I read all of the new posts in every thread several times a day. I just don't want to post unnessecary messages if I can help it.

As far as this puzzle goes, I have printed and cut up tons of these little squares and everything I have come up with is a stretch to say the least. I'm not saying there isn't anything, I'm just saying I haven't found it.

Keep up the good work everyone.
What have you come up with thus far? I've printed the squares myself and am currently cutting them out.

Even if its a stretch it may still be relavent.

I'm not usually one to dissuade somebody from chasing potential dead ends, as I am one to chase them myself.... but do you have any idea how difficult it would be to create a cypher/puzzle that has TWO separate solutions? The complexities of such a puzzle are mind boggling. If they were two completely separate portions of the puzzle that would be more possible, but using the same pieces to get two completely different outcomes? Highly, HIGHLY unlikely.

If this hasn't convinced you, I understand if you keep chasing this lead. I, unlike some others, won't condemn or laugh at you for chasing rainbows.

Well, I don't see how it would be that hard.

Solution 1: Pieces represent letters and spell out a phrase.
Solution 2: Pieces are put together to create a design.

I'm just starting to think that the pieces looking like they would create a design was a red herring to throw us off of finding the real solution (the phrase).

No, this is solved. Some people think that these pieces might come together to form a picture or words - so far we don't have anything, though.

I'm not usually one to dissuade somebody from chasing potential dead ends, as I am one to chase them myself.... but do you have any idea how difficult it would be to create a cypher/puzzle that has TWO separate solutions? The complexities of such a puzzle are mind boggling. If they were two completely separate portions of the puzzle that would be more possible, but using the same pieces to get two completely different outcomes? Highly, HIGHLY unlikely.

If this hasn't convinced you, I understand if you keep chasing this lead. I, unlike some others, won't condemn or laugh at you for chasing rainbows.

well as far as difficulty for a two stage cipher, itd be very very easy. Actually in ciphers its pretty standard to have dozens of stages. And, as I've shown, its been done before.

Now, a 12x12 tetravex puzzle with 16 unique symbols--that's hard.

if you have pictures of your attemps on how to make this (puzzle) i think we should post them so we are not lost or get stump(ed/t)(?)... but here is my start...
2614400145_25b7634a04.jpg

Dan, that looks pretty damn good, maybe there really is more to this.

Dan, that looks pretty damn good, maybe there really is more to this.

The thing with putting these pieces together is that I have no idea where the "M" piece would go. It doesn't fit anywhere.

if you have pictures of your attemps on how to make this (puzzle) i think we should post them so we are not lost or get stump(ed/t)(?)... but here is my start...
2614400145_25b7634a04.jpg
keep in mind that the original joker pics had several repeats of these letter symbols. Maybe theyll help.

keep in mind that the original joker pics had several repeats of these letter symbols. Maybe theyll help.

Thank You..
i was thinking that too and now i think i will add more because im stuck or just tired...who knows anymore...

I cut all the pieces into 4 and u can tell that theres somthin u can do with em like they make somthin any1 see anything I can do?

2ln79lv.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back