New Mutants New Mutants News and Discussion - Part 2

Disney still isn't beyond the tumble. Mergers can still fail even after regulatory approval completion & integration and Disney has had some failures before. Not all their acquisitions have been successful. That's why this will be a major test for Disney because it's the largest one yet they've done. It's success will depend on several factors including how well they can integrate the two companies, particularly business cultural integration. That could be a struggle for Disney going by what employees have said about Disney's practices and management. Time will tell. Until then, everyone's holding their breath.

I'm actually really surprised that this passed all the legal committees, etc, but I actually think it's gonna go smoothly now that it's past that stage.

I'm actually really surprised that this passed all the legal committees, etc, but I actually think it's gonna go smoothly now that it's past that stage.
That doesn't mean it will go smoothly. It's only moved on to the next stage for merger/acquisitions. International regulations may be more harsh, taking the full appropriate length for review. Brazil's regulatory process alone is projected to last well over the DOJ meager 6 months. Disney also need consent from regulators in 14 or so countries and the European Union. Remember, this deal has to be approved by ALL international regulators before it can close. It's also awaiting the approval of the Federal Communications Commission.

The DOJ approval was unusually quicker than analysts expected, leading many to speculate that political support for the Disney/Fox transaction made a difference. It's so hilarious that despite Trump's blessing for the deal, he could be the one to lead to its undoing according to what the Bloomberg reported: "that out of all 15 nations yet to approve the deal, China could become the biggest threat to the merger since the trade war with USA resulted in the merger between Qualcomm and NXP not being realized." Disney already missed their Quarterly earnings and Iger is banking everything on this merger.

Last edited:
The whole process has been relatively smooth so far, I don't believe there will be any hiccups that cannot be overcome, & while there will be layoffs, they're looking at different ways to minimize the damage.

Last edited:
Hasn't even started yet. The merger hasn't closed. Integration begin to take effect afterward in mid to late 2019 and will most likely last a year or two, maybe longer. There will be way more layoffs than any of Disney's previous acquisitions, that much is certain. Cultural integration is a whole other can of worms. Disney wouldn't be concerned about the damage. They've been through that before. Their eye is on the "bigger picture".

Just as Industry Focus noted:
The major thing that shareholders want to look to next is, when will this deal close? Past regulation from the U.S. side, U.S. regulators, have approved the deal, but we're looking for European regulators, Chinese regulators, major markets, to give their blessings on this deal. The last thing I want to point out about this merger is that both of these companies have a prodigious film studio operation. They're projecting $2 billion in cost savings and synergies by 2021. Part of this will be realized in cost-cutting. Both companies replicate many of their services in film, such as production, distribution, marketing. You'll see an emerging news story over the next few quarters of, unfortunately, layoffs, because so much in the film side of both businesses is duplicative and redundant. That has a good bottom line impact, but unfortunately it comes with people losing their jobs. All in all, for 2019, look late in the year for an impact. I really think you'll see most of the significant momentum start to happen in early 2020.

Last edited:

People thought Doj's approval could take up to mid 2019 but it happened way sooner. Anyway, it won't be long now. The Disney Age is coming!
The whole process has been relatively smooth so far, I don't believe there will be any hiccups that cannot be overcome, & while there will be layoffs, they're looking at different ways to minimize the damage.

Sounds good.

Article from wsj:

Unlike its sibling television studio, Fox’s movie studio is expected to be significantly downsized once the deal is complete. Only adding to the pressure is the reality that some employees are looking for other jobs. Some fear an exodus could start in late August, after the company hands out bonuses for the fiscal year that ended in June. To make sure Fox can continue operating smoothly, Chief Executive Stacey Snider has extended the contracts of many executives as long as company policy allows, typically through 2021, said people close to the studio.

Disney will release all of Fox’s movies that are complete or in production at the time of the acquisition, said a person with knowledge of its plans. It’s less certain what will happen to films still in development at the time of the takeover.
Hm. Perhaps New Mutants will see theatrical release after all.

Not official.
True but it's still the Wall Street Journal. You can believe Slugzilla but not WSJ? LOL. Slugzilla is not going to be on point with every scoop because at the end of the day he's just a FOX employee. He's not an executive nor a journalist. I'm not saying he's lying I'm just saying that WSJ is probs a little more credible and accurate than him.

True but it's still the Wall Street Journal. You can believe Slugzilla but not WSJ? LOL. Slugzilla is not going to be on point with every scoop because at the end of the day he's just a FOX employee. He's not an executive nor a journalist. I'm not saying he's lying I'm just saying that WSJ is probs a little more credible and accurate than him.

Doesn't go with the narrative desired.

No offence to slugzilla but i suspect he will be wrong about quite a few things he has said over the last few months and even if he is a fox employee i dunno how either valid and up to date his information is or whether he is hearing Chinese whispers.

there is just alot of stuff he has said that hasn't added up with whats been said elsewhere and i feel like if we are asked to believe him as an inside source giving us official scoops we may end up with many that never see the light of day.

Anything could happen. We just don't know.

But I do think that bullying Slugzilla is out of order. Some people here have a clear agenda of suppressing negativity.

I really don't have much confidence in anything that's been passed down to me. While the person who told me that none of the remaining X-Films would be released is a Fox employee with access to some of the decision makers, it's certainly possible she was just f-ing around with me and making the whole thing up. The reason I ever mentioned it was because it fit-in with everything I knew about New Mutants and it's fate, and what many of my coworkers & friends had been talking about.

Not official.
But the Chief Executive has come forward revealing some company policy and the only reason Disney may be releasing completed films or those in production could be due to non-public contracts set in place by Fox as a protective measure and probably included as part of the merger deal. So Disney may be doing this not because they want to, but are obligated to.

Last edited:
Anything could happen. We just don't know.

But I do think that bullying Slugzilla is out of order. Some people here have a clear agenda of suppressing negativity.
I absolutely agree with you. Slugzilla is just trying to keep us in the know as a fellow fan and I think that's 100% ok. Some people on here try to attack him way too much, but people always forget at the end of the day he's just the messanger.

I don't believe everything he says but he's been proven right with his earlier scoops. Wall Street Journal didn't give me any scoop about the New Mutants.... So like us, wsj is just speculating.

Wall Street Journal is talking about the MERGER....to which the films are affected by. They have talked directly with executives involved with the merger, which is not speculating.

Wall Street Journal is talking about the MERGER....to which the films are affected by. They have talked directly with executives involved with the merger, which is not speculating.
Who did they talk to about the Legend of Zelda on Netflix?

The trailer I saw a while back looked interesting enough to me, too. :)

The trailer looked like a generic teen horror film to me, with jump scares in place of power displays. Even the "frightening" imagery was swiped from A Nightmare on Elm Street. "This isn't a hospital. It's a haunted house!" Well, haunted house movies are cheap to make, which is probably why Fox was so high on the concept.

eaf13499cf2097ca71bc01a7455fefbe.gif

If you remove new mutatn, xmen title. you just get cheap boring generic straight to vod horror movie trailer.
I really wanted this move more than any other hero movies but after that trailer... lol

I absolutely loved the concept art for Maisie Williams as wolsbane, the werewolf, I think she’s going to rock in this roll! And Anya Taylor Joy is a very talented actress (the witch, split). I hope marvel keeps these girls and guys as the young mutants in the MCU and then gives us an older cast as the official X Men.

The fact that there’s a new director and will zielinski was involved makes this even fresher and more promising to me as someone who has been absolutely bored to death with the storytelling in the xmen movies Lately

So I personally am looking forward to this. I remember seeing a lot of positive reactions and curiosity when the trailer dropped on YouTube. Can’t wait for trailer 2

I also don’t care for the Russian accent in lilyana so much, scarlet witch is supposed to be Russian but she lost the accent a bit. Although if Anya can pull it off then that’s a plus

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"