New Mutants New Mutants News and Discussion - Part 2

I still want this movie to come out.
No movie that has been pushed back for two years since its release date has ever turned out good. Its a rule. This movie is a trainwreck. Those are the same signs fan4stic had. Disney wont put millions in order to damage the x-brand any further.

Dark Phoenix lost Disney $170M. I doubt this will see light of day. The marketing and promotion costs wouldn't be worth it.
It's a sunk cost fallacy, though. Disney didn't lose a cent on Dark Phoenix beyond what they spent of promotion. It's an accounting trick to count it as their loss because they can write it off, but they would have bought Fox for the same price either way and they didn't spend money making the movie. Everything it made was pure profit but they can count it as a loss.

Didn't lose a cent? So that should be an eXcuse to release the New Mutants then? keep it.

Sad. I wouldve paid to watch new mutants but not dark Phoenix which I did not tbh. I also didn’t watch captain marvel or endgame

THe boys on amazon has sarisfied my need to watch a superhero movie / show though

Didn't lose a cent? So that should be an eXcuse to release the New Mutants then? keep it.
They haven't lost a cent on New Mutants either in terms of their actual money. If (when) it loses money, they can write it off as a tax loss, but it was a sunk cost when they bought it.

I'm curious about this movie and I'd like to watch it in cinemas but if it's true that they plan to release FOX movies in their platforms I'm sure New Mutants will be one of the first to go there.

People should take into perspective though that this decision overall makes things much more exclusive. I don't know how many countries outside US have Hulu or will have Disney+ but I do know there isn't going to be anything other than Netflix for a long time in my country and I'm also sure we're not the only ones in this situation.

I was interested in seeing this even though I had a feeling it is a bad movie... but after Dark PhoeniX and the announcement of Kevin Feige of the Mutants. I have zero need to see this.

Any production related costs not amortized before the merger Disney has to book. So all unamortized costs from Dark Phoenix for the three months through 29 June were on Disney (under Fox division) though the actual money was the amount Disney paid during this quarter for post production costs such as marketing distribution and reshoot, if any.

Noted that Disney also named and shamed Dark Phoenix for an undisclosed impairment charge as well, which means it sees any present and future income (including non box office ones) from the movie won’t exceed its value.

Now assuming Fox has already capitalized all New Mutant costs since it was made years ago it won’t make too much sense for Disney to sink more money to reshoot and distribute it. just book a small impairment charge (or even a write off) and drop it onto the TV platform.

Not to mention the damage it might do to the brand from a wide theatrical release even it spends more money to reshoot and try salvage it.

Honestly, all of that seems like accounting tricks to make sure that the film will be considered a loss. Don't get me wrong, I think the total amount spent vs. the amount it made is a loss. But it's not really a loss for Disney. But it's beneficial to Disney to categorize it that way. Not only can it help with taxes but it'll reduce the chance of having to pay royalties.

According to Variety Disney is not pleased with New Mutants.
“Disney is optimistic that handing Fox superhero properties such as “Fantastic Four” and “X-Men” to Marvel Studios president Kevin Feige will improve the quality of these movies, but bumps must be smoothed over in that transition. The studio is unimpressed with “New Mutants,” an “X-Men” spinoff with a haunted-house vibe, and believes it has limited box office potential.”
Welp... this movie is pretty much guaranteed not to be released in theaters now, especially after Dark Phoenix flopped. It’s only a matter of time. Though they can always opt for a limited theatrical release running it on select theaters. I’d rather they wave the white flag on this film and put it out of its misery but that’s me.

and I oop...
everyday we get more close to what slugzillia said and yet he was banned and ridiculed by some.
What did he say that for sure came true? He claimed both DP and NM were shelved. And, as of now, they werent.

Why was he banned? And who was he anyway?
He was another one of these people claiming to be an insider, made false and/or u provable claims, got caught in lies, and when called out on it played the victim card.

Not sure why he's banned tho

Anyway besides all the other mountain of evidence, we also had to know about NM when it wasn't mentioned at Comic Con

got caught in lies? when exactly? never saw that.

to me it always felt like certain users just didnt like to read the stuff he was posting, because of personal agendas or something.

got caught in lies? when exactly? never saw that.

to me it always felt like certain users just didnt like to read the stuff he was posting, because of personal agendas or something.

What had he been right about? Not his predictions, I mean the things he said for sure were happening?

I feel like most in this thread have weird agendas. On both sides. I don’t people are getting in their feelings about this movie. You have the people who, for some immature reason, are begging for this movie to not be released or fail. Then you have the people ignoring that this movie is in some doo do

I think the post got deleted where I pointed it out after the last mod sweep. But slugzilla for sure got caught saying that the movie is never seeing the light of day. Not that it’s going to streaming, that it’s never coming out period. Now that is still very possible, but if the decision was made to completely shelve the film as long back as slugzilla said, then why put it in their CinemaCon presentation? Then he also claimed that Benjamin Satterley will be playing

Namor
which just reeks of falsity. He makes this weird claims about Josh Boone without any evidence as this almost Trank like presence on the NM set. None of what he said happened or will happen has been proven. But people are so blinded by their hate for this movie that they’ll latch on to anything negative.

My whole thing is this and I said it months if not a year ago. From my experience, these insiders are full of crap at worst. Anyone can make an anonymous account and post rumors without backing it up. At best they are ridiculous attention ****es

Thaaaaaat being said...this movie for sure is in trouble and probably should be just be dumped onto Hulu unlike what some of the pro people have said.

It's ironic that many people are mad at Disney for this situation when it's because of Dark Phoenix that this movie would likely flop if released in theaters. The Fox-verse is dead, people are not interested in it anymore.

Then he also claimed that Benjamin Satterley will be playing

Namor
I'm glad I'm not the only one who remembers that. Benjamin Satterley as Namor, come on :funny: That's when I realized he was just making stuff up.

And again, I just don't take anyone seriously that messes up their NDA for cool points online.
If Boone was as bad as slugzilla either said or alluded too and he was blowing the whistle on that? Then Godspeed. But "leaking" these unprovable rumors on the internet just for the sake of it is just corny.
Plus I just don't get the vitriol this movie has brought out of some people. Then again, I said the same thing about Venom
But also, he's not here. Life moves on. It is what it is.
Hope this is released on Hulu for Halloween

Last edited:
Kinberg killed the franchise, now Feige has to rebuild it, like the Phoenix.

:o

Welp, that pretty much confirms that it's coming out on the streaming service.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"