New Mutants New Mutants News and Discussion - Part 2

What did he say that for sure came true? He claimed both DP and NM were shelved. And, as of now, they werent.
you mean. he was first one to told us delay, then first one to told us the reshoot, and first one to told us the reshoot is not happening, first one to told us, fox is "pretening" for release to pass the problem to disne, not to mention detail of story that confirmed by new mutants tiwtter who has another source.
he was clear on what he know directly and what he heard from others(rumor). it's some of you with agenda painting all of his post as his own when he said wasn't.

Welp, that pretty much confirms that it's coming out on the streaming service.
I know I'm on record for being in the "just release it" camp. I get the idea that people use box office as a reputation marker, which is why streaming makes sense, but I also think an indifferent release isn't the end of the world. But it'll certainly not wow anyone at the box office and that could be a problem. On the other hand, theatrical releases more directly make profit since it's not like anyone will subscribe to Hulu for the purpose of seeing this movie.

From the perspective of my wallet, I'm hoping they release it on Hulu. I'll save some money that way. But I'd rather see this movie, train wreck or not, in any form they release it.

I don't see anyone going to see this post Dark Phoenix. Releasing it in cinemas would just be humiliating to anyone involved (at least on the face of it). I'd like to see it out of curiosity on a streaming service, that's my bias, but I don't see them spending money on any kind of release if that's the issue.

Everyone knew the writing was on the wall when Dark Phoenix came out. Disney and Fox probably felt they had to release it though to say it was the last one and because every other X-Men movie was released in theaters though.

New Mutants though? What's the point? Even if they spend the lowest possible amount for a theatrical release, why even waste the money on it?

Is it the chance that the horror angle will help it do even better?

you mean. he was first one to told us delay, then first one to told us the reshoot, and first one to told us the reshoot is not happening, first one to told us, fox is "pretening" for release to pass the problem to disne, not to mention detail of story that confirmed by new mutants tiwtter who has another source.
he was clear on what he know directly and what he heard from others(rumor). it's some of you with agenda painting all of his post as his own when he said wasn't.
just want to clarify a few things: Yes, we have multiple sources. SLUGZILLA (@/‪slugzilla3‬ on Twitter) is one of them. He gave us a few infos but is gone since May/June.
Reshoots are still happening unless Disney burn it all last minute.

just want to clarify a few things: Yes, we have multiple sources. SLUGZILLA (@/‪slugzilla3‬ on Twitter) is one of them. He gave us a few infos but is gone since May/June.
I can confirm. I talked to him.

If reshoots were to happen Feige would have input since the X-Men rights are with him/Marvel Studios.

Last edited:
Let it die tbh. I was intrigued at one point, but even from the trailer it seemed like an opportunity to make a superhero film with a horror twist was wasted and replaced with a generic horror film with licensed characters.

If reshoots were to happen Feige would have input since the X-Men rights are with him/Marvel Studios.
The X-Men rights are with Disney. Disney has assigned Feige to manage those rights because they know he knows what he's doing. But he also doesn't have any legal entitlement to them. I also suspect Feige wouldn't have any interest in this New Mutants movie. So, if they do reshoots, I don't think it's guaranteed that Feige would have any involvement.

The X-Men rights are with Disney. Disney has assigned Feige to manage those rights because they know he knows what he's doing. But he also doesn't have any legal entitlement to them. I also suspect Feige wouldn't have any interest in this New Mutants movie. So, if they do reshoots, I don't think it's guaranteed that Feige would have any involvement.

Well the rights are with Marvel Studios/Feige.
“We see great long term value in a broad collection of theatrical IP we acquired from Fox, including iconic movie franchises such as Avatar and Planet of the Apes. As well as Marvel’s X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Deadpool. Which are now part of Marvel Studios, under the leadership of Kevin Feige; the architect of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, which now includes twenty-three movies with a global box office of more than twenty-two billion dollars to date.”

Disney CEO Confirms X-Men, Fantastic Four, and Deadpool Are Now All Part of Marvel Studios - MCU Cosmic

Disney is free to sink more resources into it for another foreseeable loss and impairment write down if it chooses to. The scale could be smaller than Dark Phoenix for sure since the budget is smaller although questions still will be legitimately be asked what it wants to accomplish with an expected loss. I don’t know who but it will take someone with lots of influence in Disney/MCU to keep pushing that to happen, for an inherited flawed product that looks worse by the day, when any extra resources can be and should be redirected to say the MCU content either in films or streaming shows that look quite daunting and paramount for the group at this juncture. Not that Disney management isn’t already busy lately to answer about that whistleblower scandal.

That feels like the cell phone "just ok is not ok" commercials, but I'll take ok.

How can Kinberg's involvement be reassuring in any way?

How can Kinberg's involvement be reassuring in any way?

Well my thinking is...this film is now totally under Disneys control. Where as Dark Phoenix wasn’t.

Did Kingberg actually shoot any scenes?
This is still whole heartedly Josh Boone & Knate Lees film.

If this film is getting good word of mouth right now, that’s a really really good thing. Especially for the X-Men brand.

Face it - some people are just so turned off on the X-Men after Dark Phoenix. And Avengers are on such a high horse right.

If Disney sees people reacting well to this, they will capitalize on that.

Also - right now as it stands the X-Men film brand is not in the best shape with the way it ended. If this film is released with good reviews, it can leave a positive taste in peoples minds about the X-Men overall.

At this point I see "ok" as a positive reaction as well. And even though I don't personally condemn the movie, good reviews is much different than relatively positive reactions (reportedly). Also, if it happens that the movie does indeed turn out to be good, I'm sure Kinberg would be one of the last people responsible for such a result.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vortep88
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"