• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

New Mutants New Mutants News and Discussion - Part 2

What's more important to Disney, money or not being embarrassed? A theatrical release is more likely to make more money, even if it bombs.

What's more important to Disney, money or not being embarrassed? A theatrical release is more likely to make more money, even if it bombs.
Don't mind them. They're just acting like weirdos over this movie

In any case, I'll be surprised if this makes theaters. Unless the cast refused to sign the streaming contract

Look forward to the trailer and honestly hoping this turns out good overall.

Have not been keeping up on the status of this. Any word on if Disney wanted reshoots or anything?

So he basically confirms it will still be released in theaters after all. I'm really curious about that trailer.

It's alive. Pretty curious about the new trailer.

Looking forward to the new trailer. The first one was good and had me excited, shame we have had to wait so long for it to finally be released.

I do not get the mentality of people wanting it to be awful or “fail at the box office”. If you don’t want to see it, don’t go. Its that simple. Let other people enjoy things.

I'm not hoping it to fail. I want a good New Mutants movie. However, FoX gave me/us plenty of reasons/signs on why is this gonna turn out to be a failure. I didn't delay this movie for 2 years, FoX did. Also it looks like a lowkey low budget horror movie that just happened to feature Mutants who aren't even gonna wear the iconic New Mutants costumes. Why should I be beaming with positivity over this movie? Oh right because I haven't seen the movie... wasn't the defenders of Dark PhoeniX said the same thing before it came out and look at how that movie turned out.
Yeah yeah we know you want the movie to be out - in theaters. This movie could gross over $20 million and you'd still find eXcuses to justify its theaterical release. I'm not talking here as a Disney eXec here. As a fan of the mutants, I care about the quality first instead of how the distributor is gonna earn money over a movie that they've delayed for 2 years. That being said, Disney could earn some money from this by streaming this online, releasing it straight to DVD and sending it through cable networks/FoX. Canceling its theaterical release is embarrassing too but another mutant movie bombing at the box office is going to be a bigger embarrassment.

You don't need to be argumentative or defensive again and again to those who aren't into this movie and calling forum members a weirdo, right @Blackman. This is a movie forum after all.

I was embarrassed by Dark PhoeniX's box office numbers as I know the X-Men deserve better numbers than that. So as the New Mutants. If you don't care about another Mutants movie flopping, then good for you.

Last edited:
The X-Men deserves to have a good numbers after Dark Phoenix's flop.
I just want it to be a solid, enjoyable movie that makes the X-Men/Mutant franchise proud.

Yeah yeah we know you want the movie to be out - in theaters. This movie could gross over $20 million and you'd still find eXcuses to justify its theaterical release.

Honestly, I'd rather it didn't come out in theaters so I didn't have to pay money for it.

I'm not talking here as a Disney eXec here. As a fan of the mutants, I care about the quality first instead of how the distributor is gonna earn money over a movie that they've delayed for 2 years.

Except you frame it in the context of what's best for the movie. Who cares what a movie makes besides from the perspective of a Disney exec?

Honestly, I'd rather it didn't come out in theaters so I didn't have to pay money for it.

Except you frame it in the context of what's best for the movie. Who cares what a movie makes besides from the perspective of a Disney exec?
Not really. I only said sending it through Disney+ would be great as its box office results would be embarrassing as Dark PhoeniX. I didn't comment about which is the best move for this film.

Anyone know if they ever ended up doing those planned reshoots? Because if not then the 2-year delay was completely pointless.

The reshoots were canceled and Disney just let Boone make his own cut of the film.. that is posted in the previous page, not sure if thats true or not.

As for the film finally hitting the theaters, well the one thing that I like is finally at least we would be able to finally see the entire thing and the Fox era of Marvel movies is finally over. However I'm just bracing myself that this is another misfire/box office underperforming Marvel film and Disney dragged this into the new decade. Like what a way to start Marvel's movies in the 2020s. They could have dumped it in October or September of 2019 and let it rot. Anyway, at this point, there's no way to salvage it and the public would probably just forget it when its finally released.

Last edited:
that's good news. hope it's all or mostly new scene. and it better not be 1m teaser.

this need to make least 150m in ww boxoffice to get even.
I thought that was easy until DP's massive flop..

it can get there easily If it is indeed good, and get great RT score which will brought big exposure and positive viral news around the world.

even tho this had some white washed cast, others were really great with big upcoming names. it's such a shame.. they got wasted like that.

just adding some old news.

"I'm not sure how much the original cut was the super powered horror film people were expecting. A friend of mine was in a test screening for New Mutants, and he said he didn't know that it was supposed to be a horror movie until he watched the trailer afterwards. /1"

"Without spoiling anything, he described it as "A romantic dramedy with a little Breakfast Club thrown in. Really lethargic pacing. Occasional bursts of PG-13 'scares'." /2"

I just asked him and he said "4.5/10, nothing offensive".

He said it wasn't "Catwoman bad", but mostly "awkward" and "boring" with a few good performances from some of the cast.

From what I heard about the early screenings, the reaction was split almost 50/50. People thought it was somewhere between bad & OK. Not many extremely positive or extremely negative reactions. More of a meh sort of reaction if that makes sense.

The results were far more extreme when it was screened in front of people familiar with the property, still around a 50/50 situation, but they either really loved it or absolutely hated it.
from slugzilla

old trailer story line. maybe the new trailer is this one?

Last edited:
Well for one thing, its definitely not gonna outgross Dark PhoeniX - $250 million worldwide. And for a movie coming out in April 2020, the marketing for this is already too late. I'm discounting the 1st trailer that was released way back in 2017.

By the way, my go to mall has the poster on display since 2017, and its nice that it would be finally removed once the movie starts showing. Its like the oldest movie poster there.

I mean...you can just not see it theaters.

People's who watches are stuck on H8:30.

I'm still so confused as to why people are acting so like babies and in their feelings about this movie. Like this movie has more vitrol than some way bigger movies

Well for one thing, its definitely not gonna outgross Dark PhoeniX - $250 million worldwide. And for a movie coming out in April 2020, the marketing for this is already too late. I'm discounting the 1st trailer that was released way back in 2017.

By the way, my go to mall has the poster on display since 2017, and its nice that it would be finally removed once the movie starts showing. Its like the oldest movie poster there.
The marketing isn't too late. That's just plain silly. Most major April releases don't have trailers yet
It's April not February. How long do you guys think movies need to start their marketing to be a success?

I'm not saying it's going to be a huge hit. And for sure it won't gross more than Dark Phoenix. But it really doesn't need to .
So he basically confirms it will still be released in theaters after all
I'll believe it when I see it

Last edited:
People who were saying this would just go to streaming were wrong? Shocker. Of course, that doesn't mean the movie is any good. At least it seems we won't have reshoots with actors who look completely different like in Fant4stic. On the flip side, the previous trailer wasn't actually the movie that Josh Boone initially set out to make, so that's probably not what we're getting here. Whether that's a good or a bad thing remains to be seen.

Last edited:
The horror movie was supposedly what Boone wanted to make from the start but FOX was opposed to, not the other way around. But I doubt the final product is going to be what he originally intended since it was reported that the changes took place in pre-production and the final script was different from his version. Surely the film can be closer to his approval if he is now in charge of the editing room but I don't see how it's still not a compromised vision if the info is correct.

The horror movie was supposedly what Boone wanted to make from the start but FOX was opposed to, not the other way around. But I doubt the final product is going to be what he originally intended since it was reported that the changes took place in pre-production and the final script was different from his version. Surely the film can be closer to his approval if he is now in charge of the editing room but I don't see how it's still not a compromised vision if the info is correct.
Yeah, I phrased that a bit weird. I should've said "filmed" instead of, "set out to make". He might've originally wanted to make that horror movie, but then he compromised, and from what we've heard that never really happened. At least that version of the movie had enough scares to make that trailer, and maybe they did some magic in editing. At this point, I just hope it's half-decent fun.

that's good news. hope it's all or mostly new scene. and it better not be 1m teaser.

this need to make least 150m in ww boxoffice to get even.
I thought that was easy until DP's massive flop..

it can get there easily If it is indeed good, and get great RT score which will brought big exposure and positive viral news around the world.
Even with a good Rt score, this is doa in my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"