New Mutants New Mutants News and Discussion - Part 2

New poster

EPJd774XsAEyLSx
Very cool. Evocative of the cover of the issue where the Beyonder killed all the New Mutants.

Nice poster. We got one in my country too. Seems like it's finally coming.

It is stated in the movie that some of them were killed, not all of them. Logan was in hiding in the movie, hence his surprise at Pierce finding them and Logan using his James Howlett name. The other X-Men may simply not have been to find him. Or they didn't want to knowing how dangerous Xavier is, especially with the government labelling his mind as a WMD.

It's not about changing your mind it's about what's stated to us in the movie. If you wanna ignore that it's up to you but it just further confirms your bias against these movies.
What does it matter? Do you really think Logan would've been any different if the radio said Xavier killed all the X-men, not just some?

The point is Fox ended the franchise, more specifically the OT cast, only caring about Wolverine/Jackman and Xavier/SirPatStew. That movie might not have killed off ALL the X-men, but they might as well have been dead.

What does it matter? Do you really think Logan would've been any different if the radio said Xavier killed all the X-men, not just some?

The point is Fox ended the franchise, more specifically the OT cast, only caring about Wolverine/Jackman and Xavier/SirPatStew. That movie might not have killed off ALL the X-men, but they might as well have been dead.

For me it matters a lot. Xavier was a danger to others and Logan saw that and took him away. Despite a few deaths, Xavier's school still would have gone on just with someone else in charge. That's a lot less bleak than all of the X-Men dying and the school being shut down.

I thought that it said in the movie that mutants were basically completely gone or at least gone into hiding?

I thought that it said in the movie that mutants were basically completely gone or at least gone into hiding?

No, just there had been no new Mutants for around 10 years so likes of Scott, Jean, Storm as long as Xavier didn't kill them would still be around. Same with the younger X-Men like Bobby and Rogue, etc. The kids were the first new Mutants in a while.

No, just there had been no new Mutants for around 10 years so likes of Scott, Jean, Storm as long as Xavier didn't kill them would still be around. Same with the younger X-Men like Bobby and Rogue, etc. The kids were the first new Mutants in a while.

Oh ok. Haven't the movie in a while.

'Emma' Star Anya Taylor-Joy on 'New Mutants' Obstacles and Working with Edgar Wright

With the film finally set to release on April 3, Taylor-Joy admits that it’s been challenging to coordinate the cast’s busy schedules for any post-production and promotional work needed. In fact, Taylor-Joy had to do ADR on the fly, while in London for a family gathering.

“Technology nowadays is really amazing. I was visiting my parents [in London] for my dad’s birthday, and they managed to find a studio,” Taylor-Joy explains. “So, I went in for an hour, did all of my ADR and left. So, you can do it; it’s just a very global affair.”

For me it matters a lot. Xavier was a danger to others and Logan saw that and took him away. Despite a few deaths, Xavier's school still would have gone on just with someone else in charge. That's a lot less bleak than all of the X-Men dying and the school being shut down.
Xavier was a danger to "others" and since when Scott, Jean, Hank and Ororo became "others" to the Professor huh Xpecially they've known the Professor longer than the Wolverine in the continuity of the franchise. Even Bobby, Kitty, Pete and Marie, have lived under the same roof with the Professor for years and you're telling me that its just the Wolverine and out of all mutants - Caliban (Caliban isn't even immune to Xavier's episodes) that stayed with him in his absolute worst?

It doesn't make sense that they are supposed or "just some" of them are living somewhere and let the Professor live in a slump. It sounds like a big eXcuse. Also 7 deaths aren't "few".

Last edited:
Xavier was a danger to "others" and since when Scott, Jean, Hank and Ororo became "others" to the Professor huh Xpecially they've known the Professor longer than the Wolverine in the continuity of the franchise. Even Bobby, Kitty, Pete and Marie, have lived under the same roof with the Professor for years and you're telling me that its just the Wolverine and out of all mutants - Caliban (Caliban isn't even immune to Xavier's episodes) that stayed with him in his absolute worst?

It doesn't make sense that they are supposed or "just some" of them are living somewhere and let the Professor live in a slump. It sounds like a big eXcuse. Also 7 deaths aren't "few".

It was clearly stated in the movie that Wolverine wasn't as effected as everyone else, the obvious reason being his healing ability. So it's obvious why he was hiding Xavier, not to mention the US government considered Xavier's brain a WMD, so that's why they were in Mexico. The US government would have detained Xavier had they been aware where he was, hence Logan telling everyone he had died.

Not much the remaining X-Men can do in that situation as Xavier was still having his attacks which could have killed more of them and some other people. The 7 who died weren't all X-Men either, they were innocent people which Xavier was now a danger too. Xavier also couldn't even remember killing those people and clearly had early stage dementia where he was struggling to recognise who people were and what they meant to him.

Last edited:
Glad to finally get a glimpse of Sunspot powered up
now to see Sam and Rahne

this looks pretty good, I may go see it, 15-25 mil is a bit sad but what ya gunna do, Fox screwed the pooch on this one

Yeah hopefully it wasn't chopped up too bad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"