New Mutants New Mutants News and Discussion - Part 2

So was the report from 2018 completely wrong? Back then it was reported that originally Boone wanted to make a horror film but the studio wanted a PG-13 teen movie. They made the PG-13 teen movie but after the horror-themed trailer was a hit and IT (Part 1) did gangbusters Fox decided to re-shoot the film to bring it closer to Boone's original R-rated horror movie vision. This new report tells a very different story.

it literally had 2 screening last year by disney last year.
fox also did 2 back in 2017 too.. lol
so at least 4 screening we know of.

and the vulture article said that it had lots of feedback from many other writers and from fox but josh boone refused it all. lol
That author of that tweet definitely was just making things up. Doesn't even know what post prod is. Which is baffling why that random tweet was posted by @Micromind here without any comment.

Right or wrong, people were wanting to hear what he said. It was the only attention this sub-forum got at times. Few people seemed to care for the prospect of this movie.
I just got annoyed he kept posting uncoded spoilers about the movie.

So was the report from 2018 completely wrong? Back then it was reported that originally Boone wanted to make a horror film but the studio wanted a PG-13 teen movie. They made the PG-13 teen movie but after the horror-themed trailer was a hit and IT (Part 1) did gangbusters Fox decided to re-shoot the film to bring it closer to Boone's original R-rated horror movie vision. This new report tells a very different story.
it always had horror in it and promoted as horror style.
just... horror elements were weak and soft.

original reports from 'tracking board' had some josh boon PR **** going on and said josh wanted R and fox make it pg-13, fincal cut is josh's cut but he just did as fox wanted, reshoot is to make josh's original vision.

and they were wrong. josh didn't wanted the reshoot as final cut is what he wanted, so the reshoot wasn't to make his original vision.

The fact is, none of us can say with ABSOLUTE certainty that this won’t join the MCU. If (and the trailer is very popular) it does well, then all bets are off. I’m sure psylock will disagree as he always does and ***** and moan though.
After the 22% rt rating this movie got this week, yeah I think its highly unlikely even more.

so isnt there a Fan reactions/reviews thread?

It's officially out has anybody seen it yet?

So Alice Braga is playing Cecilia Reyes. In the comics. Reyes is a black Puerto Rican from Bronx, new York. This is what she looks like:

EgZBANNXcAAS8US

So...in our outrage based culture...no one is saying anything about this?

Hot garbage. All I've heard in the lead up to this latest release was that Josh Boone got the cut he wanted and they are releasing the version he wanted. Now we are revising this BS again.

The film did have post-production. All the reshoots were apparently going to alter his original vision.

The New Mutants: Josh Boone's Original Cut Is Being Released in Theaters - IGN
'The New Mutants' Director Josh Boone Confirms the Final Film is His Original Cut; No Reshoots Took Place

Last edited:
As a fan it's always annoying when they change characters from the comics, whether it be their race/gender, origin or entire personality etc. We just want to see something that's faithful to the source material and Fox have a history of screwing with character identities at times.

We were lucky to get a Russian Colossus in Deadpool at all, Pyro and Moira McTaggart were Americanised also and it's part of why I was hopeful for X-men being a part of the mcu.

Weird how there's more activity in the Tenet thread than this subforum for the New Mutants.

I’ll eventually see it as I watch them all, but I’m expecting pretty much nothing. And I’m not going to a theater any time soon, I won’t go for something I am hyped for (like Tenent) so I will most def not go for this either.

Saw it at a Drive-In. It was a good time. I'm willing to cut this movie a hell of a lot of slack given all the delays.

Why did the others call her Illyana "Illy"? That's not what she's called for short. She's called Yana. I know that and I haven't read a New Mutants book since high school.

Saw it at a Drive-In. It was a good time. I'm willing to cut this movie a hell of a lot of slack given all the delays.

Why did the others call her Illyana "Illy"? That's not what she's called for short. She's called Yana. I know that and I haven't read a New Mutants book since high school.

Why did he make Cecilia Reyes, one of the f'n X-MEN, into an evil psychopath?

How do they have no other workers at the hospital? Who maintains everything there?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"