New Synopsis!

good for you, some of us actually have a job . Oh noes, you watches more mofies than me

I have a job, a life, everything- not my fault that I come from a richer family than you Sava and inherited alot of $$$ when I was born into this world. Hate to sound like the Harry Osborn of these forums, but hey- that's who I am... so, let's just say I'm lucky- cause, I got a job, got the girl and hell- I've got the money too. So, srry but your comment actually made me laugh more than anything else... good try though, you might get somebody right some time- who knows? :up:

November

Why are you confused over the third point? Maybe, I didn't read it right- but:

"besides, marvel are in to make cash, they are going to make this film as similar to spiderman and the last stand as possible. they've noticed a money making trend and they are going to stick with it regardless of what they are telling you."

Last Stand isn't that highly regarded and by some is though of to be a profit only film- seeking profit rather than quality. You're grouping SM in with that made me think that you thought the same was true with one of the SM films (possibly SM3)... but, I may have read that wrong as well- were you talking about type of character and film or "profit only" films?

"the fact they aren't letting ang do a direct sequel to his more adult-themed hulk should highlight this enough."

Sounded like you were somewhat upset/ angry that they fired Ang and got somebody else for the job?

I have a job, a life, everything- not my fault that I come from a richer family than you Sava and inherited alot of $$$ when I was born into this world. Hate to sound like the Harry Osborn of these forums, but hey- that's who I am... so, let's just say I'm lucky- cause, I got a job, got the girl and hell- I've got the money too. So, srry but your comment actually made me laugh more than anything else... good try though, you might get somebody right some time- who knows? :up:
stop acting like a prick, it doesnt make you look good mate. I watch less movies than you but i still know what makes a good movie and what makes a bad one. IMO. I'm not the guy that was very personally effected and had to get a new user account after SR failed at the BO. Way to not talk about my other points and act like a prick :up:.

And, um, you were being a prick first Sava by more or less trying to say that I'm a slacker. By the notion of "no job" I'm not a slacker, I'm a spoiled rich kid- which, hey not the best... but it definitely beats slacker.

1. I was one of the people who liked the first Hulk film, let me not lead anyone astray... but when it came out the majority of fans had the same exact reaction they had to Superman Returns. Lucky for me, WB, kept Singer.

2. Did I hate Ang's Hulk? No way, as I said- I was one of the few who like it back then and thought that it was okay. But, it was recieved horribly- as I said. Would I have liked to see a sequel to that Hulk? Yeah, I would... but, I'm not going to complain that it isn't because I realize that it was alot here and elsewhere (fans) who are responsible for that change. "We want Hulk SMASH!!!!" was the basic phrase used around the time the first Hulk film came out. Well, fans are getting just what they asked for- "Hulk SMASH!"

3. How many times do I have to say that I see this team as "good" 6-8, and Spielberg as a GOD... seriously??? How many times, I've answered this over and over again. And I won't answer it again- that's why I didn't answer it, I already did. My main point was that most films have a basic plot when it all comes down to it and that a film, imo, is driven more by the characters than by the plot... I also just looked back and in no way did a comparison between talents, however I did give a clear example of a basic plot. Which is exactly what I was talking about- the idea and strengths of a basic plot, never comparing talents. You took that and started twisting it into something I never imagined somebody would!

Zack Penn isn't that great, but he is far from the worse. I have seen two to three movies (in THEATERS) PER WEEK most of the time. And I'm talking pure movie theater viewings here- not home viewings or rentals. So, I know what a "Great(9-10)/good (7-8)/average (5-6)/bad(3-4)/horrible (1-2)" film is and don't toss those words around like lots of others seem to do. On that scale he's good-average ranging from 6-8... because, believe me- once you see a truly horrible film, the "bad" category can even seem like a breath of fresh air. Srry about that rant, but people throw around the word "horrible" and "worst movie ever" WAY too many times that it gives me a headache and makes me wonder how many films they have actually seen. I also have a +10 category for most of the films prior to the millenia, JP, BTF, etc., etc.
No.....Just no

???

X3= 7/10
X2= 9/10
Behind Enemy Lines= 7/10
Elektra= 2/10...

So I would say overall- thus far... 6.8 near 7. With Elektra really being the one digging it down into the trenches. So right now, more average than good rank.

1. I was one of the people who liked the first Hulk film, let me not lead anyone astray... but when it came out the majority of fans had the same exact reaction they had to Superman Returns. Lucky for me, WB, kept Singer.
good for you.

2. Did I hate Ang's Hulk? No way, as I said- I was one of the few who like it back then and thought that it was okay. But, it was recieved horribly- as I said. Would I have liked to see a sequel to that Hulk? Yeah, I would... but, I'm not going to complain that it isn't because I realize that it was alot here and elsewhere (fans) who are responsible for that change. "We want Hulk SMASH!!!!" was the basic phrase used around the time the first Hulk film came out. Well, fans are getting just what they asked for- "Hulk SMASH!"
like i said, Hulk smash isnt a bad thing, its the people behind it that worry me. i dont like this "its simple and has more action in it, so it'll be better than Ang's movie" bulls**t.
3. How many times do I have to say that I see this team as "good" 6-8, and Spielberg as a GOD... seriously??? How many times, I've answered this over and over again. And I won't answer it again- that's why I didn't answer it, I already did. My main point was that most films have a basic plot when it all comes down to it and that a film, imo, is driven more by the characters than by the plot... you took that and started twisting it into something I never imagined somebody would!
like i said, its not the plot that worries me, its the people behind it. Your s**t about you watching more movies than me and all that pissed me off.

Seeing many movies a week? Movies are my passion a la aspiring film maker.

Tossing around "worst movie ever", come on man- you know how freely people seem to use that term online... it's headache inducing.

To Sava:
I don't know if you're one of those... but, there are people who simply watch few films and say that a relative film is the worst film ever made- I mean, we've heard: every single movie this summer being called the worst movie ever made by at least one person. I say to those people- do me a favor and rent Epic Movie, any Uwe Bowell film or Ed Wood film- then get back to me.

The past great (+10) are for movies that I believe to be phenomenal and iconic: first Star Wars trilogy, Indiana Jones trilogy, Back to the Future, Jurrassic Park, etc. I wish that one day we'll get back to the golden days like those films... now those were GREAT!

Did I miss anything?

----------------------

And to me the plot is a relief, because I can easily see the drama and tension still in there and not only Hulk Smash. Such as the psychological answers Bruce will have to make regarding his identity as the Hulk. To me, that's great because it shows it will focus on human drama as well as "Hulk Smash!" and not just be a live action version of "Ultimate Destruction" but a mixture.

???

X3= 7/10
X2= 9/10
Behind Enemy Lines= 7/10
Elektra= 2/10...

So I would say overall- thus far... 6.8 near 7. With Elektra really being the one digging it down into the trenches. So right now, more average than good rank.

he didnt write much of X2, actually, he wrote like 10% of X2. His script didnt have the white house attack in the start of the movie. Take out X2, add the last action hero, inspector Gadect and suspect Zero.

Tossing around "worst movie ever", come on man- you know how freely people seem to use that term online... it's headache inducing.

I see many movies a week as well,i have a massive DVD collection of films from many different era's and genres as well as countries,so i don't just see whatever movies are put in the cinema each Friday.....BUT i don't think that makes me the autrhority on what is and isn't great,i just have my opinion same as you.

good, same here

To Sava:
I don't know if you're one of those... but, there are people who simply watch few films and say that a relative film is the worst film ever made- I mean, we've heard: every single movie this summer being called the worst movie ever made by at least one person. I say to those people- do me a favor and went Epic Movie, Little Man, any Uwe Bowell film or Ed Wood film- then get back to me.
i actually liked SM3, POTC3 and Die Hard 4.
The past great (+10) are for movies that I believe to be phenomenal and iconic: first Star Wars trilogy, Indiana Jones trilogy, Back to the Future, Jurrassic Park, etc. I wish that one day we'll get back to the golden days like those films... now those were GREAT!

Did I miss anything?
I'd personally would have added T2 in there and taken out Star wars, but thats just me.

And to me the plot is a relief, because I can easily see the drama and tension still in there and not only Hulk Smash. Such as the psychological answers Bruce will have to make regarding his identity as the Hulk. To me, that's great because it shows it will focus on human drama as well as "Hulk Smash!" and not just be a live action version of "Ultimate Destruction" but a mixture.

to me, the people behind this, dont look like they can pull it off. They've had chances before but failed.

Last Action Hero= 8/10 (pure 80s film, loved it)
Inspector Gadget= 6.5/10
Suspect Zero= 6.8/10 (but, it's been a LONG time since I've seen it- talking theatrical release)

I see many movies a week as well,i have a massive DVD collection of films from many different era's and genres as well as countries,so i don't just see whatever moveis are put in the cinema each Friday.....BUT i don't think that makes me the autrhority on what is and isn't great,i just have my opinion same as you.

Not trying to neglect anyone man, just saying- as I'm sure you can agree with- some people toss around the terms:

"worst movie ever"
"horrible"

etc.

Too much around here.

Not saying who that is- just, some people are like that. Relative rather than looking at the whole picture.

That was made in 93

Oh... lol. Still same opinion, sometimes get mixed up with early 90s films and the 80s.

I think, might be wrong- I was very young at the time- but the 90s really started to diverge from the 80s 94/95?

Not trying to neglect anyone man, just saying- as I'm sure you can agree with- some people toss around the terms:

"worst movie ever"
"horrible"

etc.

Too much around here.

Not saying who that is- just, some people are like that. Relative rather than looking at the whole picture.

I think it's contextual,if someone was to say "Van Helsing is the worst movie ever" in comparison to the latest DTDVD Van Damme release he'd be overstating the case but if he said it as relates to big budget summer blockbusters he could have a point.

Last Action Hero= 8/10 (pure 80s film, loved it)
Inspector Gadget= 6.5/10
Suspect Zero= 6.8/10 (but, it's been a LONG time since I've seen it- talking theatrical release)

we disagree again, hated the last 2 and Action hero was ok. Looks like the majority of the people agree with me on that.

I'd personally would have added T2 in there and taken out Star wars, but thats just me.

Wasn't naming them all, just the ones that come to mind.

And hell, we're lucky enough to get a couple here and again... LOTR, BB, CR

I think it's contextual,if someone was to say "Van Helsing is the worst movie ever" in comparison to the latest DTDVD Van Damme release he'd be overstating the case but if he said it as relates to big budget summer blockbusters he could have a point.

Guess it's just the reptition of it alot then- or might just be me going to imdb. Lol. Every movie has a "worst movie ever made" thread in it there. It's crazy.

Also, as I said - didn't see Suspect Zero for going on three to four years now. Last time was theaters...

And same with Inspector Gadget, just a memory of seeing it when I was young- nostalgia value. But, I do want one that stays truer to the source material- even back then I knew it wasn't the definitive Gadget film. That was one of my favorite cartoons, hell even had the old coloring book on old computer 'game'. And I mean- really old computer. Lol.

However, loved Action Hero... the idea of getting transported into a movie is great. I also loved how some parts were serious and other parts were a parody of films in general. For instance the whole 555 phone number gag. I want a ticket. :)

Also, as I said - didn't see Suspect Zero for going on three to four years now. Last time was theaters...

And same with Inspector Gadget, just a memory of seeing it when I was young- nostalgia value.

However, loved Action Hero... the idea of getting transported into a movie is great. I also loved how some parts were serious and other parts were a parody of films in general. For instance the whole 555 phone number gag. I want a ticket. :)
liked some parts of last action hero but Penn, IMO, has gone down hill from then on.

As I said average/good, more on the average side... but, he's not bad. As I said 6/7.

Plus- a good action director, although I haven't seen any of his work past 'Danny the Dog'. And a phenomenal actor who-if not phoning in- can turn average/good into good/great given the right material... human psychological aspects with Banner (as said in plot sympnosis) is enlightening because that gives Norton something to work with other than "Hulk Smash!"

Hell, I think X3 with Ratner and not in Fox's hands could have been a lot better than it was... so, if that's any indication... I'm looking at a "good" rating for script with a possible bump due to the team working on it.

Synopsis from Comingsoon.net:

The explosive, action-packed adventure in one of the all-time most popular superhero sagas unfolds with a cure in reach for the world's most primal force of fury: "The Incredible Hulk." We find scientist Bruce Banner (Edward Norton) living in shadows, scouring the planet for an antidote. But the warmongers who dream of abusing his powers won't leave him alone, nor will his need to be with the only woman he has ever loved, Betty Ross (Liv Tyler).

Upon returning to civilization, our brilliant doctor is ruthlessly pursued by The Abomination (Tim Roth)--a nightmarish beast of pure adrenaline and aggression whose powers match The Hulk's own. A fight of comic-book proportions ensues as Banner must call upon the hero within to rescue New York City from total destruction. And on June 13, 2008...one scientist must make an agonizing final choice--accept a peaceful life as Bruce Banner or the creature he could permanently become: The Incredible Hulk.

I'm excited!!! :woot:

i.........just.........peed:woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Otewe2001
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"