New Synopsis!

JediMasterConor

Civilian
Reaction score

Synopsis from Comingsoon.net:

The explosive, action-packed adventure in one of the all-time most popular superhero sagas unfolds with a cure in reach for the world's most primal force of fury: "The Incredible Hulk." We find scientist Bruce Banner (Edward Norton) living in shadows, scouring the planet for an antidote. But the warmongers who dream of abusing his powers won't leave him alone, nor will his need to be with the only woman he has ever loved, Betty Ross (Liv Tyler).

Upon returning to civilization, our brilliant doctor is ruthlessly pursued by The Abomination (Tim Roth)--a nightmarish beast of pure adrenaline and aggression whose powers match The Hulk's own. A fight of comic-book proportions ensues as Banner must call upon the hero within to rescue New York City from total destruction. And on June 13, 2008...one scientist must make an agonizing final choice--accept a peaceful life as Bruce Banner or the creature he could permanently become: The Incredible Hulk.

I'm excited!!! :woot:

sorry, but... ?'ve already heard this plot a long time ago...
so... what's new?

It sounds great...a real translation from the comic book.

Yeah this sypnopsis is not new. This was posted a while ago and can be found on the Universal website. But it makes the movie sound great!

Many times actually if by cure you understand, working on his psyche. and separating Hulk/BAnner...

(http://www.incrediblehulk.com/incarnations.html)
Well, none to avail, but thankfully, we still get the comic running...
What would be, "the Increbible [mind of] Banner" comic ? :word:

yeah, but this is a real cure, as in, drink this potion and Hulk will be no more. I dont think that happened in the comics.

Well no, not that i can remember though..
And glad it didn't as it'll be a dumb end...
I always hated the idea of "drink it and you'll be so strong/ or back to normal"

Already "super soldier serum" is like way outdated as concept but can work, but the latest use of drink and be strong, with the Sentry is just plain stupid...

anyway back to the hulk, no seven up to get rid of the hulk yet :woot:

I'm not sure about the comics as I don't read comics but in the TV show and cartoons, Banner creates a cure and is so close from being normal but something always happens to stop him from curing himself.

Yep, that was what kept the show running.
I hope that's what they mean by being more in tune with the TV show.
That could work to make us feel for Banner as cursed...
Appart from that, i don't need anything from the show

I really like the "Fugitive as monster movie" sound of this

Not liking the sound of this synosis still (yeah i have read it before), it all sounds a bit too corny for me.

And it sounds like in the end Banner will have a choice to remain Hulk or cure himself. Wonder what he will choose :whatever:

Yeah, nothing we haven't heard before, but that's okay, any buzz on the movie is good as far as I'm concerned.

I dont think that happened in the comics.

Well since you asked. It happened in issue 223

hulk223.jpg

For some reason all Gamma radition is released from Banner and zapp the Hulk is no more. But because the Leader is at it again Banner must do the unthinkable and become the Hulk again. It's a great issue.

^ Yep. There was also an episode from the 80's cartoon series where Banner faced this same sort of dilemma.

does anyone get the impression that tim Roth's abomination will be able to transform at will,

so he will not stay that way all the time?

the way it was worded makes me believe that.

does anyone get the impression that tim Roth's abomination will be able to transform at will,

so he will not stay that way all the time?

the way it was worded makes me believe that.

That would be a huge U-Turn from the comic, but would make more sense for Tim Roth.
What's the point of casting Roth for Blonsky/Abo, if it's to see him 15 min on screen and then Abo all CGI/prosthetics..???
Or 1 hour of Blonsky for 10 minutes of ABo (Venom anyone??)

So if they alter the origin to have a good balance, why not...

The Sypnosis sounds very cliche to me, looks like we wont be getting anything new after all.

I don't think they will change the character that much! Why would Abomination hate Banner so much if he could change at will? Abomination hates Banner because he can't change back and is a monster permanantly!

I don't think they will change the character that much! Why would Abomination hate Banner so much if he could change at will? Abomination hates Banner because he can't change back and is a monster permanantly!

Exactly, but i can see what Robocop suggested happening, why would Tim Roth sign on if he is only getting 10-15 mins screentime.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"