New Synopsis!

As I said average/good, more on the average side... but, he's not bad. As I said 6/7.

Plus- a good action director, although I haven't seen any of his work past 'Danny the Dog'. And a phenomenal actor who-if not phoning in- can turn average/good into good/great given the right material... human psychological aspects with Banner (as said in plot sympnosis) is enlightening because that gives Norton something to work with other than "Hulk Smash!"

Hell, I think X3 with Ratner and not in Fox's hands could have been a lot better than it was... so, if that's any indication... I'm looking at a "good" rating for script with a possible bump due to the team working on it.
thats the other thing, IMO, TIH needs to be amazing for people to see it. I agree with you that Norton could help TIH. I hope Penn proves me wrong and delivers.

I think it's contextual,if someone was to say "Van Helsing is the worst movie ever" in comparison to the latest DTDVD Van Damme release he'd be overstating the case but if he said it as relates to big budget summer blockbusters he could have a point.

Hunter you know i like repsect you as a mod and moviefan but don't...you...ever....badmouth....Van Damme :cmad:
The guy represent a movie era where us guys could just grab a few beers , get wasted , see movies where the good guy can literally devy the laws of gravity and reality by either kicking six guys mid-air or using a mini-gun to stop a bank robbery while blowing everything up.
And then still go home and shag the hot girl senseless. :up:

Synopsis from Comingsoon.net:

The explosive, action-packed adventure in one of the all-time most popular superhero sagas unfolds with a cure in reach for the world's most primal force of fury: "The Incredible Hulk." We find scientist Bruce Banner (Edward Norton) living in shadows, scouring the planet for an antidote. But the warmongers who dream of abusing his powers won't leave him alone, nor will his need to be with the only woman he has ever loved, Betty Ross (Liv Tyler).

Upon returning to civilization, our brilliant doctor is ruthlessly pursued by The Abomination (Tim Roth)--a nightmarish beast of pure adrenaline and aggression whose powers match The Hulk's own. A fight of comic-book proportions ensues as Banner must call upon the hero within to rescue New York City from total destruction. And on June 13, 2008...one scientist must make an agonizing final choice--accept a peaceful life as Bruce Banner or the creature he could permanently become: The Incredible Hulk.

I'm excited!!! :woot:

Sounds good but why is this taking place in New York? I like it to take place somewhere else like Washington.

The synopsis is pretty good. I mean, it's mostly what we've been asking for for the past few years. Somebody's been listening, and now it looks like it's becoming reality. It sounds like they know what they're doing with this version. The only thing I would change is some of the word usage. The second paragraph is a little messy.

Synopsis being basic isn't a problem as such.
Like most of the stories anyway, are coming from archetipal stories that have been told for thousands of years..
Ulysse Anyone?, Homer? all the greek myth, etc....
And even this ones are coming from much further in history.

Take a movie like apocalypse now, leave the war and all, what do you have...
the journey of one man that goes along a river to find himself (Kurtz = Willard) and all along he has to passes tests, chalenges... etc etc...
basically, it's homer odissey in vietnam men...

but yet, the plot is simple...

no back to TIH,

the plot as show is simple, thus leaves room for a great movie cause people (Audience) without realising it are already familiar with the story... so it's a PLUS

what's a big minus is like SAVA said, the people behind....

LL has style, put he hasn't proved being Coppola....
What made Apocalypse Now so great, is the force that Coppola put in the movie (and the original novel by Conrad), his visions and (loads of acids and various drugs on set :woot:)

Now, can anyone tell me that with such a simple plot, knowing Leterrier's and Penn's resume, they can pull off a great movie that won't be just cliche???

I hope they will, I highly doubt it for now...

(and btw, don't want to get into the "i watch more movies than you so I know better" argument, but well, the list you exposed so far Tempest19, is kinda all the same thing... Hollywood action, sci-fi etc....., Like Hunter said, there's plenty of other movie out there that are worth watching and as an aspiring film-maker, i hope you don't just get these ones as landmark...)

New synopsis sounds good, though I'm wondering about the part where Hulk has to 'call upon the hero within'. Seems like they are trying to make Hulk into a more conventional superhero type figure in this film.

Hunter you know i like repsect you as a mod and moviefan but don't...you...ever....badmouth....Van Damme :cmad:
The guy represent a movie era where us guys could just grab a few beers , get wasted , see movies where the good guy can literally devy the laws of gravity and reality by either kicking six guys mid-air or using a mini-gun to stop a bank robbery while blowing everything up.

I'd like to reiterate matrix ghosts sentiments in a totally serious manner.

Fact is if you like martial arts films as a genre, Van Damme rules.
Sure some of his films are a bit cheesy, but not all of them are, and despite their varying quality they all feature amazing non wire work action scenes that 99% of everyone else in the movies could not do.

Yeah his carear took a nose dive when the big studios would not work w/ him anymore but a lot of his direct to DVD films are a hell of a lot better that the popcorn crap blockbusters that the big studios put out, and that definatly includes the god awfull Van Helsing.

Suck it.

Sure some of his films are a bit cheesy, but not all of them are, and despite their varying quality they all feature amazing non wire work action scenes that 99% of everyone else in the movies could not do.

Yeah his carear took a nose dive when the big studios would not work w/ him anymore but a lot of his direct to DVD films are a hell of a lot better that the popcorn crap blockbusters that the big studios put out, and that definatly includes the god awfull Van Helsing.

Suck it.

Firstly, Dangerous, the producers already said that this would be a more "heroic" version of HULK.

Agree that VanDamme was great... That's what happens when you snort and drink away your career. He burnt too many bridges, it would take a miracle to revive that career and he's a little older now and honestly doesn't look any more sober either...

I used Bruce Willis and Sly Stallone for that,Van Damme just simply bored me as no matter how many high kicks he does he still was completely uninteresting.

I like Martial arts as a genre but prefer Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan

No one said they weren't more entertaining than Van Helsing:huh: ,most things are

Knock this crap off

Is this a new angle to the story???? I saw this posted on the TIH Wikepedia page under Premise!
I don't recall seeing these Blonsky details before?

Bruce Banner is on the run from the United States Army and General "Thunderbolt" Ross, trying to avoid capture long enough to cure the condition that turns him into the Hulk.[2] Meanwhile, a KGB agent named Emil Blonsky repeats the accident that gave Banner his powers, but as he is unable to change back to human form, he blames Bruce Banner and seeks his revenge.[3]

I'm not looking forward to Norton's performance because with his track record, he's already proved that you don't need to worry about if he'll deliver. The most anticipated part of this film and it's sure to be a fan-drawer is Abomination. Great and classic villian, unfortunuately, Mr. Roth hasn't yet proven that he can deliver.

this plot is pretty damn weak in my eyes...

TOTALLY agree, i was just getting excited about this and then they pull this cliche ****.

And will people PLEASE STOP STATING THAT ZAK PENN WROTE X2. He wrote a treatment of it, which was barely used and completely different from the fantastic final film. The only reason he got credit was because the movie followed the same basic plot line as the script. BUT, action scene's, lines, character moments and the ending were all COMPLTELY DIFFERENT.

^Yes but Steven Spielberg and Ridley Scott were behind those movies, bit of a difference there.

Fans didnt complain about the seriousness, its the s**ty pacing and the amount of time Hulk was on screen.
And the stupid crazy dad aspect, the horrible surreal transitions, the end fight scene, Hulk dogs, Hulk growing to King Kong proportions, etc. etc. etc.

Listen, I know you guys loved the Ang film, you count it as a cinematic piece of genius, or whatever. But you knew you weren't getting it with this next film. If you want Ang's film go pop it in whenever you want.

Fans, and general audiences did not approve of the movie. Critics, and Ang Lee fans did. When the Hulk recieved a 70% drop for it's second weekend, something had to change. If they brought Ang back it would be suicide for them. Their mission is to appease as many people as they can... not just the Ang fan's. They are looking for $$$ as they are a BUISNESS.

And, I realize the concern over the Talent behind it. But for me, LL's last movies seemed hindered because of polar's. The Transporter films were blind action... no plot. Danny the Dog had the potentional to balance those two things... yet, it seemed over saturated with Jet Li eating Ice Cream and not so much fighting what he had become over the years. But I believe every Director has got time to show himself. People do get better, and I'm willing to give him that shot.

As for Zak Penn, it worries me, although, I don't think he's horrible, he's just not as good as I would have hoped. I do believe Norton will butt his nose in there though, I believe he has a reputation for picking out good films (or tweaking to make them good), and has a good sense of judgement.

Synopsis from Comingsoon.net:

The explosive, action-packed adventure in one of the all-time most popular superhero sagas unfolds with a cure in reach for the world's most primal force of fury: "The Incredible Hulk." We find scientist Bruce Banner (Edward Norton) living in shadows, scouring the planet for an antidote. But the warmongers who dream of abusing his powers won't leave him alone, nor will his need to be with the only woman he has ever loved, Betty Ross (Liv Tyler).

Upon returning to civilization, our brilliant doctor is ruthlessly pursued by The Abomination (Tim Roth)--a nightmarish beast of pure adrenaline and aggression whose powers match The Hulk's own. A fight of comic-book proportions ensues as Banner must call upon the hero within to rescue New York City from total destruction. And on June 13, 2008...one scientist must make an agonizing final choice--accept a peaceful life as Bruce Banner or the creature he could permanently become: The Incredible Hulk.

I'm excited!!! :woot:

Sounds good, Lous Letterier better not disappoint. I want a Hulk flick with plenty of action, not plenty of talking like in Ang Lee's Hulk film. All of my faith for this film is now in Lous Letterier.

And the stupid crazy dad aspect, the horrible surreal transitions, the end fight scene, Hulk dogs, Hulk growing to King Kong proportions, etc. etc. etc.

Listen, I know you guys loved the Ang film, you count it as a cinematic piece of genius, or whatever. But you knew you weren't getting it here. If you want Ang's film go pop it in whenever you want.

Fans, and general audiences did not approve of the movie. Critics, and Ang Lee fans did. When the Hulk recieved a 70% drop for it's second weekend, something had to change. If they brought Ang back it would be suicide for them. Their mission is to appease as many people as they can... not just the Ang fan's. They are looking for $$$ as they are a BUISNESS.

if the pacing and the amount of time Hulk was on screen were to be changed or had been changed, people wouldnt complain. Hulk's growing was a problem. But everything else was in the comics. Which is what most fans b**ch about in the first place. That they went to far from the comics.

I think the biggest complaint is the soewhat disjointed feel of the movie in so far that it was neither an action movie nor a drama piece. it was a bit of everything which left most people dissatisfied with the ensemble. I enjoyed it myself but undersatn how others did not.

Sounds good, Lous Letterier better not disappoint. I want a Hulk flick with plenty of action, not plenty of talking like in Ang Lee's Hulk film. All of my faith for this film is now in Lous Letterier.

Well if all you want is action then LL is your guy, he may have not made cinematic gold, but the guy knows his action.

I think the biggest complaint is the soewhat disjointed feel of the movie in so far that it was neither an action movie nor a drama piece. it was a bit of everything which left most people dissatisfied with the ensemble. I enjoyed it myself but undersatn how others did not.

Hi, Cracker Jack here. most of you know how I feel/felt about Angs movie (BAH!!) so I wont go there. I just wanted to repost this because it's refreshing to see that there are people out there that understand that it's ok to want to set fire to your Hulk DVD. :oldrazz: :woot:

Good job Ahura Mazda

And, I realize the concern over the Talent behind it. But for me, LL's last movies seemed hindered because of polar's. The Transporter films were blind action... no plot. Danny the Dog had the potentional to balance those two things... yet, it seemed over saturated with Jet Li eating Ice Cream and not so much fighting what he had become over the years. But I believe every Director has got time to show himself. People do get better, and I'm willing to give him that shot.

As for Zak Penn, it worries me, although, I don't think he's horrible, he's just not as good as I would have hoped. I do believe Norton will butt his nose in there though, I believe he has a reputation for picking out good films (or tweaking to make them good), and has a good sense of judgement.

i agree with everything you said there. These two could surprise me and pull off a great movie, its just that, they are both unproven and when they had a chace before to make a serious movie like Hulk with action in it, they blew it. Thats what worries me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"