• We experienced a brief downtime due to a Xenforo server configuration update. This was an attempt to limit bot traffic. They have rolled back and the site is now operating normally. Apologies for the inconvinience.

Sequels New Writer For Spider-Man 4?

Sargent is married to Laura Ziskin. Its the only reason he got involved in the first place. And the main reason he'll get involved again.
Thats really a good thing IMO. Alvin Sargent defenitley should come back.

Alvin is 80 years old and Laura Ziskin is 57. Lol

Steven Martin just got married to a 35 year old chick... how do these geezers do it? Money does wonders...

I can't believe this thread (the most direct evidence yet of a Raimi SM4) fizzled out while the Venom spin-off thread has evolved into a symbiote genealogy lesson.

tumbleweed.jpg

Alvin Sargent definately...and Alfred Gough, Miles Millar, and Michael Chabon to do the story.

Personally, I'd like to see a NEW writer(s) for Spider-Man 4, I don't think any of the previous writers should take helm of the drafts/script. I'd like to see a really good writer who's style differs from the previous films, new blood is needed indeed. Someone who has a few good to great films under his belt--someone who can handle Sci-Fi, drama and action films well on paper.

Personally, I'd like to see a NEW writer(s) for Spider-Man 4, I don't think any of the previous writers should take helm of the drafts/script. I'd like to see a really good writer who's style differs from the previous films, new blood is needed indeed. Someone who has a few good to great films under his belt--someone who can handle Sci-Fi, drama and action films well on paper.

I agree, it'd be great to have some new writers. People who could bring some wit to the dialogues and just make it feel real. I always thought that the romantic scenes in the last movies were wrong and akward. For example: "I've always been standing on your doorway". What the hell does that mean?? And how is it a good thing?

Alvin Sargent definately...and Alfred Gough, Miles Millar, and Michael Chabon to do the story.

It's probably better that Gough and Millar not return. Their SM2 draft didn't sound too hot, and (irony of ironies) it was Avi Arad who rejected their ideas in favor of Chabon and Sargent's script.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"