NFL Offseason (Free Agency, Draft and Trades)

I know the Saints making the Super Bowl sounds absurd, but the NFC always has surprise teams making the Super Bowl. With Derek Carr now there, the NFC South is theirs to lose. I think the Eagles will be solid, but not a lot of teams nowadays that lose the Super Bowl make it back. The 49ers QB situation will be a question mark in my opinion, but they always seem to find their luck.

Outside of that, the NFC is wide open in my opinion.

My playoff predictions for this year.

AFC

1. Chiefs
2. Jaguars
3. Benglas
4. Bills
5. Broncos
6. Jets
7. Dolphins

NFC

1. Saints
2. Eagles
3. Seahawks
4. Lions
5. 49ers
6. Cowboys
7. Packers

Wild Card Round

Bills over Broncos
Jets over Bengals
Jaguars over Dolphins
Lions over 49ers
Cowboys over Seahawks
Eagles over Packers

Divisional Round

Jaguars over Bills
Chiefs over Jets
Eagles over Lions
Saints over Cowboys

Championship Weekend

Chiefs over Jaguars
Saints over Eagles

Super Bowl

Chiefs over Saints

From the NFC, I would rank these teams in this order

Eagles
Niners
Cowborys
Lions
Seahawks
Giants (you can pick'em on the last 3)

And then
Saints
Vikes
Bears

EDIT: As a Raider fan, I wouldn't get too high on Carr. If he gets any pressure at all, he tends to fold and I think the Raiders O Line rather came together later in the year. I would probably rank them above the Saints in that department. We'll see if Penning steps up. If the Saints are going to do anything, he's going to have to make a big leap.

Last edited:
I always liked Carr i just thought he had horrific coaching situations I'm rooting for his success in NO

The Jets have some good talent on that O line. The guys on the left side had some down years last season and Brown is getting up there in the years, but I think their problem is going to be whether or not they can work well together. Whether or not Rodgers takes a step back, he's a smart QB and can help his line out a little. If last year was a fluke for Brown and Tomlinson, you won't have to worry much about that line.

Rodgers IMO has always cared too much about his passer rating than actually going for it
he is scared of the risky throws prove me wrong that's why he has failed in the post season since his SB win i have close friends of mines that are Jets fans I truly hope they one day win a SB i want them to feel the same Euphoria i felt 3 times with the Giants [can't claim the 86 title i didn't know what football was] *Having said that* lol Not when were suppose to be good aswell :beaming:

Not sure why you like the Saints so much, NYSpider, other than they belong to a doormat division which they could dominate.

Looks like Burrow will be ready for Week 1. Bengals have to avoid a slow start like they had last year.

Season starts Thursday! We'll find out if the Lions are really ready to take command of the NFCN.

Not sure why you like the Saints so much, NYSpider, other than they belong to a doormat division which they could dominate.

Looks like Burrow will be ready for Week 1. Bengals have to avoid a slow start like they had last year.

Season starts Thursday! We'll find out if the Lions are really ready to take command of the NFCN.

Not TOO sure about that. If KC hands your ass to you in week one, it doesn't mean you aren't a playoff team. That being said, if Detroit has a respectable showing, it might give us some indication of where they're at.

It's gonna be a LOOOOOOOOOONG season and most of us here are gonna enjoy it; even when we get completely frustrated. I really hope there's a breakout team to make things interesting.

I mocked Detroit for taking Gibbs so early and taking Jack Campbell, a player I'd never even heard of, in the first round, but by all accounts Campbell has had an amazing camp and the Lion's D just looks that much better. Until the Bears get better (which they will soon), I'm thinking the Lions have a good shot at winning the North this year.

I'll say this if the Lions get blown out by KC without Kelce and Jones then that would be tragic
but no shame is loosing to Maholmes and Reid opening night i think they undefeated and Maholmes is like 20 TD 0 interceptions

if i'm allowed to say the Steelers will be your sleeper team this year they always draft well and never bet against Tomlin
my NFC sleeper without being a homer and picking my own team NEW YORK FOOTBALL GIANTS
I'll go with Detroit win or lose tonight they winning the NFC North

Last edited:
I mocked Detroit for taking Gibbs so early and taking Jack Campbell, a player I'd never even heard of, in the first round, but by all accounts Campbell has had an amazing camp and the Lion's D just looks that much better. Until the Bears get better (which they will soon), I'm thinking the Lions have a good shot at winning the North this year.

I've gained alot of respect for Goff for mentally staying with it after McVay and Rams told him GFY [that's my canon of the situation] lol
Hutchinson will have a pro bowl year

I've gained alot of respect for Goff for mentally staying with it after McVay and Rams told him GFY [that's my canon of the situation] lol
Hutchinson will have a pro bowl year
Goff is in that age range where things start to click for a lot of QBs. Some people pick it up immediately (think Burrow, Herbert, Mahomes, etc.), but some of these guys take awhile for things to slow down. I think Goff is in that window now. He has the talent to "possibly" be an upper 1/3 of the league QB. His problems seem to have been upstairs.

g680yc61pkf61.png

It's so weird but nice having some hype going into the season. While Kelce and Jones being out helps the Lions still think they'll lose. Just hoping the defense shows real improvement.

Nepotism Broadcasting Network

I truly hate the NBC pre game except for Dungy.

Jason Garrett FU

Man I love that football is back

Nepotism Broadcasting Network

I truly hate the NBC pre game except for Dungy.

Jason Garrett FU

Man I love that football is back

Was there ever anyone like John Madden.....an entertainer who loved the game.

Maholmes is savage man
That throw om 3rd down i swear looked liked an interception. Just insane arm talent

Brand New Lions!

The defense played so well.

Had to laugh when they finally decided to call the false start on the Chiefs at the end.

Football, hell yeah.

Toney blows.

Lions vs Jets Super Bowl.

mike-greenberg-greeny.gif

Come back to this post in February to see how right or how f**kin wrong I am. :o

Fake punt inside 20 on road against KC. King Kong sized cojones
Goff settles in
Lions vs Jets Super Bowl.

mike-greenberg-greeny.gif

Come back to this post in February to see how right or how f**kin wrong I am. :o

Fake punts from the end zone got nuthin on @Kane52630 s post. :funny:

That would be awesome though.....

I had this taped, but, I swear to god, on 4th and 20, I honestly thought Mahomes was gonna pull it off.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"