Nintendo Amiibo figures.

Your best bet is to find a store in a small town and get there as soon as they open. That's basically what I did last wave, managed to get everything I wanted.

I'm not even on the Amiibo train anymore, but I went to Best Buy, and went by the aisle. I live in a decent sized city. They had 6 Pikachus, a bunch of Bowsers, and Toads. A couple of Luigis. That was it. Just sad.

I'm working the day they release the new Amiibo's at my store. I don't know if I'll get any, but I'll try! lol.

I'm gonna get to my gamestop before they open to hopefully get Olimar, or Dr. Mario. I got some trade credit saved up so I'll be walking out of there with at least one new amiibo (fingers crossed).

****. I wanted Dr. Mario. Bowser Jr is Toys R Us exclusive. When will Nintendo learn that these exclusives just don't work. The exclusives end up so aggressively rare. Nearly a year we've been dealing with horrible amiibo management. I guess this is just the way it is now.

Well, in fairness, this is pretty common of the toy industry from what I can tell in NA. Those Funko Pops, for example, have tons of store exclusives. I think they've even had lines of certain movies that were exclusive to certain places. I don't think it's just a Nintendo thing in the end, as frustrating as it can be.

Well, in fairness, this is pretty common of the toy industry from what I can tell in NA. Those Funko Pops, for example, have tons of store exclusives. I think they've even had lines of certain movies that were exclusive to certain places. I don't think it's just a Nintendo thing in the end, as frustrating as it can be.

That's true. The problem, then, is scalpers.

Is Charizard ridiculously expensive? I meant to get it back in May...but every day after I got out of lab I was like "too tired, will get it later...."

Is Charizard ridiculously expensive? I meant to get it back in May...but every day after I got out of lab I was like "too tired, will get it later...."

Keep an eye on Amazon. I've seen him on there for a reasonable price from time to time.

Thank you, Matt. At this point there probably isn't any point in looking around in Best Buy, Target or Gamestop?

Nah, you can find it pretty close to list price. I expect it'll be more plentiful as time goes on.

That's true. The problem, then, is scalpers.

Thankfully, they are starting to up the supply, which makes it less attractive to scalpers. Just hope we get a new batch of Fire Emblem characters for the Fire Emblem release.

Thank you, Matt. At this point there probably isn't any point in looking around in Best Buy, Target or Gamestop?

Gamestop maybe. I've had luck there from time to time with the rarer ones, but really just keep an eye on Amazon. Quick and easy.

Nintendo can't control what scumbag scalpers do.

They could help. Scalpers are able to do what they do because of the limited supply. If you could readily get them in stores scalpers wouldn't be able to sell them for triple the price.

My Gamestop had quite a good stock of this wave. Several Olimars, which will probably end up being the rarest of this wave if I were to wager, and they had plenty of Classic Mario, Samus and Ganondorf. Got Ganon and Classic Mario, wasn't planning to get the latter but it actually looks pretty *****ing. Ganondorf completes my Zelda amiibo collection now. Since they're putting my man KK Slider in a 3-pack only, I think I'm done with amiibo for now. Now the wait is on for Zelda U and its inevitable mini-line.

I managed to walk by all the Amiibo today without buying them.

I think I've managed to break myself.

I got the classic Mario and Olimar today when I picked up Mario Maker. According to the dude at my local Gamestop his store got the most amiibo of any in the area. They also had some of the Splatoon three pack. Wanted it real bad, but couldn't justify the $35 expenditure after spending all I did on Mario Maker and two other amiibo. The Olimar amiibo is really great, and I haven't opened the Classic Mario, but it's pretty great in it's packaging. Love the design. Also, got a poster with my Mario Maker pre-order that looks stellar above my amiibo shelf (now much more modest than it was before).

Went to see what my store had Amiibo wise...all they had left of the newest wave was Ganon and Olimar. Didn't want either...so I kept walking...*sigh*

I'm surprised, because it seems like Olimar is ending up being kind of plentiful from what I've read. I assumed he'd be one of those gone in a flash amiibos, never to be seen again.

Going to hit up my local Gamestops later tonight to see what I can find.

Going to hit up my local Gamestops later tonight to see what I can find.

I don't want to get your hopes up, but my GS got a decent size stock of Charizard with the new wave yesterday I noticed.

My local Target had probably 15 Dr. Mario's when I went in today. I love me some Dr. Mario so of course I picked one up. It's a fantastic build.

By happenstance I was flagged by my friend where I work and he showed me we got a single Charizard Amiibo! I had him hold it back and I bought it on break! Worth it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"