Nintendo Amiibo figures.

GOD DAMMIT why did I resist Amiibos this long, I need a Link for ~BOTW and cant find any for even a half decent price

i was seeing them at about £5 6 weeks ago :(

I'd say we get the last of the Smash amiibo when they announce SSB for the Switch. We're missing three, right? Cloud, Bayonetta and Corrin.

Yeah, those three and yeah, basic assumption is that they'll announce them along with the Smash Switch port. Which is...okay, whatever, I guess.

The Guardian amiibo is perhaps the best built amiibo Nintendo has made. It's such a great figure. From the pictures it didn't look very impressive, but I saw one at Walmart and it was just too great to pass up.

2 Bayonetta Amiibos. Crap. I just bet Bayo 1 is going to be a pain in the ass to get.

You can pre-order Cloud and Bayonetta on Best Buy right now. Just did.

Three Links, and a few others from Smash Brothers

[FONT=&quot]On today's Nintendo Direct, Nintendo talked about ARMS and Splatoon 2, but they also covered a number of 3DS titles as well as some Amiibo news.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]In fact, they announced six new Amiibo. These include three Legend of Zelda Amiibos (pictured below) and three more for the downloadable characters from Super Smash Brothers, Bayonetta, Corrin, and Cloud.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
meee.png
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Not only that, but the three latter Amiibo have two versions available, and some are exclusive to certain retailers, yet to be named. All of these Amiibo will be available July 21.[/FONT]

IN THIS ARTICLE

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tags:
NINTENDO SWITCH
[/FONT]

Also with

Are you a kid or a squid?

[FONT=&quot]Earlier this month we got our first taste of Splatoon 2 via a public beta. Lots of people felt that the game was basically Splatoon 1.5 but Nintendo was quick to squash those concerns in their Nintendo Direct earlier today.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Nintendo revealed that a brand new PVE horde mode called Salmon Run. You and a team of inklings fight against deadly salmon monsters to score some new items called Power Eggs. You can check out some brand new gameplay down below.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot][YT]8alvfmZi0zY[/YT][/FONT]
Splatoon 2 – Nintendo Direct 4.12.2017

[FONT=&quot]
  • 65,432 views6 hours ago
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Nintendo also revealed some brand new Amiibos that'll launch alongside the game. They'll have a variety of features attached to them and they'll occasionally drop some new goodies for you to use![/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
splatoon2-amiibos.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Splatoon 2 will release exclusively on Nintendo Switch on July 21st, 2017.[/FONT]

source:http://www.gamezone.com/
GZ_logo-e60bbbfb8172ed2476fe1c65210e382e.svg

Took way too long to get Cloud and Bayonetta Amiibo

Getting both Bayos, and the new Inkling Boy and Girl. I think I'll skip the new Zelda ones, though. I'm not sure why, just don't care much for any of them vs the ones I already have. The MM one is disappointing, too. I was hoping it'd be Deity Link.

I may get one of the Clouds just to have.

Yeah, I'm not exactly thrilled to get minor differences in Link figures.

Though MM Link is tempting for the Fierce Diety costume.

Advent Children Cloud (or Player 2 Cloud as the alts are being labeled) is exclusive to Gamestop. You can order it online there now if you want. Female Corrin is Amazon exclusive, but the link for it hasn't gone live yet though you can find it if you search. No word on Bayo alt yet. Probably Best Buy, if I were to guess.

Bayonetta, Cloud, Link, Inklings & Squid’s Upcoming Amiibo Figures Get A Closer Look. April 16, 2017 . 3:30pm

Nintendo shared a closer look at the upcoming amiibo figure sets of Link from the Legend of Zelda, Bayonetta, male & female Corrin, and Cloud from Smash, and another Splatoon trio.

28 comments Read >

Nintendo has recently shared a look at the upcoming amiibo figures for Splatoon 2, Super Smash Bros., and The Legend of Zelda.

New photos have been posted to the official Twitter accounts of the games, giving a detailed look at the amiibos which are slated to release sometime this summer. You can check them out below.

Link

Cloud

Corrin (Male and Female)

Bayonetta P2 is Best Buy exclusive. Preorders are up now.

Nabbed my Bayonettas.

Bayonetta P2 is Best Buy exclusive. Preorders are up now.

Nabbed my Bayonettas.
as said they are up but what wasn't is to head to best buy

Best Buy is the only place to get these two Amiibo exclusives

[FONT=&quot]During the last Nintendo Direct, Nintendo revealed a new line of Amiibo. It was also announced that some would be vendor exclusive, without further explanation. We learned today that Best Buy has one such exclusive deal.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The Majora's Mask Link Amiibo and Bayonetta Player 2 Amiibo are Best Buy exclusive. The unfortunate part is, the Link Amiibo sold out of pre-orders before Best Buy even posted their press release about it. They'll most likely restock after the initial, however. They hit shelves June 23.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Bayonetta Player 2 releases at Best Buy July 21 and is still available. The other Amiibo not listed, but announced during the last Nintendo Direct will be available July 21.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

IN THIS ARTICLE

[FONT=&quot][/FONT][FONT=&quot]Tags:
AMIIBO
[/FONT]
source: http://www.gamezone.com/
GZ_logo-e60bbbfb8172ed2476fe1c65210e382e.svg

So, more Zelda: BOTW Amiibo.

Mario, Peach, and Bowser in wedding outfits.

New Samus and Metroid.

And now, more Fire Emblem amiibo, so far Chrom and Tiki.

Nintendo need to announce an Amiibo toys-to-life game. They need to be doing more than they actually are.

Nintendo need to announce an Amiibo toys-to-life game. They need to be doing more than they actually are.

Nah, not really. Toys-to-life games are basically on their deathbed. Infinity died, rumor has that the next Skylanders will be the last because the toy sells have tanked, and Lego Dimensions has mostly maintained through staggered license releases and the Lego brand. Releasing a toy-to-life game name would be pretty pointless overall, unless it was just a shallow F2P game that no one really cared about anyway.

I think Nintendo tackled amiibo with a better long term strategy. They are, first and foremost, collectibles. They do thinks in software as an added bonus, but they are cheap collectibles above all, so their value isn't attached to a specific project (this is why Infinity figures' price tanked, since no one really cared about them since their whole identity was tied to a game series that ceased to exist).

Hopefully Nintendo got the most out of Amiibo. They will be a distant memory sooner rather than later.

Nah, amiibo is something that is going to be a permanent fixture for Nintendo, or at least will for the foreseeable future. They may rebrand it at some point, but cheap collectibles straight from Nintendo that sells out? Even if sells are down from the Smash hype, it's still a slam dunk. The only real misfire was the Animal Crossing line, but even if that was offset by the strong amiibo card sales.

See: reaction to squishy Metroid...

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"