Nintendo Amiibo figures.

I'd like to amiibo to eventually unlock characters, you know? Like a Kirby amiibo unlocks the ability to play as Yarn Kirby in Yoshi's Wooly World, or something along those lines.

Paying that much for something like a Stadium Events or a gold NWC cart is one thing, but to get that high for a brand new figure that's defective is another. Again, it sounds like shill bids.
oh nearly missed this. you weren't paying attention during the time of the Furbies and Beanie babies the same thing 's happened ad people were alot weirder about those.

Why some of you are denying shill bidding is true is beyond me? Oh well, I guess this has to be 100% true.....

It's the very reason why sooooooo many vintage games are jacked up in price. Too many people look at the shill bids, and don't take into account what the actual item was sold for in the end. It makes certain items look like it has more worth than it really has. This happens all the time on ebay.

Last edited:
Why some of you are denying shill bidding is true is beyond me? Oh well, I guess this has to be true 100%.....
Yo , when I made that post I wasn't trying to deny anything. Just letting you know how nuts the world is about stuff like this being deformed or not. Look up the Furbies & Beanie babies being defective as with this and how much people still payed for them.

Yo , when I made that post I wasn't trying to deny anything. Just letting you know how nuts the world is about stuff like this being deformed or not. Look up the Furbies & Beanie babies being defective as with this and how much people still payed for them.
Exactly. Both are possible, which means I can believe someone would pay that much for a Nintendo collectable.

I'd like to amiibo to eventually unlock characters, you know? Like a Kirby amiibo unlocks the ability to play as Yarn Kirby in Yoshi's Wooly World, or something along those lines.

Yeah that would be cool.

I'd hate that. That should be something you get from paying for the very expensive games.

Why? If it's a Yoshi game why do you need it unless you have Kirby Amiibo?

I'm sorry but if you have people willing to buy your little toys then they should get something more than those who don't.. Even if it's something as trivial as Yarn Kirby in Yoshi's Yarn World or whatever. Don't want to buy Amiibo's? That's cool.. The game is completely playable and you miss nothing.. You do buy Amiibo's well since you spent 12 extra dollars put your Kirby on the WiiU Pad and you get Kirby In your game.

Because this new method of unlocking is a step back. This is not how it use to be. It is why I adore a game like Bayonetta.

Costumes and weapons, smaller stuff, I don't mind, but actual character unlocks I kind of agree with Darth. That's a pretty substantial thing to unlock behind an amiibo

Why? If it's a Yoshi game why do you need it unless you have Kirby Amiibo?

I'm sorry but if you have people willing to buy your little toys then they should get something more than those who don't.. Even if it's something as trivial as Yarn Kirby in Yoshi's Yarn World or whatever. Don't want to buy Amiibo's? That's cool.. The game is completely playable and you miss nothing.. You do buy Amiibo's well since you spent 12 extra dollars put your Kirby on the WiiU Pad and you get Kirby In your game.

That's my thought. I bought a Kirby amiibo for Smash, and it's pretty cool. If my Kirby amiibo also let me play as Kirby in another game that wouldn't otherwise have Kirby, even better. The amiibo's need another functionality.

Oh BTW Toys R Us is having a cool deal. Save $10 when you spend $35 on amiibo, Skylander and Disney Infinity. Got myself a Samus amiibo and my girlfriend a Baymax Infinity figure and a few accessories for a damn good price.

Ummmm

B4S2H8ZIgAEYJYS.png

yeah people were already hoping over the person that wrote article at game informer before that tweet. But it's likely to be the Nintendo rep that told them this that had the article made inthe first place, that'll be in the most trouble.

So is there any Amiibo figures that are a must-buy for Wii U gamers? I know Nintendo wants to sell them as well as the Skylanders figures but I hope none of them are mandatory for any of their games.

So is there any Amiibo figures that are a must-buy for Wii U gamers? I know Nintendo wants to sell them as well as the Skylanders figures but I hope none of them are mandatory for any of their games.

The closest one would be Link if you have Hyrule Warriors. It unlocks a new weapon.

It all depends on how you feel about their functionality. I think how they implimented them in Smash is cool as hell, but I have only used one of them so far. At this point, they really aren't trying to sell amiibos in the same way as Infinity or Skylanders. The idea behind them seem to be that they're cool, relatively affordable collectibles, that just happen to do nifty little things in certain games.

Nintendo of America Say Certain Amiibo Figurines May Return At A Later Point. December 10, 2014 . 8:00pm

In a new statement e-mailed to Siliconera this afternoon, Nintendo of America said that certain sold-out Amiibo figures may return to the market after all.

Earlier in the week, Nintendo stated that they would not replenish stock of certain Amiibo figurines once they have sold through their initial shipment. However, in a new statement e-mailed to Siliconera this afternoon, Nintendo of America said that certain sold-out Amiibo figures may return to the market after all.

Nintendo’s statement read as follows:

Some amiibo were very popular at launch, and it is possible that some amiibo in the United States, Canada and Latin America may not be available right now due to high demand and our efforts to manage shelf space during the launch period. Certain sold-out amiibo may return to these markets at a later stage. We are continually aiming to always have a regular supply of amiibo in the marketplace and there are many waves of amiibo to come. The distribution and availability of amiibo in other regions around the world may be different.
Going by that statement, it appears Nintendo of America are at least considering bringing certain Amiibo back to market once they’ve sold out. Perhaps there’s hope for Villager, Marth and Wii Fit Trainer—which are currently in short supply—after all.

Read more stories about amiibo & Nintendo 3DS & Wii U on Siliconera.

also with
Nintendo of Europe to keep 'regular supply' of Amiibos

(13 hours ago)

Nintendo of Europe plans on replenishing its sold-out Amiibo stock following word that some of the figurines will be discontinued. The publisher told GameSpot that its "supplies of Amiibo are currently available in the European market." The statement runs slightly counter to that of Nintendo of America yesterday, which acknowledged that "due to shelf space constraints, other figures likely will not return to the market once they have sold through their initial shipment."

"We are continually aiming to always have a regular supply of Amiibo brought into the marketplace and there are many waves of Amiibo to come," Nintendo of Europe added. The concerns began with a tweet from Canadian retailer VideoGamesPlus, which said that Nintendo discontinued the Marth, Wii Fit Trainer and Animal Crossing Villager Amiibo toys. Nintendo of Europe noted the popularity of the figures, adding that "it's always possible that a few retailers may have sold out." Regardless, we'll always have our ass-kicking, borderline-sentient Mario Amiibo to toy with.
Via:JoyStiq
source: GameSpot& Siliconera

Last edited:
Bidding tops $25,000 on Peach amiibo with missing legs

(6 hours ago)

The only thing Nintendo fans love more than the highly collectible amiibo are amiibo with massive factory defects. For proof, look no further than eBay, where a Peach amiibo with no legs recently attracted bids as high as $25,100.

Described as "factory sealed and in mint condition," the amiibo features the same flowing dress found on normal Peach figures, but in this apparently valuable defect, the princess of the Mushroom Kingdom appears to have misplaced her legs within all of that pink fabric. Despite the aesthetic oddity, this defect has no effect on the NFC chip that allows the amiibo to transfer data to and from Wii U games.

While all eBay auctions are suspect until money actually changes hands, this is not the first time an oddly constructed amiibo has drawn huge bids on the auction site. Earlier this month, we reported on the auction of a Samus amiibo equipped with an extra arm cannon that reached $2,500.
[Image: Nintendo/usmik_72rcplxb]​

I got an amibo figure for Kris Kringle yesterday. Yay, something actually cool from kk!

It's yoshi but I'm not sure what games it's compatible with. I guess I better get super smash brothers now

Link Was The Most Popular Amiibo In Japan, Too. December 12, 2014 . 11:01am

Nintendo’s Amiibo figurines sold 104,000 units across 18 characters at launch.

Last week, Nintendo released Super Smash Bros. for Wii U in Japan. The game sold 227,527 copies at retail.

Additionally, Japanese sales tracker Media Create added in their weekly report that Nintendo’s Amiibo figurines sold 104,000 units across 18 characters. Of all the Amiibos, Link was the most popular, likely because his Amiibo is also compatible with Hyrule Warriors and unlocks a special weapon in that game.

Food for thought:
You may recall Nintendo of America mentioning that Link was also the most popular Amiibo in the U.S., likely for the same reason.

Read more stories about amiibo & Super Smash Bros. Wii U & This Week In Sales & Wii U on Siliconera.

source: Siliconera

Bandai Namco on board with amiibo, One Piece gets Nintendo-themed costumes

(1 hour ago)

Bandai Namco has signed on as the first third-party publisher to offer amiibo support with its recently launched Nintendo 3DS action game One Piece: Super Grand Battle X.

Nintendo Everything (via a Shonen Jump magazine magazine scan captured at Arlong Park Forums) reveals that Nintendo's figurines will unlock exclusive costumes within Bandai Namco's manga-based brawler as part of a forthcoming update. Series protagonist Luffy will wear Mario and Luigi costumes after players scan matching amiibo, while Sanji boasts an optional Fox McCloud outfit and Zoro can dress up as Link.

Amiibo support is enabled in 3DS games via the NFC-compatible New 3DS hardware revision or a standalone peripheral. North American releases for the New 3DS and One Piece: Super Grand Battle X have not been announced.

[Image: Bandai Namco]​

Ok, what about One Piece and Dragon Ball Z Amiibos?

well that's not what happening, but that would be interesting if it was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"