The Dark Knight Rises Nolan...add Robin!!!!!! - Part 1

I would hope you'd have some more damning evidence other than three words.

How is Robin going to be in TDKR?

If Nolan wanted he would put him. That's called possibility.

He's not, plain and simple. Nolan has outright stated it.

But what I think El Payaso is trying to say is that he could still introduce Robin at this point in the trilogy and execute it well. Saying it's "not possible" at this point in the trilogy from a theoretical standpoint is incorrect.

Absolutely. Of course I know he won't include him. I said so myself in this very page. BUt it's not an impossibility.

since this is supposedly the last nolan batman flick i do not see the need to add robin at all. maybe in the next reboot or story telling they can add him.

Sorry to hear that you don't think Nolan could make a success of him.

THATS NOT WHAT I SAID AT ALL. I simply think that the groundwork laid in Batman Begins lends credence to the fact that Robin simply doesn't exist in Nolan's universe.

Ragnarok, your argument that Robin cannot exist in Nolanverse is obviously entirely dependent upon the finality of the Nolanverse incarnation of Batman with TDKR. That's fine and dandy, but it does not mean that theoretically he could exist in the Nolanverse world. Which is an entirely different thing.

You have this grating tendency to make statements that carries an air of authority and finality and refuse to brook any theoretical thought. That's not particularly conducive to conversation, nor is it particularly helpful given the way this topic has morphed as a discussion. Could Robin exist in keeping with Nolan's Batman universe? Yes, he could if Christopher Nolan and David Goyer decided to go there. Theoretically, he could. However, if you're going to work exclusively on the finality of Nolan's Batman work for TDKR then your only answer can be no because even if the film concludes with Batman clearly still "on-going," stories are no longer being told from that point on and the universe effectively ceases to exist so then "no" is the answer. But this thread has been speaking theoretically for quite some time.

Ragnarok, your argument that Robin cannot exist in Nolanverse is obviously entirely dependent upon the finality of the Nolanverse incarnation of Batman with TDKR. That's fine and dandy, but it does not mean that theoretically he could exist in the Nolanverse world. Which is an entirely different thing.

You have this grating tendency to make statements that carries an air of authority and finality and refuse to brook any theoretical thought.

Cry me a friggin river man; if you can't read what I'm saying and see I have granted nearly EVERY side of the discussions points and created a view than encompasses all of them, then that's your fault.

I've said a million times, I'll Grant Robin in many similar circumstances but, the title of this thread is NOLAN ADD ROBIN. Theorize all you want; I don't care, MY argument is on the subject of Nolanverse, if you're argument is NOT on Nolanverse clearly it has no bearing on you, so stop taking offense, at things not directed at you.

For you to talk about me refusing to "brook any theoretical though:t is so absurd; When you're points are rigidly place to oppose mine no matter what they say. (like this post) It seems more as if you are focused on trying to discredit my points at every chance you get instead of actively reading and engaging in what I'm saying.

I hold faith you'd be able to one day, actually read my post, understand what I'm saying and legitimately try to counter my points instead of inserting some bogus personal opinion about me and then trying to shove your point in simultaneously.

I have to say you've managed to really tick me off with your last post, otherwise I was fine with our debates.

That's not particularly conducive to conversation, nor is it particularly helpful given the way this topic has morphed as a discussion.

Sure, ok...my post have been the ones stopping the discussion. let me read a few pages back and see that for myself.
:whatever:

Could Robin exist in keeping with Nolan's Batman universe? Yes, he could if Christopher Nolan and David Goyer decided to go there.

hm...I could have sworn I've agreed with this.

Theoretically, he could. However, if you're going to work exclusively on the finality of Nolan's Batman work for TDKR then your only answer can be no

Is repeating exactly what I say making YOU seem any more thorough in your answers?

Nolanverse = Nolan's Universe if someone else comes in and does something it's someoneelseverse...not Nolanverse...

That seems pretty self explanatory.

because even if the film concludes with Batman clearly still "on-going," stories are no longer being told from that point on and the universe effectively ceases to exist so then "no" is the answer.

Again, I've said this a lot, already

But this thread has been speaking theoretically for quite some time.

Ok and?

I said in a post ON THIS PAGE, that if you're talking about a similarly constructed universe like Nolan's then you're all right he is possible.

But if you're speaking specifically about Nolan's universe, then (unless Robin is in TDKR) it's not possible and arguments whether it was EVER possible are just so pointless; of course it was possible...so was clayface and Manbat. If BB was an animated film Mad Hatter could have been in it....Everything was possible at conception...but we all know that already.

Doesn't this accommodate both the morphed conversation and it's original intent?

Last edited:
Cry me a friggin river man; if you can't read what I'm saying and see I have granted nearly EVERY side of the discussions points and created a view than encompasses all of them, then that's your fault.

I've said a million times, I'll Grant Robin in many similar circumstances but, the title of this thread is NOLAN ADD ROBIN. Theorize all you want; I don't care, MY argument is on the subject of Nolanverse, if you're argument is NOT on Nolanverse clearly it has no bearing on you, so stop taking offense, at things not directed at you.

For you to talk about me refusing to "brook any theoretical though:t is so absurd; When you're points are rigidly place to oppose mine no matter what they say. (like this post) It seems more as if you are focused on trying to discredit my points at every chance you get instead of actively reading and engaging in what I'm saying.

I hold faith you'd be able to one day, actually read my post, understand what I'm saying and legitimately try to counter my points instead of inserting some bogus personal opinion about me and then trying to shove your point in simultaneously.

I have to say you've managed to really tick me off with your last post, otherwise I was fine with our debates.

Sure, ok...my post have been the ones stopping the discussion. let me read a few pages back and see that for myself.
:whatever:

hm...I could have sworn I've agreed with this.

Is repeating exactly what I say making YOU seem any more thorough in your answers?

Nolanverse = Nolan's Universe if someone else comes in and does something it's someoneelseverse...not Nolanverse...

That seems pretty self explanatory.

Again, I've said this a lot, already

Ok and?

I said in a post ON THIS PAGE, that if you're talking about a similarly constructed universe like Nolan's then you're all right he is possible.

But if you're speaking specifically about Nolan's universe, then (unless Robin is in TDKR) it's not possible and arguments whether it was EVER possible are just so pointless; of course it was possible...so was clayface and Manbat. If BB was an animated film Mad Hatter could have been in it....Everything was possible at conception...but we all know that already.

Doesn't this accommodate both the morphed conversation and it's original intent?

You make me laugh. You really do.

Here's the latest concept art of Robin from Arkham City from IGN. http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1180689p1.html

The style is definitely more mature and still classic all at the same time. I think it fits with the description they give their version of Tim Drake being a cage or MMA fighter in his spare time to keep an edge. I like it and could possibly see this working in a nolan-esque Batman movie later after TDKR.

batmanarkhamcity2011070.jpg

Love it. I also like the Han Solo pants:woot:

Here's the latest concept art of Robin from Arkham City from IGN. http://ps3.ign.com/articles/118/1180689p1.html

The style is definitely more mature and still classic all at the same time. I think it fits with the description they give their version of Tim Drake being a cage or MMA fighter in his spare time to keep an edge. I like it and could possibly see this working in a nolan-esque Batman movie later after TDKR.

I dig it except for the hood. That seems pointless to me.

Aside from the callback to another Robin (Hood), I think it also serves as a great cloak in conjunction with the domino mask. Never did fancy such an open look, when Bats himself is almost completely covered.

Good lord. You people are so homophobic that they caved in and turned Robin into generic badass #42. Hey Tim! Male Shepard, Marcus from Gears, Cole from Infamous and Star-killer from Force Unleashed called, they want their look back.

Lose the shaved head and make him at least 18 or 20 years old. He looks way too old here. I like the hood though, goes well with the domino mask.

Good lord. You people are so homophobic that they caved in and turned Robin into generic badass #42. Hey Tim! Male Shepard, Marcus from Gears, Cole from Infamous and Star-killer from Force Unleashed called, they want their look back.

Lose the shaved head and make him at least 18 or 20 years old. He looks way too old here. I like the hood though, goes well with the domino mask.

How does he look like any of those people? Because he's white and somewhat muscular? And what makes you think his head is even shaved? You can't tell in this picture because of that stupid hood.

How does he look like any of those people? Because he's white and somewhat muscular? And what makes you think his head is even shaved? You can't tell in this picture because of that stupid hood.

Okay I overreacted but will say that he looks to old in the specific picture
I just hope they don't make him all grumpy, not that he'll have any dialogue since he's a combat challenge character. Even Damian was sarcastic and jokey at times.

I like Robin in Arkham City except for the shaved head. Give him some hair and I'll be all good :p

What is wrong with a shaved head? That's a normal look!

What is wrong with a shaved head? That's a normal look!

Well I just don't really like the look of it on Tim.

I also don't know how Many games I've played these days that have characters with shaved heads. I don't have a problem with it, it's just it seems there's a lack of inspiration with character design these days. Alot better than everyone looking like ridiculous anime like characters though :p

Maybe I'm having bad memories of Chris O' Donnell :(

*cries*

Just saying it's a normal look. Don't believe me? Sam Worthington is probably the best example

Just saying it's a normal look. Don't believe me? Sam Worthington is probably the best example

Yeah I know it's a normal look. Hell, my hair is close enough that someone who doesn't look twice would say "Is your head shaved?". Okay, maybe a bit exaggerated but hair is damn short.

I'm not a big fan of Sam Worthington :p honestly don't think he can act that well at all.

The blowup was the best part of the movie. And it wasn't even in the movie!

[YT]yg2u_De8j5o[/YT]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"