The Dark Knight Rises Nolan...add Robin!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
After B3 they'll need to wait a while before starting a new trilogy. Any new movies will have to be in a different tone to Nolans stuff, a new approach, an extension. So why not age Batman and introduce Robin? Make a 'Robins Begins' of sorts, and by trilogies end he is Nightwing.

Agree Robin is integral to Batman lore. But you don't have to a be genius to see why Nolan won't use him.

TDK is far too early for Batman to take on an apprentice. Give him some experience on his own before you have him training someone else.

That said, I am a fan of the Robin character, and would love to see him done on screen, in due time. Robin's a character who has this terrible image in the eyes of most people, and a movie would do well to show them that he's not the same campy little kid he was in the 60's. Of course, dont cast a 20-something actor either.

Mr_Mortis said:
Oh dear me.... there are far too many threads on this topic.

Nolan's already suggested it is highly unlikely that Robin will make an appearance in the films, while he is directing...

No he said that the idea 4 or 5 films away.

actually, i think Batman 4 would be a good way to bring robin in. I mean if our theories are true and thej oker kills rachael and scars dent. Then, Batman will start becoming brooding and becoming too dark. Now, when he see dick alone it reminds him of himself. He adopts him but, because at this point he is that obsessed he doesn't have time for him.

Dick finds out who Bruce is and wants to join. Be his partner. Bruce says he works alone. He doesn't want a partner.

1) because he's a loner.

and

2) because he's trying to protect dick.

Alfred knows that dick could try and get revenge and loose himself. He takes him under his wing and mentors him. A sort of pre-batman.

unknown to Bruce, dick gets the gear from Fox pretending taht Bruce is taking him spelunking and base-jumping. Fox is sceptical but, gives it to him. And robin is born. He follows batman and tries to persuad him to train him and let him be his partner. Batman won't budge which results in arguments with the two. Bruce only look out for Dick's well-being.

In an attempt to prove himself. Dick goes out into the night to fight crime. He stumbles on a drug deal. And by shear beginners luck, he defeats the drug dealers. And makes the papers. Batman sees that Robin has potential and agrees to train him as long as he understands that he listnes to batman and if batman feels taht something is too dangerous for dick, he'll back off.

Two Face said:
No in the film Bruce turned 30. in real life bale is 31.
He is actually 32, almost 33. He was born in January 30, 1974.

The problem is big.

The solution, simple: No Robin.

This is early Bats.

Hell no to Robin.

Ok.

I am a Robin fan, especially of Tim Drake's Robin.

However, I think that Robin is somewhat problematic of a character for Nolan's series.

First of all, in Nolan's World, which is very close to our world, if you are using a teenager under the age of 18 that is child endangerment and regardless of how "skilled" he may be, its just irresponsible for Bruce to even put himself in that position. This isn't a game. Even Batman himself faces the possibility that he won't make it home alive on any given night.

Second, Batman is a grown man who has been preparing for his one man "war on crime" for a big portion of his life. (In Nolan's movie I think Bruce has been training for at least 10 years at the time of BB.)

It seems like an complete insult that the audience is suppose to buy in to the belief that some 13-15 yrs kid can come in an be on par with Batman, just because he has some acrobatic skills.

Its also an insult to Nolan's Bruce Wayne.

What Batman is able to do as the Dark Knight Detective should be near impossible to duplicate by anyone else, especially by a kid who has been trained even by Batman for only a year or two.

I know it works in the comics, but movies are a different medium.

Is it impossible for it to work?

No, I don't think so.

Is it worth the box office risk to try to make it worth?

Well, after the laughfest of Batman Forever and the complete and utter embarressment of B&R, I just don't see WB or Nolan taking the chance.

I highly doubt we will never see Robin in a NOLAN movie.

Is it possible that Nolan could do a little foreshadowing in the 2nd sequel by adding Dick Grayson to the cast?

Yes, possible, but highly unlikely based on previous comments about the character.

I think we will see Robin back in this series when WB runs out of ideas of stories for Batman. That is traditionally, what Hollywood does when a T.V. show or movie franchise begins to run out of steam. If you have to do that, its just time to shut it down.

In other words, adding kids to a storyline that didn't really have a place for them originally, is the beginning of the end.

So lets hope that the Batman series can remain strong to where producers don't even feel a need to resort to a comic book character that just doesn't fit into the world that Nolan created.

I'm sure by the time when Robin is added, Nolan's vision will be dead anyway.

Plus, I still think there are countless movie that can be made with just Batman that would still remain Box office gold if the commitment is there.

Bond is still going strong after 21 movies...and they didn't even have to resort to giving him a Junior Partner!!

the problem with Robin (all of them) is that there too campy..
the only sidekick of any DC hero that can come off as an good Movie character is Mia Dearden aka Speedy II the new Side kick of Green Arrow..

8091_art.jpg

if they are going to add some supporting Heroes in the next Batman movies then i think its better for them to add HEROES not sidekicks..
There are alot of heroes that have history in gotham othen then Batman.
Black canary, Huntress, etc

I belive that Nolan takes alot of inspiration from DKR so maybe adding Green Arrow issent a bad idea..
But I dont belive that Nolan is going to add any sidekick or hero into his Batman movies,

hey, what did you think of my idea for robin?

Robin cannot work well into the Nolan universe. Robin is just straight up campy he won't make it dark. I think they dick grayson should just have a cameo in the third one without him being robin just for the audience to acknowledge that robin exist in the Batman universe. Remember guys, Batman Begins is a movie based on a comic book it's not a comic book movie.

What? Two pages?

THIS THREAD NEEDS AN ENEMA!

FWOOT!

Do you think that his RObin would fit in Nolan's universe:

Red Robin of Kingdom Come (1996). Art by Alex Ross.

im thinking that the closest thing to robin will be a hint at the end of batman begins 3 and/or bruce going to the circus meeting dick. that's about it.

This is the Edsel of threads.

If Satan had the runs, it would be this thread.

The rule should be you can only post in this thread while wearing boxing gloves.

paewpl;fvzdpo[ewqop[er
'awzfmdvb';az
FRPalsbfgo';dsaovgl,l;o'wsgpF
ZSvlrzges5opkalp
fg[po;wkl[s'
g

COMPO said:
Do you think that his RObin would fit in Nolan's universe:

Red Robin of Kingdom Come (1996). Art by Alex Ross.

That didn't even fit Kingdom Come.

A future realistic Space Ghost flick maybe?

Kebab gud said:
the problem with Robin (all of them) is that there too campy..
Try reading a modern Batman comic before saying stupid stuff like this.

El Payaso said:
The problem is big.

The solution, simple: No Robin.

See, this is why these Robin debates are always lame. No matter what argument is given for him, nearly every anti-Robin comment is no more than a couple of sentences. "Robin is lame!" "no Robin" "Robin sucks!". Yeah, we get it, you dont like him. Try saying something else for once, perhaps try to explain yourself.

Most of us have grown tired of explaining the many reasons why Robin sucks once and again. You sure you wanna hear them yet again?

El Payaso said:
Most of us have grown tired of explaining the many reasons why Robin sucks once and again. You sure you wanna hear them yet again?

I asked, didn't I?

people who want robin are prolly people who still havent gone through puperty yet

I am not anti-Robin. In fact I have no real problem with Robin.

HOWEVER... there is at least one good reason I can think of not to include him in this series, and it's very simple: it divides the fanbase. Everybody who likes Batman is fine with him solo. Some people also like him with Robin, and some people hate Robin. Some people like Robin but only if he bears no resemblance to Robin; and that's just dumb. People who want Kingdom Come Robin or Robin to be grown and wear all black... you people sicken me.

Let me ask you. People think that Batman having a young boy with him is "gay." (Despite the obvious point that, biology aside, it's actually a father-son relationship). But if Robin is grown, then... well... now THAT would much more likely raise questions of homosexuality, wouldn't it?

Again, dividing the friggen fanbase. I am so sick of this argument.

And there it is. A movie is designed to reach a wide audience, so Robin won't be near it, I think.

With that said, there is no absolute as to whether Robin is a good thing or a bad thing; the only absolute is that if he's done poorly, he is very very crappy. If he is done well, he's a good character.

Period. End of discussion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"