The Dark Knight Nolan talks Ledger and additional casting...

jrd550 said:
I hope you're completely and utterly wrong!

Me too, but I was only joking. Could you imagine the utter chaos if that was true? It would be worse than the North Korean crisis. I KID YOU NOT!

kytrigger said:
I don't think it was that much time in between th escene, maybe a few weeks. I'm not sure a fully refurbished Wayne Manor and Batcave will be in the beginning, but throughout the movie (which could span months) they might rebuild them.

Thats true. It would be kind of cool to see Bruce and Alfred modifying the cave, the suit, and the tumbler. In the meantime, maybe they are staying at his downtown apartment in the Wayne Foundation building.

raybia said:
Thats true. It would be kind of cool to see Bruce and Alfred modifying the cave, the suit, and the tumbler. In the meantime, maybe they are staying at his downtown apartment in the Wayne Foundation building.
That way he can zip straight to the cave from his office like in BF

Ronny Shade said:
That way he can zip straight to the cave from his office like in BF

Yeah, that was the best part of the movie.

I wouldn't be surprised to not hear anything until after The Prestige. I mean, they've been working on that movie for a while now. I'd want to focus press on that and not Batman which doesn't come out for another 2 years.

raybia said:
Here's a question. How much time passed from when Bruce, Rachel, and Alfred was at the ruins of Wayne Manor to the scene of Batman and Gordon?

My concern? Whether a rebuilt Wayne Manor and refurbished batcave will appear if the sequel does pick up from the end of BB. That would also suggest that the Batsuit and the tumbler will be virtually the same, which isn't necessarily bad.

Perhaps Nolan & co. will go with the penthouse as in the comics of late 60s till the 80s, where Bruce and Alfred lived in a penthouse apartment on top of the Wayne Enterprises building, which also has a sort of sub basement acting like a batcave.

Edenbeast said:
Perhaps Nolan & co. will go with the penthouse as in the comics of late 60s till the 80s, where Bruce and Alfred lived in a penthouse apartment on top of the Wayne Enterprises building, which also has a sort of sub basement acting like a batcave.

That would actually be damn cool. Then at the end of the movie unveil the new Wayne Manor and the new and improved BATCAVE!

Majik1387 said:
^I kinda like that idea. Manors take time to be built and Bruce won be homeless while it's being built.

Maybe Harvey Dent will let him sleep on his sofa?.. :o

;):D

raybia said:
That would actually be damn cool. Then at the end of the movie unveil the new Wayne Manor and the new and improved BATCAVE!

If there is a new batcave, it better not look like it was made 3000tons of concrete. I like it natural.

Hey, they can put in TDK Gilda as Harvey's bride. But after that trial on Joker in 3rd movie, Gilda will start having close relationship with Bruce.

This would work.

Cinemaman said:
Hey, they can put in TDK Gilda as Harvey's bride. But after that trial on Joker in 3rd movie, Gilda will start having close relationship with Bruce.

This would work.
Yeah, if they wanted to portray Bruce as a wife-stealing, backstabbing *******.

Boom said:
Yeah, if they wanted to portray Bruce as a wife-stealing, backstabbing *******.
WB already has a wife-stealing *******.
20060514-superman.jpg

Rynan said:
WB already has a wife-stealing *******.
20060514-superman.jpg

Oh man, don't get me started on Superman Returns.

For anybody who wants to truly appreciate what Nolan did with Batman Begins, go see Superman Returns.

I love Superman Returns and think it is every bit (if not better) than Batman Begins :(

I dont consider them to be in the same genre.

7Hells said:
I dont consider them to be in the same genre.

That's my girl. :up:

I loved both movies but Superman is a different kind of character from Batman to begin with, and what Singer did... I mean, Superman is such an impossibly nice guy... and nice guys always finish last. It'd be one thing if Lois cheated with Superman, but she didn't. Superman is understandably sad, but he ends up respecting Richard (and it's hard not to, he was a good guy, too). So it wasn't like Supes did anything wrong, first of all. Secondly, I was glad to see a Superman movie where it wasn't all peaches and cream for Supes.

Third, Batman is still my boy and he's like a billion times cooler than Superman. Because Superman is about "Boy, what a beautiful day! What a beautiful baby, ma'am. Always remember, kids, brush twice daily. Oops, I hear a crime in progress. Excuse me, citizen!" I exaggerate, but the guy's got a sunny day in the brain for the most part, it's that sunny day that makes him want to help people, and the only way to make him interesting as a dramatic character is to explore how his inner light has to hold him up (and raise up others) against the outer darkness of life.

Meanwhile Batman is a guy who had a really rotten day once when he was a kid and the course of his life was permanently altered. He has good days and bad days, he loves and laughs and lives, but there's an essential pain inside him that drives him, and makes him want to spare other people from experiencing the same thing. So that's the polar opposite of Supes. Same ends, different means.

Superman is a superhero and his movie was a superhero movie with a story of unrequited love and the prerequisite Christ-analogy. Batman's movie is a crime-noir movie with a superhero twist. ;)

Edenbeast said:

I thought I was going to have to point this out. For a change, I don't. Good work, Edenbeast.

ultimatefan said:
That seems to contradict all reports about Dent´s casting - but also Goyer´s report that he was done with The Prestige, hmmm...

Goyer meant that the film had wrapped production; Nolan was still in the editing room with technical people, but that's probably finished by now.

edit -

It would really serve the purpose of the film if he did live there while Wayne Manor was renovated; then, the 3rd could have the transition back to Wayne Manor.

I'm not sure if that's what they'll do, but it's a very good idea Edenbeast.

Edenbeast said:
I wonder how long would the commute take from a penthouse apartment on top of a skyscraper right down to a subterranean cave, and if it'll ever be explained when the dedicated elevator was added to the building. Or maybe he takes the service elevator down to basement parking and walk the rest of the way down...

Danger Mouse said:
I wonder how long would the commute take from a penthouse apartment on top of a skyscraper right down to a subterranean cave, and if it'll ever be explained when the dedicated elevator was added to the building. Or maybe he takes the service elevator down to basement parking and walk the rest of the way down...

Or better yet, he could slide down a very very very very very long poll.

Batman Forever never explained[that one scene was just a nice showcase] how Bruce transported himself from the office to the cave, but then again, that film didn't explain much of anything.

Danger Mouse said:

[Stan Lee] This is where I would take the easy way out and leave it up to the imagination of the audience.[/Stan Lee]

Hmm, that would be a problem.

Well, Lucious Fox now runs Wayne Ent, and the man who formerly held his position merged the 'Applied Sciences' department with Archives, or rather, was in the process of doing so before his untimely removal.

Perhaps that dormant section of the Wayne skyscraper would/will serve a purpose.

ultimatefan said:
Nolan says Ledger is perfect for the approach he´s taking on Joker and that the movie is likely to pick up right from that final rooftop scene in Begins. He also says he´s still putting final touches on The Prestige and hasn´t focused on more casting for the sequel. That seems to contradict all reports about Dent´s casting - but also Goyer´s report that he was done with The Prestige, hmmm...
http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=22458
I'm sure they've already pegged down a list of candidates. Nice bit of info nonetheless.

In a way i'm glad they're taking their time with the Dent casting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"