Comics Official ALL-NEW X-MEN Discussion Thread

You prefer the usual comic books art where the artista is treated as an architect instead of an actual artist?

I have no idea what you're saying here, but this art killed what would have been a fantastic issue. :down

Ive loved this book but the current issue was easily the worse of the series

I thought Bobby and Kitty decided to just be friends after WatX #25 and their failed date?
There's no continuity in Marvel! They decided to not be a couple in WatX, but they are an item over in Astonishing X-men and here.

ANXMEN018-Cover.jpg

ALL-NEW X-MEN #18 & 19
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • Issue #18 - Stuart Immonen (A)
Issue #18 - Cover by BRANDON PETERSON
Issue #19 - BRANDON PETERSON (A/C)
Issue #18 - DECADE VARIANTS (SET OF 5) BY JULIAN TOTINO TEDESCO
Issue #19 - MARVEL’S AGENTS OF S.H.I.E.L.D. VARIANT ALSO AVAILABLE
The X-Men are shaken to the core by the Battle of the Atom. So much that we can’t show you the cover of ALL-NEW X-MEN #19!
Kitty Pryde is particularly is shaken by the events of the X-Men crossover. With her students gone, what is Kitty to do?
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Ive loved this book but the current issue was easily the worse of the series

There's no continuity in Marvel! They decided to not be a couple in WatX, but they are an item over in Astonishing X-men and here.
I guess Aaron went back on that conversation too. It's a little weird hearing Kitty tempting Bobby with "second base".

ANXMEN2012016-DC11-LR-55920.jpg

ANXMEN2012016-int-LR-1-c5ec7.jpg

ANXMEN2012016-int-LR-2-62299.jpg

ANXMEN2012016-int-LR-3-d57eb.jpg

ANXMEN2012016-int-LR-4-d5792.jpg

ANXMEN2012016-int-LR-5-de3f0.jpg

ALL-NEW X-MEN #16
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • STUART IMMONEN (A)
Cover by ARTHUR ADAMS
Variant by STUART IMMONEN
Variant Cover by ADI GRANOV
• BATTLE OF THE ATOM PART 2!
• Wolverine vs. Future X-Men!
• Young Scott Summers and Jean Grey run away to stay in the present day!
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

More alternates? Sigh... I can't keep track of everyone....

Say WHAAAAAA?????
Is our Jean Grey back??

[blackout]Its about time. I missed her. I read a theory that a reason she hasn't been around bc she realized it was more important for her to be in the future. I hope BotA ends with her taking her rightful place back in the present day.[/blackout]

i saw it! ohmanohman! ...and then they dropped that interesting tidbit after the reveal...

Yeah, I really hope Jean stays. The icing on the cake would be Emma going away. She was slightly tolerable at first but with her powers broken, she's the worst now.

yeah but now Jean has to wear Xorn's helmet...why?

Somebody mentioned in another thread that if her powers have been growing exponentially after being activated "early" like we saw in Teen Jean, then perhaps she's too strong and needs that helmet to keep them in check.

yeah saw that explanation too..which means that this new jean still isn't the real jean. this future team still seems sucky.

It was pretty obvious that it isn't the real Jean. If it were the real Jean there'd be news articles all over places like newsarama, bleedingcool, and comicbookresources. Also, they'd have spoiled it months ago for the sake of sales.

I think we've all been thinking this would be the "return" of Jean Grey since they announced Marvel Now. The first thing they did was give Teen Jean all of her future memories. Now we see her return to them as an adult seemingly comfortable seeing all her "old" teammates again. I wouldn't be surprised if The O5 X-Men return to their time and future Jean winds up staying in the present to fill out the roster.......until Marvel's next event marks the return of the original Jean Grey.

It's almost like a technicality at this point. As long as she gets those memories, experiences and emotion associated with them, she's pretty much Jean back. I see it similar to the Illyana situation. She isn't the original character that was introduced in the 80s but she's treated as such and we don't bat an eye at that. If this Jean stays and takes her place among the Xmen with her history intact as part of her past, its pretty much a very similar scenario

Illyana always confused me. So this Illyana is the teen version we met after her first encounter with Limbo that died after Inferno and revealed the original child Illyana inside her husk that would later die from the Legacy virus.

Right??

It's almost like a technicality at this point. As long as she gets those memories, experiences and emotion associated with them, she's pretty much Jean back. I see it similar to the Illyana situation. She isn't the original character that was introduced in the 80s but she's treated as such and we don't bat an eye at that. If this Jean stays and takes her place among the Xmen with her history intact as part of her past, its pretty much a very similar scenario

If you're talking about past Jean staying, then I've got 1 major problem. She embodies everything wrong with being a teenager. She's disobedient, impulsive, and 17 different kinds of annoying. I don't want that to be "our" Jean :(

Nah I'm referring to Jean as an adult. Teen Jean almost seems like a rebooted Hope. If this story ends with her going away and Marvel bringing on another impulsive teen green eyed redhead in a year, I'm gonna lose it

ANXM-Cover-20_preview.jpg

ALL-NEW X-MEN #20
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • BRANDON PETERSON (A/C)
X-MEN 50th ANNIVERSARY VARIANT by TBD
• The fallout of X-MEN: BATTLE OF THE ATOM continues!
• X-23 is back and kissing… WHO IS THE MYSTERY MAN??!
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"