Comics Official ALL-NEW X-MEN Discussion Thread

Hey! Laura's back! Nice. Weird to see her kissing though. That needs to stop.

ANXM-Cover-20_preview.jpg

Nice, new costume too :up:

It's almost like a technicality at this point. As long as she gets those memories, experiences and emotion associated with them, she's pretty much Jean back. I see it similar to the Illyana situation. She isn't the original character that was introduced in the 80s but she's treated as such and we don't bat an eye at that. If this Jean stays and takes her place among the Xmen with her history intact as part of her past, its pretty much a very similar scenario

It's a small point perhaps but didn't teen Jean just get those memories from Beast? So surely all she really has is the memories and associated emotions that Beast had/felt about Jean's experiences, not what Jean herself went through. To me that seems a little bit closer to what Carol Danvers had in the 80s after Rogue stole her memories. Carol eventually got them back but without the emotions she felt that went with the memories - something she was very bitter about at the time. For me, the only way teen Jean could replace modern/dead Jean would be if she had the memories, experiences and emotions that Jean herself had, not someone else's view on them.

It's a small point perhaps but didn't teen Jean just get those memories from Beast? So surely all she really has is the memories and associated emotions that Beast had/felt about Jean's experiences, not what Jean herself went through. To me that seems a little bit closer to what Carol Danvers had in the 80s after Rogue stole her memories. Carol eventually got them back but without the emotions she felt that went with the memories - something she was very bitter about at the time. For me, the only way teen Jean could replace modern/dead Jean would be if she had the memories, experiences and emotions that Jean herself had, not someone else's view on them.
Yep, she has Beast's memories of those events. Its equivalent to someone telling you a story. She doesnt have the experience and emotions of having lived through them; only what she was able to gather from Beast's POV. If they wanted her to have that a more efficient means would have been to have her touch Jean's holempathic crystal as that contains an imprint of her essence. Or have her bond with the PF, but its best they stay away from that. What we are seeing now with Teen Jean is much different than when Jean merged with Maddie and Phoenix in Inferno. Their memories became hers and their life experiences became hers. She recited them as if she lived them and she was mentally affected by that as well as being confused with her relationships with others (namely Scott) bc she was haunted by those memories which she had acquired. Thats not happening with Teen Jean. She knows what happened via Beast, but its not the same thing as actually feeling as if she lived through all that.

Last edited:
Yep, she has Beast's memories of those events. Its equivalent to someone telling you a story. She doesnt have the experience and emotions of having lived through them; only what she was able to gather from Beast's POV. If they wanted her to have that a more efficient means would have been to have her touch Jean's holempathic crystal as that contains an imprint of her essence. Or have her bond with the PF, but its best they stay away from that. What we are seeing now with Teen Jean is much different than when Jean merged with Maddie and Phoenix in Inferno. Their memories became hers and their life experiences became hers. She recited them as if she lived them and she was mentally affected by that as well as being confused with her relationships with others (namely Scott) bc she was haunted by those memories which she had acquired. Thats not happening with Teen Jean. She knows what happened via Beast, but its not the same thing as actually feeling as if she lived through all that.

Completely agree. I forgot about that holempathic crystal, what happened to it after the Grey family got wiped out? Didn't it used to be at Jean's parents' house?

so is X-23 really a clone of Logan..if she has her geneticist mom's DNA in there too?

ANXM-Cover-20_preview.jpg

ALL-NEW X-MEN #20
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • BRANDON PETERSON (A/C)
X-MEN 50th ANNIVERSARY VARIANT by TBD
• The fallout of X-MEN: BATTLE OF THE ATOM continues!
• X-23 is back and kissing… WHO IS THE MYSTERY MAN??!
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99
Glad to see she is landing in a book that I already get. Now I just need to discover where Gambit is heading to.....

so is X-23 really a clone of Logan..if she has her geneticist mom's DNA in there too?

She's not a clone. He's a male and she's obviously a female so she isn't an exact copy. It's explained in her first mini. His DNA was used to create her but she was given two X chromosomes instead of a Y so technically not a clone. She's referred to as such as its the simplest way to explain her

Please let her be kissing Teen Cyclops, pretty please. The drama and hilarity of teenage Cyclops making out with Wolverine's teenage female clone is too much to resist. It may be what finally kills Wolverine.

Please let her be kissing Teen Cyclops, pretty please. The drama and hilarity of teenage Cyclops making out with Wolverine's teenage female clone is too much to resist. It may be what finally kills Wolverine.

Hah, yeah, that would be hilarious. Be great to see Jean's reaction as well.

well hopefully teen Scott will be back in the past by then

but it would be pretty funny
as if there isn't enough scott/logan fanfic, that would only fuel the flames

ps. dont like her hair in that drawing, its awfully lazy on the artist's part

I'd be okay with Jean and Scott staying since I feel like there's more story to tell there. Hank, Bobby, and Warren are just sorta there though. I'm hoping they all return to clear some panel room.

but idk, especially since it's now known that these are the actual, 616 O5
how there's no time-paradox wonkiness going on is just ridiculous
if they all go back now and get brain-washed, cool, I'm buying it

any way ya cut it, they all eventually have to go back for this time to exist
so, knowing there's no consequence to them being here, and knowing they'll eventually be mind-wiped and return like nothing happened, there's no real drama anyway, so they might as well do it now

Oh, I agree. I'd prefer them all going back now, but if any stay, I hope it's Scott and Jean. The novelty of the Original 5 is mostly gone. There isn't really any story to tell with the other 3, but with Scott and Jean... it could still be interesting. Provided they do eventually go back.

If anybody stays, I want it to be Hank. He has the most to contribute to the X-Men on a whole. He saves his present self's life, helps build the Dove, this dude is the only one worth a damn.

Yeah, I like Hank a lot but wonder what else he has to offer than adult Hank cannot do. He's definitely likable though.

If X-23 is kissing 05 Scott, then EVERY SINGLE villain that the X-Men encounter from now on is going to love bringing it up. I can see adult Scott finding Wolverine's meltdown really amusing.

I have said this before but seriously the longer the O5 stay we should see older Scott, Hank and Bobby change let's face it no matter what until they go back and get mind wiped they'd still have an affect on their older selves the longer they stay around and essentially change from the characters they were back in the 60s our time.

If X-23 is kissing 05 Scott, then EVERY SINGLE villain that the X-Men encounter from now on is going to love bringing it up. I can see adult Scott finding Wolverine's meltdown really amusing.

Indeed - and it would be an amusing twist on the old Scott/Jean/Logan triangle.

ANXMENSP2013001-DC11-LR-65179.jpg

ANXMENSP2013001-int-LR-1-d30e1.jpg

ANXMENSP2013001-int-LR-2-62d3c.jpg

ANXMENSP2013001-int-LR-3-9bc66.jpg

ANXMENSP2013001-int-LR-4-92962.jpg

ALL-NEW X-MEN SPECIAL #1
MICHAEL COSTA (W) • KRIS ANKA (A)
Cover by ALEXANDER LOZANO
Interlocking Variant Cover by J. SCOTT CAMPBELL
PART ONE OF “THE ARMS OF THE OCTOPUS!”
• The All-New X-Men cross over with the Indestructible Hulk and Superior Spider-Man!
• What does Doctor Octopus want with the All-New X-Men and HOW IS HE ALIVE?!
• This gets the immediate attention of Superior Spider-Man, but what does it have to do with the Hulk?
40 PGS./One-Shot/Rated T …$4.99

ANXMEN2012017-DC11-LR-d3054.jpg

ANXMEN2012017-int-LR-1-9a04f.jpg

ANXMEN2012017-int-LR-2-d02d2.jpg

ANXMEN2012017-int-LR-3-896f8.jpg

ANXMEN2012017-int-LR-4-64cf6.jpg

ALL-NEW X-MEN #17
BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • STUART IMMONEN (A)
Cover by ED MCGUINNESS
Variant Cover by STUART IMMONEN
LEGO VARIANT BY Leonel Castellani
X-MEN: BATTLE OF THE ATOM, PART 6!
• Magik and Young Beast have a special mission!
• The X-Men and Future X-Men have Jean Grey and Cyclops and are going to send them back in time with the rest of the Original X-Men.
• But who is opposing them and why?
32 PGS./Rated T …$3.99

His moustache is probably the best thing about this event so far.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"