• Secure your account

A friendly reminder to our users, please make sure your account is safe. Make sure you update your password and have an active email address to recover or change your password.

The Dark Knight Rises OFFICIAL: Batman in New York - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if this question has been raised to death, but who is the cloaked figure behind Bane in the pics on the front page? I heard some saying possibly Ra's...?

tumblr_lu87nv7h6H1qde7iy

All WB has done so far is release a picture of Bane, a teaser trailer (with hardly any new footage), and a picture of Catwoman. That's it. And this movie is getting more media attention than any movie in recent memory. It's amazing. WB doesn't have to lift a finger marketing-wise. It's astounding really. From TMZ to Conan, TDK is practically marketing itself.
Well i think it's mostly the big fans keeping up with the stuff right now. The average person (at least outside the US, which is where i live) doesnt really have much knowledge about this one, at least where i'm at. I do think WB needs to release official stuff; i'm the one doing the job of updating those around me up until now but i dont have that much reach; i need help getting them excited. I hope the full trailer helps.

This is what I think of when I see the fight scenes between Batman/Cops and Bane/Mercs, woman getting beat up, snow, day-time etc. Perhaps a homage?

GangsNY.jpg

Batman Begins= Blade Runner Style
The Dark Knight= Heat Style
The Dark Knight Rises= Gangs Of New York Style?

we can only hope

Anyone who doesn't like TDKR will have to answer to this man:

fingerman.jpg

The Dark Knight Rises= Gangs Of New York Style?

we can only hope

No, let's not hope. The less TDKR has to do with GONY, the better.

The Dark Knight Rises= Full Metal Jacket Style?

fixed.

Bruce will be our psychology of the film.

Mercs are the Vietnamese...

Anyone who doesn't like TDKR will have to answer to this man:

fingerman.jpg

Haha. The members of the LOS are so mysterious...and weird. I loved this scene so much. Dawes says, "What are you doing?!" And the league member just points at her. It's so damn cool. Then Ras steps out of the van:

RAS: Gentlemen... Time to spread the word. And the word is... panic.

He hits the button on the microwave emitter. And all hell breaks loose.

One of my favorite parts of the movie.

Sorry if this question has been raised to death, but who is the cloaked figure behind Bane in the pics on the front page? I heard some saying possibly Ra's...?

:doh: Its a lighting stand in. Batman has one too. Everyone needs to calm down about that.

lol those cloaked figures have been haunting the sets since LA... they're funny

And I bet anyone of us here would trade most anything to be that guy getting tugged on by Hardy. ;)

lol those cloaked figures have been haunting the sets since LA... they're funny

I think they're the aliens from the movie, 'Knowing.' They've come down to Earth to scout a director for their planet. According to their counsel, Christopher Nolan is the only director worthy of making films on their planet, so they have come to Earth to abduct Nolan.

I think they're the aliens from the movie, 'Knowing.' They've come down to Earth to scout a director for their planet. According to their counsel, Christopher Nolan is the only director worthy of making films on their planet, so they have come to Earth to abduct Nolan.
Sounds about right.

483490b6.jpg

An extra on set falls sick. Nolan heals him with a single touch.

Now do you believe Nolan is really God?

It's the Nobody Cares Batman, AKA, a Batman stand in. They use the cloak for lighting.

Last edited:
Where did the "Nobody Cares Batman" thing come from?

Where did the "Nobody Cares Batman" thing come from?

From inside joke between myself, Philranger, MSwift + Infamous from the El Camino shoots in LA. We kept seeing the cloaked figure around and he'd always be by himself, sometimes would even sit down cause he had nothing to do on set, save for standing in when lighting a shot where Batman was going to be.
It stuck ever since. The cloaked figure is no one to worry about, people!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stryderzer0
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"