The Dark Knight Rises OFFICIAL: Batman in New York - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is awesome! That means he might be there tomorrow and our 2nd group of extras will background for them on closeups! It would be sooooooooo distracting doing our choreography with Bale and Hardy a mere few feet away from us....... lol

Has DarkJedi checked in yet from yesterday's rehearsal? He was some of the lucky guys asked to come back on thursday

I was only there for weds rehearsal (still sore too)

I wonder what lovely things he was a part of yesterday...

This is awesome! That means he might be there tomorrow and our 2nd group of extras will background for them on closeups! It would be sooooooooo distracting doing our choreography with Bale and Hardy a mere few feet away from us....... lol

ah there you are hahaha

Have they been shooting very early in the city? Because for tomorrow, that sign for TDKR filming said 6AM to 10AM...

ah there you are hahaha

I'm sorry man, I was so dead tired and beat yesterday I crashed the second I got back.... I seriously need to go to a sauna... lol

Yesterday we did more fine tuning on technique, selling, and acting and we did more rehearsals with a small group for the charge and fight routine. The stunt guys were working more individually with each pair to make sure we look really good (Simon Rhee was there and we got directed by him! and if there are wrestling fans here, Elijah Burke is an extra, haha). They took more video of us since they said we're gonna be in the background when Bale and Hardy (or their stunt doubles, I don't know yet but I think the real actors will be there in costume) so I think we're gonna be in the closer-up shots when they need to limit the number of extras on set. Some of us also had weapons training (moving with weapons, firing an mp5/ak that was really loud, my hearing went blank the first time lol) as well as taking a bullet shot and falling the right way. It was pretty awesome but yeah, quite a workout, almost like a mini-boot camp.

My friend is going to give me some details later hopefully, concerning times and location. I know I will be there in the morning before I have to go back to my borough for work at 2.

My friend is going to give me some details later hopefully, concerning times and location. I know I will be there in the morning before I have to go back to my borough for work at 2.

I'll be out most of the day today, if you could be so kind as to PM the information I'd be forever grateful.

I'm sorry man, I was so dead tired and beat yesterday I crashed the second I got back.... I seriously need to go to a sauna... lol

Yesterday we did more fine tuning on technique, selling, and acting and we did more rehearsals with a small group for the charge and fight routine. The stunt guys were working more individually with each pair to make sure we look really good (Simon Rhee was there and we got directed by him! and if there are wrestling fans here, Elijah Burke is an extra, haha). They took more video of us since they said we're gonna be in the background when Bale and Hardy (or their stunt doubles, I don't know yet but I think the real actors will be there in costume) so I think we're gonna be in the closer-up shots when they need to limit the number of extras on set. Some of us also had weapons training (moving with weapons, firing an mp5/ak that was really loud, my hearing went blank the first time lol) as well as taking a bullet shot and falling the right way. It was pretty awesome but yeah, quite a workout, almost like a mini-boot camp.

JEALOUS!!!!!

hahaha but congrats man!

did you have any prior martial arts training or wrestling background? cop/army?

Those guys on day one really stood out in each group and I wasn't surprised when that got a call back to day 2...

either way, cant wait to find out exact location of Saturday's and Sunday's filming.

Good luck and lets try not to be killed for real!!

35Rbq.jpg

Rborn.jpg

Me and Mr. Oldman (who was amazingly gracious. He saw us waiting outside the make-up trailer and came out to see if we were waiting for pictures)

and GothamGuardian and I With Mr. Wally Pfister!

I edited myself out the pictures because I'm ugly.

Oh wow, how wonderful!!! I met Gary in London in Sept. (best. bday-present. ever!) and he is such a sweetheart! I'm an actress, I've met loadsa famous peeps but I've never seen an A-lister be so generous and attentive to their fans. He's... *le sigh* There are no words.

Way cool with Wally too - never heard of someone gettin' a pic with a cinematographer before, BUT it's somethin' I'd like to think I woulda done too!

And you totes shouldn't have edited yourself out guy - I'm sure you're fab! :yay:

Broadway and Wall is what I'm hearing but I'm not sure.

I do know tomorrow is going to be the most epic thing to witness personally.

omg Ra's Al Joke posted!

:funny: some of us have honestly been really waiting for this moment!

And its really awesome you met Bale!

JEALOUS!!!!!

hahaha but congrats man!

did you have any prior martial arts training or wrestling background? cop/army?

Those guys on day one really stood out in each group and I wasn't surprised when that got a call back to day 2...

either way, cant wait to find out exact location of Saturday's and Sunday's filming.

Good luck and lets try not to be killed for real!!

Thanks! We're all in this together, and I don't think any of us would've ever imagined being in this huge a movie so I'm happy to share this experience with all bat fanatics!

Yeah i have a martial arts background, some firearms training, and a little stunt experience. I have a great partner and we developed a great team chemistry, not only in delivering and taking shots but also in communication and working on a unique routine. We also had great stunt guys leading our group and giving everyone ideas and feedback to make our group look good.

Gary is going to have a lot of screentime in this film. Don't anyone worry about that

F**K YEAH!

This alone has made my life! I was so afraid he wouldn't get a lot of screentime 'cos he'd got a fair bit in TDK, and he was heavily involved in the climax end scene but YEYA that he'll be in this lots too! I already love TDKR! LOL!

I was watchin' Batman '89 the night before Halloween - just to get me in the mood - and every time Pat Hingle came on the screen I was like 'Thank you Christopher Nolan for bringing legit Gordon to the big screen and for casting Gary Oldman.'

Y'know, I should have trusted that Nolan would have given him a big part in this one too, but growing up on the first 4 Batman movies clearly still effects me... I was a 3 yr old lil girl when Batman '89 came out, and my 5 older brothers all went to see it in the cinema with Dad whilst my Mom took me to see The Land Before Time. It was over before Batman, so afterwards, we snuck into the end of Batman, sat on the steps and my first memory of the cinema is the Joker throwing money about with a big clown balloon over him.

So, anyway, the moral of that story is, whilst the first 4 movies made a JOKE of Gordon (effin' hell, when he's all :hrt: over Poison Ivy in Batman and Robin :doh:), I'll have this kinda nostalgic love for Pat Hingle BUT I can't express how happy I am that my fave actor of all time is playing my fave Batman character now.

Amazing performance aside, it helps that Gary Oldman looks so much like the character too.

Just met Bale while they were filming in Newark this morning. Very cool guy. Definitely mellow and introverted. Got a lot of respect for the man.

Tres jealous and way cool!!!!!!!!!!!! :woot: Do share some lil details if you can... I'm very obvious with my Gary Oldman love, but Mr. Bale is probably my 2nd fave actor of all time! LOL! Lucky you!

Amazing performance aside, it helps that Gary Oldman looks so much like the character too.

Word.

Gary Oldman is a chameleon.

FACT!

I actually was :eek: when I saw him in 'Begins' 'cos he looked so much like Year One Gordon.

It's times like these I wish I still lived in NYC. The jealousy corsing through my veins is almost unbearable.

Broadway and Wall is what I'm hearing but I'm not sure.

I do know tomorrow is going to be the most epic thing to witness personally.

I think so.

I hope sone of the ninjas are able to function enough to report back what's going on :funny:

Just met Bale while they were filming in Newark this morning. Very cool guy. Definitely mellow and introverted. Got a lot of respect for the man.
Talk about awesome!! :awesome:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back