Official Batman Titles thread 2.0 - - - - - - - Part 16

Uh nice, im looking forward to it...capullo had some good design choices so far.

I'm going to assume once Bruce returns. Being that Cappulo is leaving after issue 50 (I think that's the issue) probably then.

The last page of Batman 48 got me so pumped....can't wait for next issue

The Bruce and Joker conversation was ok, but not great. I expected more. It is interesting how they are always the reverses of each other, however. When Bruce's view of the world changes, so does Joker's.

Also, I liked the drawings of the two moths being drawn to the light. It was a good representation of Batman and the Joker. It symbolised that no matter where they are in their live or what state they are currently in, they will always be drawn to each other.

I'm going to assume once Bruce returns. Being that Cappulo is leaving after issue 50 (I think that's the issue) probably then.

Yes but just to clarify he isn't leaving for good, he's coming back.

so Bruce is returning as Batman again??

I'm shocked!! SHOCKED!!! I tell ya!!!

:o

I slowly start to think that the whole purpose of the current Batman arc, was Snyders version of showing that there cant be anybody else as batman...other then Bruce.

This is how it feels to me after issue 48.
When you cant train somebody to be batman, create a robot suit that does that.
But then it is not enough, even with the suit, you dont have the same batman.
You dont have his will, his resolve etc.

Which in the end is pretty pointless plot to try and pull off just a few years after it was finally accomplished well in the main continuity with Dick and the whole Inc. arc.

Yes, we had Knightfall and Prodigal before hand but Inc./etc. really showed Bruce doesn't need to be Batman and really only Dick could ever take-take it over.

This whole Gordon arc is dumb. Jim would never have done it, but thats why the new-new 52 is around... so writers can basically pull off light fan fiction week to week, in the main continuity.

Which in the end is pretty pointless plot to try and pull off just a few years after it was finally accomplished well in the main continuity with Dick and the whole Inc. arc.

Yes, we had Knightfall and Prodigal before hand but Inc./etc. really showed Bruce doesn't need to be Batman and really only Dick could ever take-take it over.

This whole Gordon arc is dumb. Jim would never have done it, but thats why the new-new 52 is around... so writers can basically pull off light fan fiction week to week, in the main continuity.

Thats pretty much the new 52, changes that are awful and not needed.

Maybe im wrong with the whole purpose of this arc, but i cant see any other explenation for the whole Robot thing.

You know what's also a little annoying about this arc? Bruce has amnesia and we're seeing how his life would be without having experienced his tragic life. Why is that annoying? Because Pak did the exact same thing in Batman Superman Vol. 3 (forget the issue numbers) taking place just prior to this Superheavy arc if memory serves. Only in that one, Bruce and Superman are both amnesiacs. It wasn't a very well done story, but it is annoying that DC would get two Amnesia Batman pitches and approve them both back-to-back.

Thats pretty much the new 52, changes that are awful and not needed.

Maybe im wrong with the whole purpose of this arc, but i cant see any other explenation for the whole Robot thing.

that's essentially how I feel about the whole new 52.

So you guys that don't like this arc or the new 52 why do you keep reading? If in fact some of you still are, that makes no sense to me.

So you guys that don't like this arc or the new 52 why do you keep reading? If in fact some of you still are, that makes no sense to me.

I never understand tis point of view... you'd say the same if I didn't read it and yet complained.

I'm a Batman fan through the end. I have so many stupid/bad/dumb issues from the late 90's, mid 00's, and now post 2011. I won't like everything, no one can.

But, I don't see why we can't talk about our issues with Snyder, N52, or what have you... that we don't like currently?

I never understand tis point of view... you'd say the same if I didn't read it and yet complained.

I'm a Batman fan through the end. I have so many stupid/bad/dumb issues from the late 90's, mid 00's, and now post 2011. I won't like everything, no one can.

But, I don't see why we can't talk about our issues with Snyder, N52, or what have you... that we don't like currently?

I didn't say you couldn't talk about the issues. But it just seems redundant seeing people sometimes say they're reading a run and aren't really enjoying the run at all. Or the current story arc. It's like well then why read it? If you aren't a fan of the run or the arc in particular why not skip the arc and wait for the next one then pick it up again.

I've done this and continue to do this plenty of times myself when I'm not really enjoying a run or a title. Will drop it for a while or entirely if it really bothers me that much. Would rather read something I actually enjoy over trying to keep reading something I dislike because I'm hoping it will get better or just because I'm a fan of that particular character.

Batman - Europa is crap...I'm trying to get through issue 3 but I don't think I can. What do you guys think about it?
Jim Lee's first wasn't his best artwork either.

You know what's also a little annoying about this arc? Bruce has amnesia and we're seeing how his life would be without having experienced his tragic life. Why is that annoying? Because Pak did the exact same thing in Batman Superman Vol. 3 (forget the issue numbers) taking place just prior to this Superheavy arc if memory serves. Only in that one, Bruce and Superman are both amnesiacs. It wasn't a very well done story, but it is annoying that DC would get two Amnesia Batman pitches and approve them both back-to-back.

Well so much of Snyder's run has been rehashing stuff they've recently published, specifically a ton of stuff from Morrison's Batman run, so why stop now?

Batman - Europa is crap...I'm trying to get through issue 3 but I don't think I can. What do you guys think about it?
Jim Lee's first wasn't his best artwork either.

I'm enjoying it for what it is, fun little one-off. It has an oldschool vibe like an old Alan Grant/Jim Aparo story or something. But the 3rd issue was pretty bad art-wise. Just too abstract and digital.

I'm enjoying it for what it is, fun little one-off. It has an oldschool vibe like an old Alan Grant/Jim Aparo story or something. But the 3rd issue was pretty bad art-wise. Just too abstract and digital.

Glad I'm not the only one who feels this way. I really like Europa as it does really feel kind of like a Bronze Age Batman story. I also thought issue 3 was the weakest of the issues so far, but I look forward to seeing how it concludes.

Well so much of Snyder's run has been rehashing stuff they've recently published, specifically a ton of stuff from Morrison's Batman run, so why stop now?

In what way? I'm having trouble connecting those dots.

In what way? I'm having trouble connecting those dots.

Morrison had a secret society of evil movers and shakers that included a possibly long lost Wayne family member, The Black Glove. Then Snyder did that with the Court of Owls.

Batman going all nutty, Morrison did in RIP with Zurr en Arr, Snyder did it in Court of Owls.

Joker reinventing himself newer and nastier Morrison just did, but he also established that Joker just does that, all the time. So a pass there.

Batman "dying" and being replaced by a new Batman.

All I can think of right now. Just a lot of the same ideas and beats.

Yeah, that was super lame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"