Official Dishonored Thread

Here's another good looking game! I loved the trailer for this especially the song. It made me check out the preorders straight away. This is definetly the game I'm looking forward to the most this year now that Tomb Raider has moved to the next year.

So stoked for this game. I just love the setting. Dishonored is still on my radar.

SO...****NG...SOLD!

Seriously. Day 1 purchase for me.

well wasn't the video I was trying to show. but glad your sold.

ok here's sorta what Iwanted to show

Dishonored

E3 2012: Walkthrough (Stream) - Arkane Studios' Raf Colantonio sits down with Geoff to provide...
plat_pc_default.gif
plat_ps3_default.gif
plat_xb360_default.gif

new.gif

Posted 32 mins ago

source:GT

but the G4 one I saw had better info so I'm still waiting on that . enjoy.

y'know......with the main character being named Corvo, it would be a huge missed opportunity if we can't summon a flock of ravens/crows to do our bidding......lol.

I hope we're not stuck with just rats......

You can possess fishes, guards and surely civilians as well.

dishonored.jpg

Official E3 Preview of Dishonored

Posted: Today 1:50 PM | 1,518 Views | 03:46

3 / 5

Get a dose of Dishonored as Harvey Smith, Co-Creative Director at Arcane Studios, describes the steam-punk world his team wanted to develop as well as the combat mechanics in the game. Learn more...

PS3
PC

Official E3 Preview of Dishonored play video

http://www.g4tv.com/videos/59126/official-e3-preview-of-dishonored/

Seeing more and more gameplay footage has me convinced that I should get this game day one. Note: I made this post because I really just wanted an excuse to post this GIF. :woot:

Dishonored_Sneak_Peek_2.gif

I must say.....this game is looking pretty awesome!!

I love the steampunk style setting.

when is it coming out?

also, have they said if it will only be in 1st person, or will we be able to switch to 3rd person like in Skyrim?

I must say.....this game is looking pretty awesome!!

I love the steampunk style setting.

when is it coming out?

also, have they said if it will only be in 1st person, or will we be able to switch to 3rd person like in Skyrim?

It comes out October 9th and it's 1st person only.

wow!! that's pretty quick!!

I hope it's not being rushed!!

and that kind of sucks about being 1st person only, but I guess I'll get used to it.

oh.....have they shown Corvo using any kind of lightning/electricity spell?

wow!! that's pretty quick!!

I hope it's not being rushed!!

and that kind of sucks about being 1st person only, but I guess I'll get used to it.

oh.....have they shown Corvo using any kind of lightning/electricity spell?

He doesn't have any sort of magic that directly hurts people. He's called an "Arcane Assassin." Since you play Skyrim, I'll put it this way; His skills involve Alteration and Illusion. (Conjuration if you count his ability to summon rats which eat people) There is no fire, ice, lighting, etc.

When I first saw read about the game's story&saw the first trailer I was amazed..But after looking at the E3 gameplay demos I'm kinda disappointed and don't think it looks all that amazing after all!

I am still interested in it though!

When I first saw read about the game's story&saw the first trailer I was amazed..But after looking at the E3 gameplay demos I'm kinda disappointed and don't think it looks all that amazing after all!

I am still interested in it though!

What about the demo looked disappointing?

Yeah, I kinda feel the same way. I mean, that E3 trailer made being a bad ass magic assassin seem so cool but the demo made it seem a bit clunky and forced. Having that giant power wheel and choosing everything? I dunno, just reminds me too much of Deus Ex Revolutions, which was another game that I felt didn't deliver in the same way... You have a game where you play as a bad ass who can do badass things flawlessly, it should be fluid, like the AC 3 demo showed.

I'm not writing it off, I'm just much less enthusiastic than I was.

PC is getting its own interface.

“It’s a very cool mix of culture, as Raph was saying,” continued Smith. “At either location [Lyon and Austin] you’ll have people that are like, super hardcore strong about these PC standards. Obviously with the long legacy we’ve had, it’s a religion.”

Smith went on to say that “the same is true for the PS3 and the Xbox,” and that the studio’s philosophy is to “step back” and let those who are passionate about one platform influence development there. Achievements, for example, are left to the Xbox evangelists on staff.

http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/06/20/d...ferent-interface-pc-standards-are-a-religion/

Spock would be proud.

Yeah, I kinda feel the same way. I mean, that E3 trailer made being a bad ass magic assassin seem so cool but the demo made it seem a bit clunky and forced. Having that giant power wheel and choosing everything? I dunno, just reminds me too much of Deus Ex Revolutions, which was another game that I felt didn't deliver in the same way... You have a game where you play as a bad ass who can do badass things flawlessly, it should be fluid, like the AC 3 demo showed.

I'm not writing it off, I'm just much less enthusiastic than I was.

How *else* is the game supposed to have you manage your inventory and power selection? Fighting game style button combinations?

Dishonored hands on: rewired death fields, whale bombs and possessed piranhas

Comments 40
http://www.pcgamer.com/author/pentadact/at 04:34pm July 5 2012
I’m here for Sokolov, the Royal Physician. Not to kill him, but abduct him. A small arrow points in his general direction, but getting into his well guarded building is left to me.
I start in the streets, two guards chatting up ahead. I creep as close as I can, then Blink past: a short range teleport spell. I appear on the other side, and watch them for any signs of suspicion as I back down an alley.
Something stops me. It’s a guard.
Read and comment >

source:pc gamer

something that got pas me last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"