Official Dishonored Thread

The creative directors answered a bunch of questions on reddit. They pretty much just reaffirm everything I thought about this game being awesome lol.

I need this game right now! The options they give you are amazing. I imagine the replay value will be very high.

I feel the same way as you. I really can't wait to get my hands on the game. It is by a great amount my most anticipated game of this year.

Thanks for the link Master Chief. It was great. Can't wait for the announcement of the game's composer.

If you want to see something new move it to 8:01 or 12:29 on the player.

Last edited:
Voice Cast & Composer Announced for Dishonored

sxAzrl.jpg

BETHESDA SOFTWORKS ANNOUNCES AWARD-WINNING CAST FOR DISHONORED™

August 3, 2012 (Rockville, MD) – Bethesda Softworks®, a ZeniMax® Media company, today revealed the all-star cast lending their voices to DishonoredTM, a new first-person action game from Arkane Studios in which the player takes on the role of Corvo, a supernatural assassin driven by revenge. Dishonored will feature an award-winning ensemble including Academy Award® winner, Susan Sarandon (“Thelma & Louise,” “Dead Man Walking”), Golden Globe® winner, Brad Dourif (“The Lord of the Rings” trilogy, “One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest”), Emmy® Award nominees Carrie Fisher (original “Star Wars” trilogy) and John Slattery (“Mad Men”), Michael Madsen (“Thelma & Louise,” “Reservoir Dogs,” “Kill Bill”), and Lena Headey (“300,” “Game of Thrones”),

Susan Sarandon, an Academy Award winner and five-time nominee, will make her videogame debut as the former aristocrat, Granny Rags – an intriguing old blind woman now deranged after years of street life. Academy Award nominee and Golden Globe-winner Brad Dourif takes on the role of the inventor Piero, creator of the iconic mask worn by Corvo as well as a wealth of gadgets Corvo can use. Emmy winner and Hollywood-icon Carrie Fisher can be heard broadcasting government propaganda over loudspeakers throughout the city of Dunwall, where the game is set.

The all-star cast continues with John Slattery (“Mad Men,” “The Adjustment Bureau”) who takes on the role of Admiral Havelock, a Loyalist who helps Corvo on his quest, as well as Michael Madsen who brings his videogame voiceover experience to the role of Daud, a mysterious assassin. Chloë Grace Moretz (“Kick-ash,” “Hugo”) portrays Young Lady Emily, the Empress’ daughter who is kidnapped after her mother’s death while Lena Headey joins the cast as Calista, Emily’s caretaker. In addition to the star-studded voice cast, Composer Daniel Licht (“Dexter”) lends his musical talents to create the game’s original score.

“Having such talented actors voice Dishonored’s compelling cast of characters adds a rich, powerful element to the game,” said Raphaël Colantonio, president of Arkane Studios. “We want to draw people into this virtual world and make it feel real. This celebrated cast adds wonderful depth and credibility to the overall Dishonored gameplay experience.”

http://www.bethblog.com/2012/08/03/quakecon-2012-dishonored-voice-cast-and-composer-announced/

They have assembled a stellar voice cast. And Licht composing the score is a huge plus in my book. :up:

Nice cast! Although, right off the batt...

Michael Madsen's character, a "mysterious assassin", is more than likely the assassin who actually killed the Empresses. Not to hard to put together, but I could be wrong.

hmmm it's cool and all, but I'm starting to get worried a bit about this trend. Ever since Ellen page was announced on one game now every other game studio out there are going all out on voice casting movie stars, as much as possible too. it's not necessary a bad thing. But some of those "movie" stars can get real expensive and will push thing's through the roof, cost wise. I hope half these studio's make it through cause it'll get costly depending on who they a hire. The more popular they are and all and in demand they are the higher the price goes too.

Last edited:
I have a feeling they do it so that if there's ever a film adaption, they can reuse the stars. Makes sense.

Great cast though! I'm suprised there are so many American actors in it. I thought they would have gone for more European actors.

It's an impressive list of actors they've assembled but like zenith16 mentioned, it could be a double-edged sword where they could've went with actual voice actors who may be even better and cheaper which would've helped the development cost overall but as long as they delivered their lines good (looking at you Madsen) it's all good.

whose voicing the main character, Corvo?

also, there are still 2 things I wish this game had....

some kind of lightning/electricity spell or attack.

and, the ability to summon a flock of ravens/crows to do your bidding.........

maybe in some DLC.......

In this one he talks about playing with the goal of a handy cap/ self imposed constraints as new ways to play this Game.

QuakeCon 2012: Getting creative in Dishonored

Harvey Smith, co-creative director of Dishonored, explains how fans at QuakeCon 2012 have been finding news ways to play upcoming cyberpunk RPG Dishonored.

source:Gamespot

Last edited:
Dishonored video shows Lady Boyle masquerade mission

Comments 11
http://www.pcgamer.com/author/tomsenior/ at 10:47am August 21 2012
Tom recently had the chance to play through the Lady Boyle mission from Dishonored, an assassination challenge set in a masquerade party. We’ve seen screenshots of that mission showing some of the deeply weird masks favoured by Dunwallian socialites, but now, courtesy of VG247, there’s a bit of video. Allow co-creative director Raf Colantonio to talk you through the various approaches you use to identify and execute your target.

New Dishonored Screens Excite

Preview
by Matthew Kato on Aug 22, 2012 at 10:51 AM
ps3-icon.png

Today Bethesda and developer Arkane Studios released a fresh batch of screens for the very intriguing Dishonored.
... More

source: pcgamer & GI

This game looks amazing. But I was reallllly hoping it'd be 3rd person

I think they went First person to distinguish them selves from assasins creed and others before it. and as what being pushed by people like gt have different feel in stead of looking the same as alot of things Identity wise as what they said here

Latest Episode

Fall Game Preview: Black Ops II, Medal of Honor & Dishonored

where things look like cod and are called rip offs. they say they want some thing new.

but hey if this game was able to switch between third and first person it would be cool too.

Last edited:

It's first person for immersion. This game is supposed to be a rebirth of the first person games of yesteryear like Deus Ex, Thief, System Shock, etc. It's not too much of a surprise since two of the leading guys on the project were part of System Shock and Thief.

I'm so excited for this game, Thief is still one of my favorite games of all time. I remember buying Thief The Dark Project back in 98 when it came out, I remember I actually really hurt my jaw because it was clenched so tight while playing it. The first person does take stealth to a different level for sure.

Last edited:
I am REALLY surprised there is so little hype for this game on the boards. It's easily one of my most anticipated titles of the year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"