Official Dishonored Thread

I hope it's not about the options to go about handling to take out your target's and taking different direction alternate roots to reach that goal.

i've heard there certain gamers that don't like that. I met some like that at work when i was game tester and they had such things for the game the the Agency. If's it not the case though cool. But since you know this isn't the game for you it's also, cool. there just some games that don't appeal to someone no matter how cool. Depends if your burnt out on a certain genre or you just don't like the game play in general . happens.

Last edited:
This is one of my most anticipated games. I can't freaking wait!!!!!

I hope it's on Direct2Play...if not, I guess i'll go with Steam.

two new video's

Dishonored devs sneaking off to Austin tonight to sign game copies

(57 minutes ago) click the images to view them.
Dishonored (Devouring Swarm Power)

If you're going to pick up a copy of Dishonored tonight, and if your want that copy signed by the developers behind it, and if you live anywhere near Austin, then boy are you in the right post. That's because Arkane Studios staff, including co-creative directors Harvey Smith and Raphael Colantonio, are signing copies of the game tonight in the Texan team's hometown.

Dishonored (Wind Blast Power)

Continue Reading

and a late

• Test Chamber – Dishonored

test chamber
    on Oct 08, 2012 at 04:57 PM

One way to play Dishonored is to be careful, sticking to nonlethal tactics and relying on stealth. For this episode of Test Chamber, we skip that strategy completely and go for all-out aggression.
    ... More

source: Joystiq & GI

so you can use the rats to move past those electrical gate's sweet. this reminds me of when the writers at marvel used to do some thing creative with mutant powers. like using them for various effects (which they don't do so much any more bah ) man this games gonna be sweet.

Last edited:
hmm look's like the peep's at GI had a more interesting run with it then Giant bomb did. Oh well hey both showed off the game in interesting ways.

Hmm, may be we should just let him answer. when he's ready to do so. Of course.

Is there any MP component to this? Anyone know about how long it is? DLC on the way?

I remember they ask one of the directors on that and he held of on that. there doesn't seem to be any MP on this. though I don't think they ruled it out and Think GI said some thin on it. But no one's really touching on it in reviews cause their all concerned with the single player. I think it's mostly sp.(mp might show up in the sequel so don't be surprised ) And yes, DLC is on the way.

Last edited:
Is there any MP component to this? Anyone know about how long it is? DLC on the way?

I have heard 5-20 hours. It really depends on if you do a lot of side missions, style of play you use (stealth or run and gun), and how much you explore. I think it has a ton of replay value though, because of how many ways you can tackle each mission.

Personally, I hate First person games, but this does kind of remind me of a mix between Deus Ex and Skyrim, both of which I played in the past few months. I don't think I'd buy it, but based on the reviews, I may check it out one day.

Not too mention one of the achievements for this game is beating it without alerting or killing anyone

My big problem with games like this is that it's never got as much replayability as the developers claim. I mean sure, there will be many different ways you can approach any given situation, but like Deus Ex or something, if you have a very particular playstyle, you will find the way of playing that suits you and most likely stick to that. If you like stealth over action games, you're likely to still go the stealth route on your second and third playthroughs.

Still, this game does have me interested.

My big problem with games like this is that it's never got as much replayability as the developers claim. I mean sure, there will be many different ways you can approach any given situation, but like Deus Ex or something, if you have a very particular playstyle, you will find the way of playing that suits you and most likely stick to that. If you like stealth over action games, you're likely to still go the stealth route on your second and third playthroughs.

Couldn't agree more man, at least that's always been my preference. I can't even play a Skyrim in different ways.

I'm deff picking this up at some point tho.

I played through the tutorial and it's pretty cool. :up:

I was just exploring the main base, and I perched up on a window to see what was outside. I hear, "Oh, my!" And turn around to see the maid. She makes a comment about how I'm practicing hahah. If I were just walking around I would have never heard that. Including that reaction was such a neat little touch, and I'm almost certain they put more of that kind of stuff throughout the game.

Oh, and whoever blew through this game in four hours missed out on a lot of content.

There's actually something called a Chaos meter which changes missions in certain ways depending on how high or low it is and also has an effect on the ending apparently. I'm a fan of the stealthy approach but I'm definitely gonna be doing a 2nd playthrough trying to get Chaos as high as possible by runnin and gunnin.

Yeah, I heard that killing more people means a greater enemy presence later on and a darker ending. I like that.

This game is just... :awesome:. I couldn't figure out how to deal with these guys in a stealthy, non-lethal way. I tried different approaches for 20 minutes but they always ended in extreme violence lol however I was rewarded with a fantastic alternative when I went exploring.

And the best part is this was a completely optional objective.

Just picked up my copy. Can't wait to get started.

Got it loaded up on Steam now...can't wait to play when I get home from work!! It'll be like the good old days of Thief again for me. Stealth all the way.

I killed my first guy by accident so it looks like this first playthrough will be my high chaos playthrough

I killed my first guy by accident so it looks like this first playthrough will be my high chaos playthrough
this can be easily solved by this

Dishonored: how to get Low Chaos, No Kills and Ghost ratings (no spoilers)

Tweet

Comments 9
at 05:02am October 8 2012
Dishonored judges how ruthless you’ve been with an end-of-mission stat called Chaos. It affects a lot about the way the game works out for you, but the game itself doesn’t fully explain how it works. I misunderstood it, and accidentally committed myself to a darker path than I wanted.
The game also rates you on two entirely optional criteria: whether you were detected, and whether you killed anyone. For the most part it’s obvious how to avoid these, but there are some subtleties to how they’re calculated that could cause you to fail them without realising.
Happily, Bethesda sent us all the juicy details of how Chaos, detection and kills are calculated, so we can tell you.

source: pc gamer

Only if you want to do it this way though. It's a lot like fall out 3 in this regard, By killing people and then reducing it(chaos) while still playing. All with out starting over in another play through.

Last edited:
Ok EPD.tV/ROTR just aired their review on TV today and it's the highest score ever. Vic made a reference to how corvo feels like Night crawler from X-men while playing this.

It'll be up soon.

That's true about Nightcrawler. I decided to go with the stealth route but I'm killing every person I see. Absolutely fantastic game so far

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"